TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (OOC)

+15
khfreak358
Zeldaman2.0
PsychoticDoctor
lethalityComplex
ARanger
Malakili007
Maverick Entity
XGeass
Shadow۩witch
Eques tenebrarum
Whats_Up4444
13th
TwilightAeon13
Skazzasurf
AKeybladeYouSay
19 posters

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (OOC) - Page 11 Empty Re: Org. XIV (OOC)

Post  Eques tenebrarum Sun May 20, 2012 4:24 pm

It's. A video game! You fight monsters and cast magic and survive impossible s*** why not breath water and use a lumpy ball (no reference to my parts there either) to score goals in underwater soccer
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 pm

A gravity-defying orb of water where people can breathe infinitely and which is supported by nothing. BULL. SH*T.

I understand it's a fantasy game. But at the same time, it has shown that gravity and physics still for the most part apply! You can't just ignore it for SOME things!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Well, the lumps are probably for a better grip. It IS a ball with a smooth surface, and they ARE throwing it and hitting it while swimming, so it would be hard to hold on to.

In the intro cinematic with the badass music (Otherworld) playing, Tidus rammed a player out of the sphere, and whatever surface holds the water in place visibly shattered and reformed itself. There's SOME kind of logic behind it, but not a whole lot.

They hold their breath. Not that any human could ever actually do it for so long while doing all that stuff... But I think, in the ending or something, Yuna mentions that she's training herself for Blitzball by learning to hold her breath for a long time. Plus, early on, Tidus washes up on the beach, and he only survived because he could hold his breath for rediculous amounts of time, thanks to his Blitzball training. And then there's the boss fight with that fish bastard in the temple, and when you revisit, you have to fight it for real... While underwater. And since only Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku can hold their breath that long while fighting... So, uh, they ARE kinda consistant. Magic A is Magic A, afterall. They follow their own rules.

Hair gel doesn't work like that. Sora's hair flattened a little, then slowly returned to normal spikiness.

The stripping? Yeah, that looked like stripping. But she only removed the heavy suit she was wearing over her clothes. It was fanservicy, though.

...Flame? I like Bolt spells better. Your flame shield is nothing to my destructive powers! ...But they wouldn't affect you anyway. No point in trying. I'm trying my best to argue rationally. Did I come off sounding flame-ish? I'm sorry, Haar. -_-;; I'll try to include more emotes to get the point across.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Actually, Bolt spells would be more effective. Haar is from FE, and by FE logic, Bolt/Thunder magic>Wyvern Knights...then again, he dodges 75% of them...

In any case, you make good points. But at the same time, the in-game version of blitzball is disappointing and crappy.

And on the subject of breath-holding...it's like 20 minutes! What human can hold their breath that long!?

And as for the ball, I don't think covering it in bumps would really help much. It'd be better if it was coated in sandpaper or something, but the way it's designed now doesn't really look helpful in that way...and again, hydrodynamics.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Yeah, the ingame Blitzball sucked. I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. I only played it a couple of times. And now I know the secret to victory: Get a higher score, then switch to Manual Mode when you have the ball, and hide behind the goalposts, where no player ever goes. Then jsut wait.

Sand paper WOULD help with grip, but... yeah, hydrodynamics. maybe the lumps are just there for the hell of it. Why does Tidus's initial sword look like a mail opener?

Holding your breath for 20 minutes, yeah, that's equivalent to being able to kill giant mechas with swords that, really, would probably snap in half in contact with said mechas. It's just more outlandish.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Actually, now that I think of it, a hydrodynamic ball would be impossible to keep a hold on, so the whole game is pretty much impossible.

And I just realized I never actually answered you as to how far I've gotten. I am on board the airship, and have fought the dragon-thingy where you control the distance and attack from close or far. Strategy is to basically spam the sh*t out of Wakka. It works. I have also fought at the first part of the wedding scene, but I get my ass handed to me, so I'm basically just sitting in front of the dragon-thingy fight.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh, no, not the Sinspawn fight where it uses Giga Gravition... I hated how it would do that, and give me a Game Over by doing something perfectly logical: Crashing the airship.

...Wait, so you can't beat the boss? Or rp you beat it, but get killed right afterwards at the wedding?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Right afterwards. The walker-robot things. Honestly, I think I might just be underleveled...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Have Rikku Steal from them; they'll fall apart and die when she does. I believe the Sensor info tells you about it.

You know, I had trouble remembering to level up everybody all the time. Yuna was horribly underleveled because I never used her. Mostly because she can't multitarget with her healing, for some reason... And Rikku didn't have the physical strength an stamina to be a full-time member of the party. Lulu died all the time, so I had to constantly revive her. SHe was really useful in the final battle with Seymore, though. She had a piece of equipment that absorbed three of the elements, so he couldn't do a thing to hurt her while she used Focus to raise everybody's Magic Defense.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun May 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Final fight with Seymour as in fourth? There are four, right?

And the walkers die when you steal from them? I thought that was just the robots in the desert. Them too, seriously? Huh.

My typical party is Auron Wakka and Lulu. Because Tidus has crappy strength. I basically put him in, cast slow and haste, then switch him back out.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I THINK they do. It's more than just the ones from before. In fact, the enemies that you fight when rescuing Yuna from the Al Bhed Psyches have the same problem. You just don't have the ability to exploit it. Some enemies in the Zanarkand Ruins are like that, too.

Don't underestimate Tidus. Speed is the most important thing in the game, and it's Tidus's specialty. His ultimate skill is Quick Hit, which lets him strike quickly, without losing nearly as much time, letting him get turns faster. He also knows Delay Hit and Delay Buster, which knocks back the enemy's turns. And if you finish up on his grid, put him on Auron's or Wakka's to boost his strength. Then, he'll be a lightning-fast tank! Myself, I'm putting him on Yuna's grid. I get the feeling that having a speedy, white-magic-slinging fighter will help immensely.

Yuna has the best Magic stat, but she doesn't learn offensive magic unless you put her on Lulu's grid. I used Lulu plenty, to exploit weaknesses and all, but she really lacks physical stamina. I think, once she and Yuna finish their own grids, they should switch, so that they can both get to be amazingly powerful.

Four fights with Seymore...?

-Seymore Guado
-Seymore(Transformed? I forget the name.)
-Seymore Flux
-Seymore Omnis

...Yep, that would be the fourth. Damn guy never gives up. At least I took down Flux, thanks to the wonderous spell that is Poison. 1000 damage on the guy per round, and all I have to do is survive! And then spam Aeons!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed May 23, 2012 7:45 pm

...Got it.

And yeah, I get the whole Speed thing, but I don't play any game really like all-out speed or anything like that. I go for a balance between speed and strength, usually with a backup White Mage...

...Of course, in THIS game, your white mage is also your summoner, and so they're both being constantly kidnapped, so I find myself relying way too much on my pockets for craploads of healing items, when it's really Ethers I should be buying, but GAH!!!!

...But now I'm ranting again. All I'm saying is, I tend to favor Power over Speed, which is why I like Auron in battle so much, and why I like Magic: Enemies have crappy RES as a general rule.

But it's really not so much a problem with my plan I don't think, I'm pretty sure I'm just underleveled. Of course, I've been too preoccupied playing The World Ends with You and going through P3 again, so...yeah. Not much time for a game with (in my opinion) a sub-standard cast and an only good story.

(Only good: Not great, not KH level, kinda generic. Demon destroys world with a bit of a twist.)
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=caWY7uOlakU

Oxthmas' new theme, if not a song for my organization. Haven't seen the series, but I always can appreciate a good tune.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 am

Can somebody please summarize what's happened since I left last?
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 am

...Hard to say. What was the last thing you remember happening? We need to know how far back to go.

Recently, it's mostly...
-Archer and Sylvia training with Nick,
-Aleri, Lance, and co, hanging out all day,
-Rexial talking to a member of the Dark Bloodline and then watching when Archer and Sylvia's training goes to hell,
-Daniel going to TCTNW, and running into X-Sigma, and engaging in combat,
-Aleri showing Dante around Asylum,

...Yeah, I'm not really sure how far to go back.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 am

Ah, f@&# it, I don't need to know any of that s#!*.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 am

...Alright, I'm kinda irritated about the lack of planning here. I mean, about the Time Skip. In-story, there are about six more days until we have a climactic battle, which leads directly into the jump. Supposedly, we were supposed to all fight X-Sigma, who will try to do something evil. Very evil. Like, threaten-the-multiverse evil. I forget if Haar gave me liscense to tell you all exactly what.

See, Haar says X-Sigma will live from this encounter. Problem is, I don't see how we can go from everybody attacking X-Sigma, dealing the finishing blow, transitioning to-

-THE FUUUUUTUUUUUURRRRRRE!-

-and yet, leaving him unharmed. If he survives without it being immediately obvious, and we maybe find out LATER that he survived, then I could see it working. but it has to seem like he's been beaten, or it won't be a climax. Haar, your thoughts? Can we make it LOOK like we beat X-Sigma, but he gets to live?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:52 am

I agree with you here, Nebula. I think it's best that it SEEMS like he's beaten and we find out later he survived. It's the only sensible course of action.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 am

Yeah, it feels like a good mediation. Haar can keep his character, everybody still keeps their victory. Haar, your thoughts? ...Well, when you get on, please contribute them.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:35 am

The thing about X-Sigma is I haven't revealed his real name yet. Villains don't die until their names are revealed. Plus, there's the whole training thing. And he's locked in combat with Daniel for the moment, but I'm too lazy to type out more of that fight. Because it keeps feeling really, really redundant. All the same, he's a villain and a psychopath with no visible path to reformation. There isn't an Org member who'd let him live, so if he's gonna survive...he's gonna have to either

A: Win. Not likely considering he'd probably just blow everything up.
B: Gain some new power to help him slip away. Considering what I've shown him do already, also unlikely
C: Run like hell when he sees he's losing. Given his character, no.
D: Drag himself away during some big flash of light when he realizes he's about to die. Not quite likely, but conceivable considering he's gonna have to fight the entire Org.

So basically, if he's gonna not die, someone has to give him a reason to run away.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Just bring in something that he's s***-scared of and make him run off. Solution is there. Smile
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Roland: "Cracks knuckles" I'll make him run...

Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:00 pm

I agree, a time skip would be wise. My characters have nothing going on...
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Blades_Of_Odin wrote:Just bring in something that he's s***-scared of and make him run off. Solution is there. Smile
He is psychotic and masochistic. He cut off his arm when fighting three members of Org XIV "to make it fair." I think it's safe to say there's nothing he's really afraid of.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah, we'll probably have everybody use their ultimate attacks, then go for a Combined Energy Attack to "finish" him. He'll escape the second before it hits, so the flash of light makes it impossible to notice. And, for emphasis, a scream just before he escapes would be good. Nobody dies without a good death cry, or it's not believable. Unless it's a story where life is extremely fragile, but this is KH.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 36 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum