TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 25 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 pm

That would be me. I try not to talk too much about Fire Emblem, but it comes up quite a bit anyway. In case my name didn't give it away, I LIKE THE SERIES.

Aaaanyway, Awakening did steal the title of "favorite FE game" from Path of Radiance (GameCube), and the characters are well-done, through the support system. The plot is interesting and the villain...well, it's actually something hinted at, so there's that. NO. BAD HAAR. STOP TALKING ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM, YOU FAWN ABOUT IT TOO MUCH. Aww, but Haar-- NO BUTS, STFU!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 25 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Malakili007 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:Fuck it. Cheaper 3DS and probably better games.

Any suggestions on the games? I could really go for some JRPGs, some action... honestly anything GOOD. Engaging. Maybe a little different.
Well there is this one game I had my eye on for awhile that I just got and am checking out at the moment.

It seems to be a JRPG with a side scrolling beat em up combat system, and it's made by ATLUS. I've only played a little bit so far and I'm enjoying it. Oh right might want to mention it's name huh?

Code of Princess.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  EpicMasterMind Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Malakili007 wrote:

Any suggestions on the games? I could really go for some JRPGs, some action... honestly anything GOOD. Engaging. Maybe a little different.
Well there is this one game I had my eye on for awhile that I just got and am checking out at the moment.

It seems to be a JRPG with a side scrolling beat em up combat system, and it's made by ATLUS. I've only played a little bit so far and I'm enjoying it. Oh right might want to mention it's name huh?

Code of Princess.
Code of Princess is published by Atlus in the States, not developed by them.  It was made by Agatsuma Entertainment.  That said, it's a good game.  It's a lot like Guardian Heroes.  Not as good, but still a nice throwback.
EpicMasterMind
EpicMasterMind
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 pm

(...I'll try to ignore the dramatic emphasis and buildup in Malak's post there...)

It sounds pretty interesting. It's a 3DS title? I'll check it out as soon as I can. Still, priority goes to Mighty No.9, then Kid Icarus, then anything else. Sorry, but the Blue Bomber's successor is going to sell out FAST, I'm sure. Copies of Kid Icarus aren't that uncommon, and among the other titles... I don't know if I'd play Devil Survivor, since I can't seem to grasp that particular kind of strategy RPG.

Mighty No.9 gets TOP priority. I am sorry, but it even gets priority over Kingdom Hearts this time. Of course, that's easier since I already got KH3D, and I'm not getting 1.5 Remix...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:43 pm

EpicMasterMind wrote:
Malakili007 wrote:

Code of Princess.
Code of Princess is published by Atlus in the States, not developed by them.  It was made by Agatsuma Entertainment.  That said, it's a good game.  It's a lot like Guardian Heroes.  Not as good, but still a nice throwback.
>_<.....It had Atlus on the box. Sue me for not reading the fine print.

P.S. I maaaaay have been distracted by......>_> "other" things on the box....just maaaaaaaaybe. Razz
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 pm

-google searches- Now what on earth could... Oh. Oh my.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  EpicMasterMind Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Malakili007 wrote:
EpicMasterMind wrote:
Malakili007 wrote:

Code of Princess.

P.S. I maaaaay have been distracted by......>_> "other" things on the box....just maaaaaaaaybe. Razz
Atlus is large publishing house and as such they bring a lot of titles to the West.  They themselves basically only make the SMT series and it's tie-ins.
EpicMasterMind
EpicMasterMind
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 pm

EpicMasterMind wrote:
Malakili007 wrote:
EpicMasterMind wrote:
Malakili007 wrote:

Code of Princess.

Atlus is large publishing house and as such they bring a lot of titles to the West.  They themselves basically only make the SMT series and it's tie-ins.
*raises hand* Teacher I have to go potty!!!!
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Ah, project X-zone, where the most unlikely of fan-fare shows up in the form of characters from games that never made it overseas.

"Looks at VC3 and weeps."

Still being occupied by XIV, though I realize it is not really a sort of game for me.  Had a bit of nostalgia today when someone on another forum posted up a picture of a gba with Advance Wars on it.  Had to listen to the soundtracks immediately.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:04 pm

So, apparently my "source" has a ps4 already on hold, according to mother.

How much rage do you think I would get if I got it now and posted pics online?

Having typed this, I now await the sony lawyer battalion.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 pm

so apparently according to my "source"..... I hate your "source"..... nah jk Razz......lucky punk
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:25 pm

I sincerely doubt he has one already, unless it is without a box or any of the doodads they throw in these days.

I joked to her that I would immediately sell it to someone who wanted to break the street date in record time.

Sigh, I miss the days when I would fire up the N64, sit at the edge of my chair and play Paper Mario all the way through in one sitting.  That was the golden era for me.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Pokemon X

< And I still got the timeline poster without preordering both games. Pays to be a regular customer of the store sometimes Razz>
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:12 pm

RIGHHT WHEN I GET BACK INTO POKEMON...
Anywho, I'll hopefully be getting GTA V today.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:23 pm

You cannot truly comprehend Pokémon until you have done a Nuzlocke run. Of course, I have nothing against people who DON'T do that... considering the whole tragic-loss-of-your-teammates thing. No, really, that's not a taunt. I couldn't understand why anybody would take up the challenge, until I did. ...Dunno if I'd want to do that in all of my games.

I personally don't care for GTA. At all. Well, opinions are a dime a dozen on the internet, so I won't hammer you with mine on a series I never even tried to play. Because that would be dumb.

So, Xenogears! I hear it (was)'s awesome. To be honest, I've done absolutely no looking into it. You would think I'd have done that by now, but I haven't. Strange, no? It was a Playstation 1 game from what I recall, and I hear good things about the music, and it was made by Square... but that's just about it. Care to enlighten me?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:13 pm

NebulaGregarZ wrote:
So, Xenogears! I hear it (was)'s awesome. To be honest, I've done absolutely no looking into it. You would think I'd have done that by now, but I haven't. Strange, no? It was a Playstation 1 game from what I recall, and I hear good things about the music, and it was made by Square... but that's just about it. Care to enlighten me?
Least your not as bad as me Nebula. I have a copy sitting within arm's reach of me right now, that I have yet to actually put into the system.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 pm

NebulaGregarZX wrote:So, Xenogears! I hear it (was)'s awesome. To be honest, I've done absolutely no looking into it. You would think I'd have done that by now, but I haven't. Strange, no? It was a Playstation 1 game from what I recall, and I hear good things about the music, and it was made by Square... but that's just about it. Care to enlighten me?
Well, you play as normal guy named Fei Fong Wong who lives in a small village and likes to paint. Cue giant mechs and a horrific event and Fei is forced out of the village on his lonesome with nothing, forced to roam the world with only his fists at his side. Now, that's only about the first 10 minutes of the game, and I can't go any further because my memory is poor.

The combat system is really great though. You have an amount of AP, or action points, to use and three attacks. Triangle attacks are weak but cost one point, square attacks are average in strength and cost two points, and X attacks are the strongest and cost three points. And just starting off, you only have three points. So you're limited to either three triangles, a triangle and a square, or one X. Also, by doing enough combinations, you get get things called a "Deathblow", which is basically a unique moved performed at the end of a combo for free.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:30 pm

*Glances guiltily at original copy of Chrono Cross, which has only seen a few hours of play so far...* ...Aheheh... yeah... I totally haven't been ironically neglecting a game that had the same art director... no, sir...

Rexial: >Not as bad, but that's still pretty cold, Neb...<

EDIT: Oh? Chrono Cross has a similar mechanic for its melee combat. Weaker attacks are more accurate, stronger ones are less so, and each attack builds up a point of Element power, which is used for basically the magic and special techs of the game. Called Elements.

I should investigate this one personally.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 pm

I really need to track down a copy of Cross. And a PS1 memory card, apparently.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:04 pm

You could actually just buy Chrono Cross off of PSN. It's only about $5, granted you'd need a PS3 or a PSP or a Vita. You can also buy Xenogears off of PSN.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:28 pm

^Nope. Not until like spring or something.

I'm bad at saving money.

And 3DS(or 2DS actually)>PS3 right at the moment.

I NEEDZ MAH POKEYMANZ.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:37 pm

-~- I have no way of accessing PSN. Well, nuts.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Hey Gregar, I'm about to catch the Chocobo. Where are you at?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:10 pm

...Only just finished with the flashback sequence at Kalm? Really? I, uh... overestimated how much time you were putting in to this. I'm standing outside Junon right now. Unless you meant some other instance of chocobo-catching.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:19 pm

I haven't really been having a chance to play as much as I'd really like these last few days. And yeah, just after Kalm and eight hours in. How far ahead of me are you, exactly? I'll be able to put in quite a few hours today and tomorrow, but I will be able to catch up quickly, I think.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next