TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+12
Whats_Up4444
Aesoth
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
PsychoticDoctor
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
Haar_Dragon
Zeldaman2.0
NebulaGregarZX
khfreak358
16 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 31 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:59 pm

I won't deny it, either. But I think I'll forget about any rant of my own that might have been forming in my head.

Basically, yeah, Haar, we agree for the most part. And the sad thing is, it's not just us being blinded by nostalgia, it's a genuine drop in quality.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 am

Yeah, I tried to explain my reasoning as much as I could so as not to sound like a nostalgia whore, but it doesn't always come out quite right. I'm not saying by any means that there weren't stupid shows around when I was younger, or that there aren't good shows now, but I will say I can name more good kids' shows from the nineties than I can from this decade. That's really the only point I was trying to make.

So, yeah, sorry about that, it's just sometimes I hear something and then I start thinking about it and then before I know it I've been ranting on the subject for ten minutes and everyone around me is aggravated. So my bad on that one.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:43 am

Here have some terrible voice acting

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1884147
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:24 pm

… Wow. What just happened?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Idefk...
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:23 am

Ya know, even though I'm not even doing any RPing, I still feel an obligation to be connected to you guys. I mean, I've spent fucking years here. I don't really do writing anymore, but you guys are like... Like my internet family or something.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 am

As weird as that sounds, I do kind of feel the same way. I like to think that's part of the reason for me starting Recompleted, aside from my own stubborn pride and desire for it to be better: the story that most of us wrote together deserves to be recreated in a way that everybody can appreciate.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:47 am

I'd have to say the same. You guys were my first big family aside from my already huge family. You guys helped me grow as a writer and gave me that first spark, years back on TITAL. Hell, I remember when Yusei first got here and used emoticons half the time in his RP posts XD

Point being, while I hate the fact that aside from the Homestuck thing and General Discussion the site is dead, I wonder if there's any way we could get more prospective writers up in here while staying true to the TITAL way: fuck the established rules, we've got our own, come on in the water's purple.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:53 am

Makes me wonder a little bit...would anyone consider a reboot? I mean, the current TITAL has big story arcs and involves bunches of people. Not only do those people need to come up with good stuff to write, but they also have to be around, so if someone's really busy, the topic kinda just has to die out until someone can come up with something to say. Org XIV is much the same, where there's often a big scene, and anything else coming in would make it feel really choppy and awkward.

So that said, would anyone seriously consider a reboot, not of everything, but of TITAL, at least? Just one with no real focus on story, just kinda what the topic was originally: What if all the characters of Kingdom Hearts lived together in one house? Not to abandon the old topic, but just for something to mess around with.

Or heck, if we could get Heart High up and running, we could use that, just include a bit of home-life rather than have all the classes in the school proper.

Would anyone be on board with that?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:11 am

I kinda had a similar idea Very Happy
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 am

I can't exactly vouch for how active I'll be, but I'm for the idea of a reboot. If Heart High comes back, it'd give me a chance to write Saïx again. Hell, I even remember the Alt code for the ümlaut i(137). Maybe it'd give me a chance to find a middle ground between silly and serious.

That said, RPing aside, I would like to propose an idea of getting together and playing video games online. I mean, video games are what brought us together in the first place, right?
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:33 am

That gaming idea though. If you guys would be okay with it, I'm sure with Skype or some kind of setup on my end I could commentate my LPs with you guys. I'd fuggin love to have y'all on, but I'm rather limited in my games. Though games like Persona and KH would be a lot longer and I'd have more opportunities for y'all to be in them. Maybe not the end-all idea but something to throw out there.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:41 am

Group LPs would be awesome. I was thinking we could do some tournament type games, party games, team games, whatevers. I do know of an NES and an Snes emulator that you play in your browser, and can play two player online with, namely nesbox.com and snesbox.com, so that's a start.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 am

Well I just found out you can use an interrobang in Word with Alt 8253. Doesn't work here, though...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:56 am

I can see it, it's just not cohesive with the site-specific text effects.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:59 am

AKeybladeYouSay wrote:Group LPs would be awesome. I was thinking we could do some tournament type games, party games, team games, whatevers. I do know of an NES and an Snes emulator that you play in your browser, and can play two player online with, namely nesbox.com and snesbox.com, so that's a start.

While I'd be interested, I can say with relative certainty that I would not be able to record stuff from my computer. Whenever I tried, it ended poorly. There was that one time I tried to record Megaman 3...it degenerated into me insulting the game, because...I was younger and kinda stupid.

That said, I'd avoid NES games, for the reason being that when you fail at an NES game, there's not much to say about it. If I were to fail at, let's say, Metal Gear Solid, it opens more things that I could potentially say as compared to if I died in, for example, Zelda II.

Also, you can see it because I copy-pasted from Word. If you try it here, it just gives you the equals sign.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:00 am

I know that plenty of emus can do that, but require specific builds. I'm also curious as to how exactly the save files work. Because I do like my save states and all that.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 am

Since it is a public server, you can only have one save state. If you have two people playing, player 1 sort of acts like a host. I'm pretty sure that. If you play just by yourself, then invite someone into your game and load your state, it acts like you just plugged in a controller.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 am

Oh. We could totally do that. Live commentary is still something I'm working on, but if y'all have mics we could totally do that.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 am

I don't have my headset yet, and it seems like it's going to be delayed quite a bit longer, but I do have a headset. It's just not in the state and I can't use it. The only way I can skype is with my phone which works alright, but I'd like to be able to do it all on the computer.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 am

I've never done anything like this before. But since I've got my laptop, which has a microphone of its own, I could theoretically do this without having to purchase any additional equipment. But where would I go...? I would want to be somewhere with good internet access, but where I wouldn't be interrupted, and with little or no noise...

Well, on another subject, I kind of drew a picture back in December - which I'd started sometime in October - and I'd like some feedback on it. Thing is, it really only directly concerns people involved in Org.XIV, but I welcome comments from everybody. See, I wanted to do a group shot of a chunk of the cast, so I did, and it's meant to invoke the cover of KHII Final Mix+. I'm worried I got the characters wrong, since for some of them, I had fairly little to go on for their appearances.

I'm having trouble getting the image up directly, so I'll put a link to the page right here.

http://fav.me/d73imok
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:53 pm

I will say that if you have a built in mic you may want to make sure that you cannot hear your air fan going. I didn't have a headset and for the longest time didn't realize what my friends meant by my laptop sounded like "a jet driving down the highway". If you can't help it, I can probably help with some kind of noise cancellation, or, bar that, run your audio through Audacity and reduce background noise for an upload, if a channel happens.

As for your picture, all i can say is that it looks well-balanced, it evokes the KHII logo fairly well, and it's high quality for your work. Good job.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

I should be able to co-commentate at the very least. The laptop I have is not the greatest thing in the world, but I'm sure there's something I could play online with you guys. Though, I probably won't be able to record my screen.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

FFSplit and XSplit work well, and they both have Twitch integration. I uninstalled my software after unsuccessfully trying to do a Let's play because it wasn't working for me, though.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm

I think for a group LP, while multiple views might be nice, if it's emulated games like Yusei said then it's not necessary for multiple views, unless we have a tourney going on. In which case, that might help.

Also, if it was something like Minecraft, that would also be something for multiple views. But I don't currently own it on my laptop, so...

All great suggestions guys. Wonder if I could co commentate with Admin over P3. He's been wanting to do one for a while now if I remember correctly.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next