TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fate Gone Awry

+5
Namine
Whats_Up4444
Haar_Dragon
AKeybladeYouSay
NebulaGregarZX
9 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fate Gone Awry - Page 8 Empty Re: Fate Gone Awry

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:04 am

"It will not be easy. With only one man, it would be almost impossible to find them in the first place, and to destroy their castle... that would take more power than I could fathom." Adachi looked down at the floor. "...I am sorry, Disptach, but I do not believe you can defeat them alone. I would offer to help, but I cannot."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 am

As Kotank waited for the lift to arrive, he noticed Siks beginning to stir. Setting him down, Kotank knelt down as Siks opened eyes.

Once he fully regained consciousness, Siks gave a half-assed smile at Kotank. "Hey, buddy."

Kotank let out a small howl in response.

"I lost it again, didn't I?

Another howl.

"Did everyone make it out okay?"

Kotank was silent at first, before letting out a small whine.

Siks' face said it all. He was beyond upset. "No."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 am

Adachi stepped off the lift an knelt next to Siks, on the side opposite Kotank. "Are you alright, sir?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:20 am

"Yeah," he said, grabbing Kotank's paw as he pulled himself up. "You the guy who got us out of there?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am

Dispatch, on the other hand, collapsed to a sitting position and yelled, "DAMMIT! What the hell am I supposed to do?! Sh*t, I can't just let these bastards slide! F*CK!"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 am

"Don't worry, we'll get 'em," Siks assured him, "But we can't just rush into this blindly. Our first step should be to regroup and plan our next move. Any idea how we'll get a hold of all the remaining members?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:33 am

Adachi shot the Saiyan a glare for spouting obscenities right in front of his cousin, then turned back to Siks. "Well... I can't take credit for that. I wanted to help you all, but I wouldn't have been able to do it by myself. Whatever it was that struck their leader, you have it to thank."

"Remaining members? The others I saw? ...Wasn't your castle bombarded? Unless those who were there at the time got out of the blasting zone... All you have are the few people I saw, who scattered after they were freed. They may be in other worlds by now. Finding them may be impossible..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:45 am

"Then our next move is confirming that," he decided, "We need to find out who's alive, and get them back on board."

"I think I can help with that."

Smiling at the voice, Siks and Kotank turned around in time to catch a beam of light materialize a woman they both knew all too well.

"That's my girl."

They both walked up and embraced each other, each happy to see that the other was alive.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 am

Adachi took a step back and began to look around. Where are his comrades? They could not have all left by now...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 am

Dispatch was not easily tamed by words. He didn't want to bother regrouping. Everyone was gone. Anyone still at the castle had likely been exterminated. And anyone on their own? Please. No chance. He himself was about to die, and would have, if not for the Heartless saving him. He stared out over everything, and considered screaming again. But no...that wouldn't help either, and he didn't have anything left to scream. There was nothing left. Nothing and nobody.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Letting go of Susan, Siks asked, "Did you manage to find any of the others?"

Susan shook her head. "I waited as long as I could, but I didn't have a lot of time. If anyone got out, it wasn't on the ship."

"Then we need to confirm what happened to them. Or at least expand our ranks."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 am

Adachi scratched his head. "Pardon me for interrupting, but... would you like me to help you find your friends? I have to take Kyouko home, but I doubt Aunt Yami will be upset over me helping out some strangers..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:26 am

"Not at all," Siks replied, "We could use any help we can get, here."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:29 am

"Tch," said Dispatch. "Do you really think they're all still alive? For all we know, they're just as gone as Xeromus...as our castle. After seeing Xemnas...that's gotta be the only possibility." He turned to Siks. "Get it? There's a reason we were the only ones to find other members. We're the only other members!"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:34 am

"Well, then what's your brilliant plan, asshole?" Siks asked, not liking Dispatch's attitude. "Run at the Orginization guns blazing? We'd be dead in minutes. Susan got out. Who's to say she's the only one?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 am

The younger keyblade wielder crossed his arms, bowing his head. "This castle is a maze, and I do not think that your enemies, the 'Organization XIII', know all of its secrets. I can sense some recognition from them, but they're not exactly masters of the castle. I would be able to feel my blood run cold if their leader this 'Xemnas', left the place I found you all."

Adachi looked back up. "...I am almost certain that others have survived. You cannont write them all off so easily. They are your friends, are they not? Do you not have any faith in their ability to survive?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 am

"After what happened there? None at all." shot back Dispatch. "And I'm not being an asshole! I'm being honest! You saw what Xemnas did! How many of us could possibly have escaped? It's us. Us against them. And right now, our chances aren't looking good." His anger was fading, giving way to hopelessness. Adachi's statements about Xemnas had slammed him facefirst into the simple reality. They couldn't win. At the very least, not without a miracle. "And even if, by some universal blessing, we beat the first twelve members, what happens with Xemnas? What do we do about him? We die. Plain and simple. We lost this one. Everything, we just lost everything!"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:00 am

"Alright, that does it." Siks reached forward and pulled Dispatch up by the collar. "We are not through here. Take a look around: We're still alive. The fact that one person made it out, is reason enough for me to believe the others could have. And even if you're right, and we're the last of the group, then we find more. We recruit more members and get a lot more firepower. So that way, when we do go up against them, we'll be ready for them."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 am

Dispatch didn't flinch. He just glared at Number III. "I suggest you let go," he said, a clear threatening note in his voice. "And have you been listening? What did I just say? We met up because we're the only ones left. There's no reason to believe otherwise."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:58 am

Adachi looked at the floor, unable to find the right words. His thoughts drifted to the idea of Xemnas attacking his home world... could Master Yami and Master Ryuketsu fight him off? He was unsure... it was difficult to gauge things on such an impossible scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=QTsVGOBylLo

If it's impossible, will you give up?

Everything's over and nothing's left...

It's not a question of whether you can or can't,

But whether you will or won't, that's all.

"What...?"

It was dark. Not a speck of light was to be seen. The one who had been summoned to this place tried to look around, only to find that he could not will himself to move. He couldn't feel his body, he couldn't see... he was truly floating in oblivion. The only thing that was real to him was the voice.

You have fallen far. It is an accomplishment in itself to have met this fate, considering your lack of potential.

"Lack... of potential...?"

Yes, you foolish weakling. A single blow sent you flying into nothingness, and you didn't even realize it. All you saw was one flash of red, and you were gone. You never had the potential to become anything, but your strong will allowed you to become a Nobody when your heart was devoured. Since then, you regained it... only to find yourself steeped in darkness.

"...Yeah. I... I'm practically drowning in it... now... aheh... heh..."

...Do you have the courage to stand up? Fate itself has gone awry, and you do not have the time to rest here as you should. However... new options are open to you. Have you not considered ridding yourself of this darkness? It threatens to swallow you.

"That... that's what I said... afterall. I'll be glad... to get rid of the darkness... I never really liked it. It was... just... just a tool... for me to fight with."

Well, then... shall we begin?

He felt himself descending, his body regaining its sense of touch. Below, a circular shape came into sight. The being heard his feet touch the surface, and he began to stand. Three of his senses had returned to him.

So much to do, so little time... Take your time. Don't be afraid. The door is still shut, but it will not remain so forever. Now, step forward. Can you do it?

As he placed one foot in front of the other, three pedestals rose from the surface, each one bearing a weapon. A staff, a shield, and a sword.

Power that once eluded you now sleeps within you. If you give it form... it will give you strength. Choose well.

Stumbling forwards, he struggled to regain his balance. He made his way towards the sword, reaching out one hand and grasping the hilt.

The power of the warrior. Invincible courage. A sword of terrible destruction.

Is this the power you seek?

"Yes."

The sword disappeared into light, leaving him staring open-mouthed at the space it once occupied. Your path is set. Now, what will you give up in exchange?

Shaking his head, the figure stumbled over to the shield and reached for it.

The power of the guardian. Kindness to aid friends. A shield to repel all.

You give up this power?

Vehemently, he shook his head. "No... I would never give up... the power to protect..." Instead, he turned to the staff. He hobbled over, getting used to walking again.

The being of the dark reached for it, grasping the staff.

The power of the mystic. Inner strength. A staff of wonder and ruin.

You give up this power?

"I... I have no need to bring ruin or produce wonders."

The staff disappeared as the sword had, into the light.

You've chosen the power of the warrior. You've given up the power of the wizard. Is this the form you choose?

"...Yes. I accept this form."

The pedestals sank into the floor, which began to break apart and shatter at his feet. Eventually, he ran out of floor, dropping into the void once more.

However... he could see another circular platform, just like the one from before. He slowly fell down and landed on it, now steady on his feet.

You've gained the power to fight... unlike any power you have ever wielded before.

The sword appeared in his hand, casting light over his figure. He was now somewhat visible. He appeared to be a teenager, thin-built, but obviously strong. He swung the weapon a few times, getting used to the balance, and his own movement.

All right! You've got it. Use this power to protect yourself and others.

A group of shadows appeared from the ground, looking at the young man.

There will be even more times when you have to fight, as you did before. Keep your light burning strong.

He gave a weak smirk, as if he were trying to feign confidence. Bringing the sword down upon the nearest shadow, he was surprised by how easy it was to destroy. There was no difficulty to be found in destroying the remaining ones.

One had managed to sneak up behind him, however...

Behind you!

Spinning in place, the young man easily cleaved the small Heartless in half. However... darkness began to consume the floor he stood on. Standing still as it engulfed him, he did not struggle.

He fell onto another platform like the last two, but this one had a door. He walked up to it and pulled it open, stepping into the blinding light.

He came out in a white room, and three people wearing black coats stood there, looking at him.

Hold on. The door won't open just yet. You still have plenty of time. First, tell me about yourself.

"What are you so afraid of?" One of the people asked. He had brown, spiky hair, and... a tail?

The young man thought about it for a moment. "...Falling short, and letting everyone down."

"Letting people down? Is that really so scary?" The tailed person turned away, no longer responding to him.

The next one was a man with short, black hair. "What do you want out of life?"

Crossing his arms, he decided on his answer. "...I want to help people."

"Helping people, huh?" The man turned away, despondent.

Finally, the third figure, a man with long, spiky black hair, who spoke in a gravelly voice, asked his question. "What's most important to you?"

He didn't need long to think about this one. "...To make sure that the ones who destroyed so many lives... are brought to justice."

"Is serving them justice truly so important to you?"

You're afraid of letting people down. You want to help people. You want to bring your enemies to justice. Your adventure begins in the dead of night. The road will be long and difficult, but you will find the sunrise at the end of it.

"Sounds good..."

The day of the opening of the door is both far off and very near...

He found himself standing on the circle again. A stairway made of stained glass appeared before him, leading up to another platform like the one he stood on now. Did he truly want to ascend...?

Whatever he would find, he chose to pursue the path. Having finally gotten used to moving his body, he charged up the steps, entering the next station. The steps disappeared behind him.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.

He looked behind himself, seeing his own dark figure on the floor, now stretching out and growing. It began to rise from the floor, assuming a monstrous, humanoid shape. A Darkside.

But don't be afraid. And don't forget...

Summoning the dream sword, he faced the nightmarish creature head-on, refusing to back down. "If this is the only way to free myself of the darkness... so be it."

A giant fist rushed down at him, and he leapt on top of it, running up the length of the arm and sticking his blade into the behemoth Heartless's face. Slashing and cutting, he caused as much damage as he could before jumping over and landing behind it.

The Darkside fired a barrage of darkness attacks, all homing in on the small swordsman. He expertly dodged several of them, circling around to the front of the giant enemy. With all his strength, he jumped into the air, yelling, delivering the final blow to its face.

It staggered back, and he fell to the floor, his sword disappearing. The monster fell forwards, nearly squashing the young man. He was left sitting on the floor as is disappeared from under him, dropping him back into the darkness... it grabbed at him, trying to claim him once and for all.

But don't be afraid. You hold the mightiest weapon of all.

He couldn't resist the pull, with nothing to anchor him. The being was dragged into the pit, unable to save himself... glaring in defiance the whole time.

So don't forget: You are the one who shall protect the door.

A young man in a black coat bolted upright, gasping and panting, covered in cold sweat. He looked around... he appeared to be lying on gummi blocks. Malformed, distorted gummi blocks, but it was the same material. He saw two directions, two paths to take. One lead into a labyrinth of death from which he knew he would never escape. The other was just a few pieces of gummi floating in Interspace.

He stood up, facing the Lanes Between. Shaking the dizziness out, he looked out into the emptiness. "...Looks more inviting than my other option. Don't worry, everybody..."

"I, Rexial, have never been the kind of person to abandon his friends. I'll come as soon as I can."

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 pm

"You're jumping to conclusions," Siks argued, "The others don't know where we are. I barely know where we are. Susan tracked us down thanks to the emergency procedures in Kotank's ship. The others don't have that. We're the only ones here because no one else got brought here. And you're the one who's not listening. Even if we are the only ones left, we expand." It was then that he let Dispatch go.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm

"Expand? Okay, riddle me this. How? I hardly think we're gonna find a bunch of recruits just lying around the town!" Dispatch gestured to the elevator. "And we're at the entrance. Not that hard to find. Jump down, take elevator. That's why I'm confident we're all that's left. This place is easier to find than our homeworld, which, by the way, is now wasted. Along with anyone in it. Explain that away."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Adachi stepped back into the argument. "For the record, I would have been able to feel the destruction fo a whole world. At most, your castle is dust. And no attack that powerful and controlled so remotely could move fast enough to be unnoticed before it's too late. And for another, based on what I sensed back in that strange place you guys were in before, most of you got in by way of some method of instant transmission, teleportation, or shortcuts through the darkness."

"This place is a maze, and if I hadn't been forced to find my own way in, I wouldn't know that this way is the exit. It looks like a dead end, and logic follows that one would have to find their way down to the ground, or locate a port. Why come out to this ledge? It's the perfect place to knock people to their demise..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Ignoring the entire final part of the argument, Dispatch looked up. "Wait...then...that means everyone at the castle and on Asylum is still safe!" Never one for thinking, Dispatch hadn't thought of the attack's speed. With this news in mind, he smirked and cracked his knuckles, once again back to normal. "Awesome. Well, then, what are we waiting for? Who was actually at the castle? I couldn't see from where I was fighting."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 am

Adachi's body sagged. "...How should I know? I barely remember the people I saw earlier, I have no way of knowing anything about your other friend." He composed himself, thinking. "...Come to think of it, don't his attacks create a buzzing noise, as well? Ann attack massive enough to destroy a castle would make noise enough to wake the dead. I doubt that anyone in the castle would have been unable to hear it well in advance."

"Well, either way, we have to find the rest of your friends and escape. The other members of the enemy party are still here, minus the patch-eyed shooter. Their leader hasn't joined the pursuit, for some reason, so I'm willing to bet that you haven't lost many of your allies."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next