TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TITAL Title 2.0

+2
Atlantis_Rising
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The TITAL Title 2.0 Empty The TITAL Title 2.0

Post  Atlantis_Rising Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:49 am

It's back, it's revamped, it's the TITAL Title.

I know I completely botched my first attempt, but I have it figured out now.

New categories, new competitors, a new competition.

The rules are simple. I post the bracket. Each round is active for a week. All you have to do is write the match-up with your selection underlined.
Ex: Naruto v One Piece

The first bracket will pit 16 anime protagonists in a single elimination bracket. Each bracket is randomly seeded. If I get enough interest, I will post the bracket and we'll get the ball rolling.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

The TITAL Title 2.0 Empty Re: The TITAL Title 2.0

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:35 am

I'd be interested if other people are.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 pm

One or two more people would make it possible.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm down to clown.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:57 am

Well, I mean, we can start? If you guys want to vote, and then I can decide ties? I can speed up each match up if you both of you respond to the match ups, too. Your call, guys. I'm not against it, personally.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:07 am

Remember that all seeds have been randomly set, placing each entrant against a random opponent in Round 1. All voting will be conducted in a single post with the winner selected via a underline (Ex. Naruto v One Piece). I'd prefer if each match up was set on a different line that the one(s) above/below them on the bracket. It would just make it easier to track for myself.

Round 1:
Afro (Afro Samurai) v Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Alucard (Hellsing) v Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Shinya Kougami (Psycho Pass) v Guts (Berserk)

Naruto Usumaki (Naruto) v Light Yagami (Death Note)

Goku (Dragon Ball) v Lucy Heartfalia (Fairy Tale)

Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) v Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

Kirito (Sword Art Online) v InuYasha (InuYasha)

Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) v Yusuke Urmaeshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Other Notes: Please ignore any errors I've made in placing a character into the bracket. I understand that Alucard is more of antihero, but he is seen as the protagonist. Assume that any characters listed from an anime where there are multiple series of, as Edward Elric and FMA or Goku and DBZ are the same character throughout, so as not to vote against a single series of that character, I'm looking at them as all one and the same. Also, feel free to note why you made your selections should you feel the need; it's not a requirement, just so long as your vote is placed clearly, I don't care.

Here we go! Let Season 1 of the TITAL Tital commence!
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:02 pm

...I think this proves I'm not enough of a shut-in. I only recognize a good chunk of these characters by name. Well, here goes, I guess. I'm only going to provide reasons when I have an actually valid one (beyond "he has a cool name"), though.

Light Yagami is a freaking psychopath whose job is to kill people. Naruto is a ninja dressed in bright orange. I feel no need to elaborate further.

Oh, boy. Just a comment on this one, I've seen maybe one episode of InuYasha, and I don't know a thing about it, but Kirito was my complaint about Sword Art. Namely in that he wasn't particularly interesting. At all. In fact, the second arc made him out to be kind of a creep. Where at least InuYasha has the advantage of...dog-ears. I don't know whether it's ever explained why, but whether it is or not, it's still more interesting.

This...this is not an easy decision. Admittedly, I've only read four volumes of FMA and haven't seen the anime at all, while Yu Yu Hakusho was one of those shows I watched when I was younger. I re-watched it more recently, and it was really the only longer anime that held my attention past the first 60-ish episodes (One Piece keeping me on board for around 70, despite how much I enjoyed it). Of course, this is more because I get distracted by other things, but regardless. Either way, with what I've seen, I just feel like I've had more fun with Edward, where Yusuke was more serious, and while I like serious or dramatic from time to time, I'm never going to turn down something that's fun.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Tallied. Just going to wait on Zelda and we'll move on when he posts.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Excuse me for butting in late on this one.

While ordinarily, I would think to give it to Afro, based on what little I know of these two, I also know that Spike knows kung-fu. I somehow get the feeling Spike would win in that fight, or at least stand a very reasonable chance. Also, he uses guns. I'm sure Afro can deal with those, but still.

Alucard is harder to kill. That's one of my basic rules for fights between beings that can't be killed normally: if one side possesses the means to finish the other off, but not the other way around, the match was over before it began. This is a milder case.

F*ck, I dunno. I won't cast my vote when I know absolutely nothing.

Actually, kinda tough. Naruto is more than likely to blurt out his name like an idiot from what I know, but if he goes in knowing anything, he could survive. He'd easily overpower Light. Still, yeah, Light would be most likely to win. I still hate the prick, though.

Goku is entirely capable of handling all of Lucy's summons. And he's sharp enough to figure out after the first or second time that he can end the fight by just taking her keys, though he'd likely opt to fight them all anyway. Perhaps he'd have some trouble with one or two of them, but if he either has his Nimbus/Kinto un or the flying technique/bukujutsu, then it becomes a non-issue. And Lucy's summons have time limits, which Goku can easily outlast. Admittedly, it's possible for him to lose, if his strength runs out during the gauntlet of battles, but the odds are in his favor.

Kenshin all the way. This is more because I'm very, very familiar with Kenshin, and not at all with Ghost in the Shell. Logically, I think Kenshin might be at a disadvantage, since what little I hear about the other show is that the main character is emotionless and the society kills people who act emotionally, or something, and Kenshin had trouble dealing with an opponent whose emotions he could not read. ...Said opponent was also faster than Kenshin, something that never happens anywhere else in the series. On my limited knowledge, I hand it to Himura Kenshin.

Okay, this one hinges on whether Kirito has his game-world abilities or not. If not, then, well, he doesn't stand a chance. Though you did list him by his virtual name, not his real name, so I'll assume you meant him with his electronic avatar. Also, I dunno much about Inu Yasha, either. He's a half-demon, and very durable, but I don't know how well demon-strength translates against a combat system that's based on numbers. Kirito is a skilled fighter, but I don't know about Inu Yasha. He gets a sword, I know that, but I have no idea how well he uses it. I'd have to give this one to Kirito on what little knowledge I have.

Ouch, tough one. I saw Yu Yu Hakusho as a kid, up to the Dark Tournament arc, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in full a few years ago. Of course, that means I remember Edward better than Yusuke. I seem to remember that Yusuke did win his fights with guile and clever thinking rather than brute force, and Edward fights the same way. I figure it comes down to how their abilities play out. Hm... probably depends on whether Yusuke nails Ed with his first shot from the Spirit Gun. Once Ed sees it once, he'll know to expect projectile shots, and be ready to create walls to defend himself, so that first shot is a golden opportunity to end the fight right away. However, Ed's alchemy is more variable, and can be used in different ways to attack and defend. Yusuke may have the advantage of surprise with the Spirit Gun, but he probably won't expect Ed's alchemy, either. He may be a bit more used to dealing with weird powers, though, so that advantage may not work as well on him. Ed has the advantage of more useful powers, Yusuke has the advantage of surprise and expecting the unexpected. But since fights in anime never end with the fight attack, Ed wins. This one was extremely close, though!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Should have noted I wasn't thinking of this as an actual fighting tournament, more so as a popularity contest and such, but I'll still take the votes, Neb! Thanks for the participation.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm notoriously bad at picking favorites anyway. Better that I choose based on some form of logic. But I'll keep that in mind for future matchups.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:37 pm

I'd like to note that Yusuke has gone up against plenty of enemies that saw his Spirit/Rei-gun coming, and/or had one weak spot and a crap-ton of armor, and as such, I don't think Edward knowing about it and expecting projectiles would mean much, since Yusuke has frequently managed to use it to hit people who were very much on-guard for it. That said, he doesn't know about Edward's mechanical limbs (or rather, has no means of knowing they exist, being a middle/high school student in Japan.) I don't mean to disparage your logic or try to argue, just felt like being a massive nerd for a second.

Also, depending on when the incarnation of Goku is from, chances are he could end any fight involving him in under a second, so including him in a legitimate fighting tournament...would be completely unfair to everyone else in the remotest vicinity.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:01 am

Just to dump my nerdom out here, Kirito is only the username for SAO, Elfheim and the last arc. His real name is Kirigaya Kazuto
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:17 am

A: Fair enough, glad to hear from somebody who knows what they're talking about, since it's been years since I saw Yu Yu Hakusho. I should consider watching it again, since I did the same for Rurouni Kenshin and Dragon Ball Z.

B: To be fair, I was thinking mid-Dragon Ball, like around the time Goku brought down the Red Ribbon army single-handedly. But that's because I'm watching it for the third time, and that's where I am. Though whether it's a contest of strength or popularity, Goku is hard to beat.

C: Yes, Kirito is Kirigaya Kazuto. I acknowledged that you explicitly used his username instead of his real name in my usual, confusing, roundabout way. To counter-nerd you, it's spelled Alfheim, and the arc you refer to was in a game called Gun Gale Online. And apparently the tournament was originally called Ballet of Bullets, not Bullet of Bullets. The former was kind of amazing, if a little silly, while the latter is just... boring. Ballet of Bullets any day.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Fair enough XD I didn't make it the whole way through the second season. Wasn't as impressed with the ending of the first arc as most I've talked to. Guess I should go back and check it out.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:41 am

Sorry for another double post, but if Zelda doesn't vote by (some time) tomorrow I'm just going to move on. A week is way too long lmfao

Edit: Anyone not already participating, feel free to do so.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Yay triple posting! Very Happy

Results from Round 1:
Spike Spiegel eliminates Afro 2-0

Monkey D. Luffy eliminates Alucard via tie break vote 2-1

Shinya Kougami defeats Guts 1-0

Light Yagami defeats Nurto 2-0

Goku defeats Lucy Heartfalia 2-0

Himura Kenshin defeats Motoko Kusanagi 2-0

InuYasha defeats Kirito via tie break vote 2-1

Edward Elric defeats Yusuke Urmaeshi 2-0

Round 2 Pairings:
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) v Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Shinya Kougami (Psycho Pass) v Light Yagami (Death Note)

Goku (Dragon Ball) v Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

InuYasha (InuYasha) v Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Voting is now open!
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am

Ehhh, I never really liked Luffy much anyway.

I absolutely refuse to vote for Light beyond round one.

Dammit, I was hoping these two wouldn't meet up so early... Man. I... I can't decide. Can I vote for both? These two both get me right in the childhood. If I absolutely have to, I'm gonna vote for Kenshin, since he's actually had a bigger influence on me than Goku.

Edward Elric is cool. I happen to have a slight bias against Inu Yasha, actually, and I still don't know enough about him to say he's better.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:30 am

...Every single one of these is someone I know against someone I don't. I mean...I guess I kinda know Kenshin, but I haven't seen that one since, like...2002? A long-ass time. Either way, all my votes are for the one I know, because given that you said it's a popularity contest...it's hard to be well-liked if you're not well-known. Hell, I don't even know Edward all that well, but from what I've seen of him, he's cool. And since 6 volumes of manga is more than 1 episode of anime, every single one of these is a complete landslide for me.

And by total coincidence, my vote ties everything except for Elric...wonderful.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Well I'll give it another day or so. Apologies for being gone since posting this round. Hopefully someone else comments. I'd prefer not to be breaking ties for an entire round. Should no one else vote (*cough, cough* Zelda *cough*) by noon EST Saturday (3/21) I'll break the ties and we'll move on.

And again, if there's anyone reading this that isn't participating already, feel free to cast votes.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Sorry for taking so long, I didn't realize, and I don't always come here everyday. So when I don't show up, it's typically for a long time unless reminded. Ehehehehehehe. 

Also. Naruto is a Magic Knight. Not a ninja. Everyone else is a Magic Knight with Ninja training, but no one in the series is a legitimate ninja to any extent.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:01 pm

No worries Zelda lol but I'll update bracket tonight after work (say 8ish EST). New round will be posted then pending any new voters.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:05 am

Round 2 Results:
Monkey D. Luffy defeats Spike Spiegel 2-1

Light Yagami defeats Shinya kougami 2-1

Goku defeats Himura Kenshin 2-1

Edward Elric eliminates InuYasha via unanimous 3-0 decision.

Semi-Final Match-ups!
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) v Light Yagami (Death Note)

Goku (Dragon Ball) v Eward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

Wow. Uh. Good luck, guys. XD
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:31 am

I just watched Battle of Gods, there's no way I can vote on something if Goku's involved.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:55 am

Watch some FMA:B and come back XD
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta