TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles Empty Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 am

So I'm a little bored and decided to a Nuzlocke challenge on one of my pokemon games. However this challenge will be a little different. But first in case anyone doesn't know. What is a Nuzlocke challenge?

The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:

• Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
  • While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  • Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
  • Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themself, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a Golem, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules. As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.
  • Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.

Those are the basic rules the following are optional rules that I myself will be following (though there are many more)

Optional rules

• Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to ban duplicate captures.
  • Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon. For example, the PoochyenaRS/ZigzagoonE that the player has to save Professor Birch from is not counted as the first encounter on the route, and not counting any other encounters as such until they can catch. Likewise, in the games where the rival battle is immediately after getting the starter Pokémon, the "any that faint must be released" rule is not enforced at that time.
  • As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints.
  • If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.
  • Disallow fleeing.

Now here's where some other interesting things come into play....the next person to post..... gets to choose the starter type....I'm not telling you which version I'm playing in order that the typing is not influenced at all by what region I'll be in.

Provided someone has posted a starter type by tomorrow morning I will begin the adventure with said type in the morning....as I do the challenge though I will be posting it here as a story from the third person view.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles Empty Re: Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 am

Water.

And all I have to say is good luck, I'm doing one on Crystal and Emerald (I didn't want to do one on LG, I have a different run I wanna do for funsies).

Also: watch the fuck out for Rattata. Fucking Fang attacks and Quick Attack with criticals will mess you up. I lost two Pokemon in Crystal from them.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles Empty Re: Mala's Nuzlocke Pokeventure Chronicles

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 am

Water it is then. I suppose now I can say that the version will be Pearl. ( I was going to give the second poster a choice between Pearl and Sapphire but I can not for the LIFE of me find my copy of Sapphire)
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:36 am

Well then. Empoleon ftw? Eh. I dunno what the pokemon for that are too well, never played Gen IV. And instead of releasing them, I perma-box my dead 'mons in a box simply titled REMEMBER.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 am

Yea that is listed under the many optional rules I mentioned......at the moment Im just going on a walkabout for the kalos (gen 6) region with some of the low level mons I didn't level much during the story run

p.s. there are hints in X & Y at a gen 3 remake...as well as a possible gen 7 region
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 am

In my Ruby Nuzlocke, I've set up a box for my dead team members. I labeled it "Heaven", just to twist the knife a little. And I set the wallpaper to Sky, just to add to the effect. And I think I've only lost one Pokémon so far, but it's been a while since I've done anything with it. Poor, poor Soma...

...So, humor me. Why aren't you using the optional - but long-standing - rule of having to nickname every Pokémon you catch? After all, the point of the challenge is both to ramp up the difficulty and to foster a connection with your team beyond just the need to have them soak up hits and wipe out your opponents.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 am

take another look at the basic rules there nebula......specifically the third bullet point

those are copy/pasted directly from bulbapedia

In case I didn't make it clear...all basic rules will be followed for this challenge....which will be interesting for me since I NEVER nickname my mon's

Last edited by Malakili007 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 am

Awww, but Torterra's so awesome! He can one-shot Dialga!

Then again, he annihilated my cousin's level 100 Infernape, so I might be a little biased...Proof that Fire/Fighting is not a good combination. Razz
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:05 am

Sorry Haar....the game was afoot as soon as I made that post and Zelda beat everyone to the prize
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 am

Eh, yeah, I know. I'm just mildly to moderately disappointed. Especially since Diamond was the first version I completed. And I always choose Grass, except that one time in Black 2 when I chose Oshawott because...um, because Samurott. I see no need to further elaborate.

But! I will not complain! I wasn't fast enough, presumably because I was watching people play Mario. And prior to that, teaching someone how to do math. BUt that's not the point and this is getting kinda stupid...END POST.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 am

yeah....Samurott....nuff said.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:19 am

I believe there's a sufficient counter to that argument.

Fuckin'.

Swampert.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 am

and theres a sufficient counter to THAT argument

DIFFERENT.

GEN.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:16 am

Counter-Counter!

National Dex!
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:24 am

Counter-counter-counter!!

ERROR. ERROR. TOO MANY COUNTERS..... ERROR ERROR
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:31 am

Don't be a baby, Laharl can counter way more times than that before stopping.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 am

And since WHEN was I Laharl?

(whoever that is)
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Chapter 1: The Adventure Begins

It was just another ordinary day in Sinnoh, but for one young man the day would mark the start of a grand adventure. In the little town of Twinleaf a boy named Lucas sat in his room watching the news report that many were probably watching elsewhere. The report was about the search for an oddly colored Gyarados in a far-off lake. Unfortunately, this supposed Gyarados made no appearance for the team.

Turning the TV off, Lucas headed downstairs for some breakfast. As he got to the bottom of the stairs his mother greeted him, "Oh Lucas, Barry came calling for you a little while ago. I don't know what it was about, but he said it was an emergency." His mother then went back to watching her own TV set which was playing the Contest Digest. Lucas went into the kitchen and quickly made some toast which he then shoved in his mouth as he left running out of the house.

Toast hanging from his mouth as he got to the door, his mother called out to him, “Oh yes! Lucas. Don't go into the tall grass. Wild Pokémon might attack you. It would be OK if had your own Pokémon but you don't, so..."

Leaving the house Lucas walked the short distance over to Barry's house. As he went to knock on the door, Barry came rushing out crashing into him. "OUCH! Watch where you’re going Barry," Lucas said as his friend helped him up off the ground.

Barry exclaimed, "What was that about?! Oh, hey, Lucas! Hey! I'm going to the lake! You come too! And be quick about it! OK Lucas? I'm fining you %1 million if you're late!" As Barry ran off to the lake he stopped at the edge of his house and ran back to the door. Turning to Lucas he said, " Oh jeez! Forgot something!" and ran back into his house. Following his friend Lucas entered Barry's house as well.

Upon entering the house Lucas saw his friend's mom who appeared to have been watching Sinnoh Now. Approaching her, Lucas said, "Hello Mrs......"

Turning to Lucas, Barry's mom replied, " Oh hi, Lucas. Are you looking for Barry? He was gone for a second, but then he came running right back home. He just can't sit still, that boy. I wonder who he takes after?" Guessing that Barry must have gone upstairs Lucas headed up to look for his frantic friend. Lucas found his friend rummaging through his drawers talking to himself out loud, "...I'd better take my Bag and Journal, too..."

Realizing Lucas had entered the room Barry turned to him and said, " Oh, hey, Lucas! We're going to the lake! I'll be waiting on the road! It's a $10 million fine if you're late!" and then ran out again. Following suit Lucas left the house as well and headed for Route 201.

Upon entering the route, Lucas found Barry waiting still for a change, as he saw Lucas, Barry turned to his friend and said, “Hey you saw that news report that was on TV, right? You know 'Search for the Red GYARADOS! The mysterious appearance of the furious Pokémon in a lake' that show got me to thinking. I'll bet our local lake has a Pokémon like that in it too! So that's what we're gonna do. We'll go find a Pokémon like that!"

Letting Lucas lead the way the two boys were off to the lake. Glancing at the tall grass to the right, Lucas remembered the words of his mother from earlier. Sighing, wishing he had a Pokémon of his very own Lucas turned to the left and headed for the lake with Barry in tow. Along the way Barry kept up the excitement, or at least his excitement, as Lucas doubted they would find a red GYARADOS in their lake.

Arriving at the lake, spotting an old man and a young girl Barry asked "What's going on...?" The boys sat at the entrance of the lake watching the two. The young girl observing the lake said, " Professor, there isn't anything out of the ordinary on the other side, either!" Wait...did she say Professor? Is this old man....? Lucas wondered to himself as he watched the two.

Clasping his hands behind his back and twiddling his thumbs as if in deep thought the Professor replied, "Hmm... I may have been mistaken... Something appears to be different than it was before, but...Fine! It's enough that we have seen the lake." Turning to face the young girl, the professor said, "Dawn, we're leaving."

Turning to face the professor, Dawn asked, "Professor, how are enjoying being back in Sinnoh? After being away for four years, it must be exciting again?"

Scrunching his face up in thought the Professor replied, "...Hm. There is one thing I can say. There are many rare kinds of Pokémon in Sinnoh. The region should serve us very well in regard to our studies." Turning to leave the two approached the boys at the entrance, as they found themselves blocked from leaving, the Professor stated simply, “Excuse me. Let us pass, please."

Barry stepped letting the professor pass, as he left Dawn paused a moment and looked at the two boys, studying them for a moment she said, " I beg your pardon...We'll be on our way." Watching Dawn follow the professor out, Barry wondered aloud, "What was that about? Those two..."

Noticing something in the tall grass where the two had been standing, Barry exclaimed, "Huh? Lucas! Let's go check this out!"

Lucas looked at the tall grass then at his friend and said, "My mom told me not to go into the tall grass."

Barry looked at his friend and after a long pause said, "What's that? Don't go into the tall grass? No problem, no problem! We won't be in there long enough for a wild Pokémon to come out." Entering the tall grass the two boys reached the object where the two strangers had been standing, Barry looking at it, questioned, "It's...a briefcase? Those people forgot it here. What are we supposed to do with it? We can try to deliver it, but who were they? I heard them say professor..."

Lost in thought over the briefcase the two boys failed to notice the two wild Starly's swooping down on them from the trees. Turning their attention to the two Pokémon attacking them, Barry shouted out, Waaah! Po-Pokémon?! What's going on?!" As the Starly attacking Lucas tried to tackle him, Lucas dodged just in time to narrowly avoid it; the slight gust from the move however jostled the briefcase open. Barry glancing at the now open briefcase said to his friend, "Look! These are Poke Balls! Let's battle using these!"

Hesitantly Lucas reached out for a Poke Ball and picked it up...he wasn't sure he liked the idea of using a Pokémon that clearly belonged to someone else but he had no choice. Tossing the Poke Ball out towards the Starly attacking him, Lucas watched as a small Piplup emerged from the ball. Lucas exclaimed to the little penguin Pokémon, "Use Pound!" He watched as the Piplup then lifted a wing high in the air and brought it down hard on the Starly. The wild Starly responded by tackling the little penguin, however the Piplup barely moved an inch. "All right!" Lucas exclaimed, Pound that Starly again!" Lucas looked on at another exchange of blows between the two...yet the Piplup dodged the tackle this time. Looking at the Starly, Lucas good see it wouldn't last another hit... "Alright, now finish it with another Pound!" Lucas watched as the wild Starly fainted.

Stretching after his battle, Barry turned to his friend and said, "Fwaaah! Your Piplup totally rocked! But my Turtwig was way tougher than yours!...They were other people's Pokémon though...But we had to use them...They won't mind, will they?"

As the boys wondered over the dilemma, Dawn returned and lightly scooted Barry aside for a moment as she said aloud, "Oh There's the briefcase! The professor would have been furious if I'd lost it... " Looking at the two boys Dawn exclaimed, "Huh? Oh, no! Did you...Did you use the Pokémon in here?"

Lucas briefly explained to Dawn that they had no choice, and that they did in fact use the Pokémon in the briefcase. "You did?! O, my gosh! What's the professor going to say...?...This is so not good...I'll take this briefcase for now." Picking up the briefcase, Dawn hurried off again, leaving the two boys with the Pokémon they had used...

Barry watched her leave again and wondered, "What was that about? I don't know what's going on. Lucas, let’s get out of here. My Pokémon got hurt from that battle. If we get attacked by another Pokémon, we might be in trouble. The two boys quickly left the lake. Stopping along the Lakefront, Barry turned to Lucas and said, “You go ahead......I know we have to go return these Pokémon. They're not ours. But I want to spend just a little more time with this little guy..." Lucas looked at his friend and thought
It's not like I don't want to spend a little more time with this Piplup either, you know...

At the entrance to their little town of Twinleaf, the two boys found the two they had seen at the lake talking amongst them. As the old man turned to face the boys, Barry exclaimed, "Hey, It's those people! Is that old guy staring at us?"

Approaching the boys, the Professor eyed the boys up and down in thought saying, "Hmm...I heard from Dawn that you used our Pokémon? Let me see them, please." The two boys reluctantly handed over the two Poke Balls to the Professor. Examining the balls in each hand the Professor said, "Hmm...Piplup and Turtwig......Hmm...I see...That's how it is..."

As he handed the Poke Balls back to the boys. Turning to face Dawn, the Professor said, and “Dawn! I'm going back to my lab!" Watching him walk off Dawn wondered and said, "Um... Yes! Professor, please wait for me!" Turning back to the boys, Dawn added, "I think you should visit our lab later. Ok, see you!" She then ran off after the Professor.

Turning to his friend, Barry asked, "What was all that craziness about? I mean if he was angry, he could've just yelled at us, or whatever...And didn't he want their Pokémon back...? Lucas... We should go home, too..." Turning to leave Route 201 the boys headed to their respective homes.

Last edited by Malakili007 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:12 am; edited 7 times in total
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm in a hurry, so I don't have time to read through it proper, but I HAVE to say this: Please, PLEASE break it up a little more, Mala. It's not as bad of a thing as some people tend to do, but try to make it a little easier on the eyes, okay? I'll be back to read it through later and actually see how your adventure is going.

Also, Laharl is the protagonist of Disgaea. In his game, if you were hit, you would automatically counterattack is your Counter stat was high enough, and the other person could counterattack your counter, which would result in the message box saying stuff like this...

[Counter!]
[Counter-counter!]
[Counter-counter-counter!]
[Counter-counter-counter-counter!]

I thought Zeldaman was referencing that specifically, given his penchant for the second game.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

As far as Laharl...I was just pusing buttons to see if I could get a rise out of anyone Razz

It's about as broken up as the book I'm currently reading so your SOL there bub.

JK.

I thought I had it fairly broken up without creating awkward  pauses but if you see a place or two I can break it up more by all means send me a PM and I'll edit it later. (Your not the only one who has other things to do...)
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Now I'm curious, what book are you reading?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:07 pm

You really don't want to f'ing know...But it's called Gravity's Rainbow...full of 50 sentence paragraphs..very few linebreaks.....absolutely no CHAPTER BREAKS *headdesk*

P.S. the editing advice goes for anyone not just nebula...Now I need to take a shower before I continue writing chapter 2

<did some minor editing of my own real quick now on to that shower>
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:55 pm

I'd say that most, if not all, of those paragraphs with dialogue could be broken up into two or more smaller paragraphs. ...well, no, just most of them, but it'd make it a LOT easier on the eyes.

Like so:

It was just another ordinary day in Sinnoh, but for one young man the day would mark the start of a grand adventure. In the little town of Twinleaf a boy named Lucas sat in his room watching the news report that many were probably watching elsewhere. The report was about the search for an oddly colored Gyarados in a far-off lake. Unfortunately, this supposed Gyarados made no appearance for the team.

Turning the TV off, Lucas headed downstairs for some breakfast. As he got to the bottom of the stairs his mother greeted him, "Oh Lucas, Barry came calling for you a little while ago. I don't know what it was about, but he said it was an emergency." His mother then went back to watching her own TV set which was playing the Contest Digest. Lucas went into the kitchen and quickly made some toast which he then shoved in his mouth as he left running out of the house.

Toast hanging from his mouth as he got to the door, his mother called out to him, “Oh yes! Lucas. Don't go into the tall grass. Wild Pokémon might attack you. It would be OK if had your own Pokémon but you don't, so..."

But maybe that's just me.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Yeah, that generally is a rule, it's just writing as I'm playing, there are bound to be distractions or two.

Edit: Okay, adjusted for the general dialogue rule, with some exceptions. Now to proceed with chapter two.

P.S. I pretty much posted the rough draft of chapter 1 to avoid losing what I had written already as has happened to me in the past when doing something like this and had planned to edit it later..but now..I'm writing the actual chapters in Word, then copy pasting it here instead.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Looks a lot better. Still big, but now it feels approachable. I hope it goes well for ya. Thinking about doing an N-Locke for Crystal instead of my normal Nuz.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next