TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (OOC)

+15
khfreak358
Zeldaman2.0
PsychoticDoctor
lethalityComplex
ARanger
Malakili007
Maverick Entity
XGeass
Shadow۩witch
Eques tenebrarum
Whats_Up4444
13th
TwilightAeon13
Skazzasurf
AKeybladeYouSay
19 posters

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (OOC) - Page 32 Empty Re: Org. XIV (OOC)

Post  khfreak358 Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 pm

I've got a list of at least 40 people who want to kill you. Not because you were absent, something about a dead Gyarados.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:28 pm

What do you mean "a dead Gyarados?"
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:26 am

I don't know. Do you find yourself killing Pokemon in your spare time? Ya sick f*ck.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:55 pm

I thought we had established that it was me that did that because I was hungry...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 pm

What does a Gyarados taste like, fish or dragon?
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:29 pm

No, you said you needed it's blood for a shape shifting potion or something. So why did you have to frame Whats_Up? Is that another bizarre requirement for making it. Framing an innocent nincompoop?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:34 pm

It actually tastes kinda like alligator. But that's beside the point.

The other requirement for said potion was actually to sacrifice your ability to not bang your head against steel I-beams whenever they're around. So...every time there's an I-beam above me, I inevitably bang my head against it. Usually because I can't see it when I'm trying to stand up...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Org. XIV (OOC) - Page 32 Empty New Limit System

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 pm

I keep forgetting to post about this...

You remember the fight between Aleri and Lance? That was actually partially to demonstrate the new Limit/D-Link system we worked out.

You know how D-Links were complicated before, and some of us couldn't figure out how they worked, especially in relation to the story? Well, we've worked out a system for 'em!

The closer the relationship to the D-Linked character, the more ranks you will have in that link. Starting at 1 and maxing out at 3. In special cases, 4 is allowed.

Having only the first rank typically means that either the relationship isn't terribly strong, there's something about fighting and that person that really don't mix, or the characters' powers are rather incompatible. Having two ranks is about normal for any of the characters who fight together on any semi-regular basis. While having three ranks indicates a stronger bond, usually being between characters who actually hang out together often, or are battle-forged comrades. The fourth rank only occurs in special cases.

Each rank allows the character access to a new Limit attack with the linked character's elemental affinity and fighting style. For example, a link with Nathan would result in an aggressive and wild fire-based attack, while a link with Dispatch would result in a fierce melee attack, most likely.

What's to prevent things from getting out of control, you say, by having somebody make a D-Link with Lance and having their Limit turn them into Chaos himself to fight? Because you don't get to design your own Limits!

You heard me. You don't design your limits. These are powers you borrow from your friends, remember? The user whose character is having their power borrowed from is the one who designs your limits.

In the demonstration, you can see that Lance and Aleri both used three different Limits, each one rising in intensity. Lance was using Aleri's link, which resulted in flashy moves using a combination of magic and physical force. Aleri used Lance's link, which has more of a tilt towards brutal physical strikes and getting in close, with a few really big attacks. Admin designed the attacks Aleri used, while I designed the attacks Lance used.

So, this system makes it unlikely for anything stupid to happen, like if Aleri had a D-Link with Roland Kraus and pulled out absurd power whenever he wanted to, or if Nathan broke reality with somebody's link. Or just broke through some ridiculous barriers, like making fifth-tier fire spells. Bear in mind that, linking between your own characters, this restriction isn't a thing. Ergo, I will be sure to call you out if you try to exploit the system. I trust you guys not to do that, though. But if you do, I'll be pissed.

Now, the problem with this is that it means more work for EVERYONE. You have to determine what you link rank is for everyone, and everyone you link to has to make a Limit up for each of those ranks... so! I ask you to only make D-Links that you feel are important or make sense! Do not make links to EVERY character that you're friends with. Plus, having too many abilities can be cumbersome anyway.

Of course, there's no real restriction to how you use these that I have set. They all depend on how your own characters use their Limits. Whether you have them set as desperation attacks, or they're triggered by anger as your character takes hits, or if they're just flashy, expensive skills that aren't practical to use over and over in one battle, do whatever you like. But remember, we WILL call you on any bullsh*t you pull. These are supposed to be special, not your average attacks. You shouldn't be thinking whether to open the fight with a D-Link or a Firaga spell, and you most certainly shall not spam them!

That is all. If the Admin would care to add anything, he may now do so. ...Anything you'd like to say, man?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 pm

I feel like anything I have to say would be a redundancy. You've hit everything I had to say on it.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:49 am

Also! Since we apparently didn't plan anything much for the early-to-intermediate stretch of the story, I've thought up some early antagonists so get the ball rolling a little. Contact me if you want to involve your characters in this, or just be present when they are.

They are...

Hilda the Cold Heart!

Vlatka the Wicked Beast!

and Melia the Burning Soul!

...A trio of witches who dedicated their studies to a different elements of magic, letting them make advances in that element much faster at the cost of being unable to use other element. I don't have a whole lot planned for them to do, but I have their personalities fairly mapped out, and a vague idea of their abilities and motivations.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Well, I definitely need something for my group to do. Maybe one of them could visit Sensei's dojo...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Are you sure we should establish your new (in relation to the plot, anyway...) characters against new villains? I mean, if you need something to get the ball rolling, like having their home devoured or at least causing a stir, one of them could pay a visit, but I figure that we oughta be a little smart about planning how we encounter villains.

So, you think one of them should show up. You want them to just wreak general havoc? I mean, these witches aren't just a bunch of homicidal maniacs. Only one of them is a homicidal maniac. The other two are relatively tame most of the time.

Ugh... you know what? Maybe I'm being too strict about planning this. I shouldn't discuss this for a couple of weeks before doing it, I should just clear things up and do it! So let's figure out the necessary details and get this done.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Well, I'm mostly looking to establish them as...existing, at this point. And really, I just need a reason to have them start going places. Basically...I'm saying the story needs a plot and I'd very much like to be a part of it...I'd like their world to still be intact, actually.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:49 am

So, would you rather their dojo be burned down, or something? I doubt they would all leave and go on a revenge quest or get involved in the plot just because of a random incident. Unless, perhaps, the witch who visits them brings Heartless? Then they might have a reason to go out and learn what's going on.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 am

I prefer the idea of said witch bringing the Heartless, provided of course that they can do that. I think the whole "dojo burned down" thing is kinda...done to death. Hometown destroyed, out for revenge. Plus, I'm not entirely sure Sensei would survive that...But as far as bringing the Heartless, I can see that as much greater motivation, at least for some of them. And certainly more interesting than "I want revenge."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:38 am

Honestly, I could see one of them doing something completely innocuous, while still ending up attracting a horde of the Heartless. Like, one of them just sort of wandering the area when they see the dojo and choose to investigate. We could do that. Or the witch could be provoked into summoning backup.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:01 pm

...Y'know, with Tatsu being the idiotic lecher that he his, I could totally see that. Time is getting late on their world, and I was planning on sending Izanagi and Mi away, so the timing would be good for it as well...I can see this happening.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 am

Alright, and now comes the awkward part. Which one of us initiates this? Do I write them wandering in, or do you show something going on in the setting first? Personally, I think you should start, so that I don't give the impression that my antagonist(s) is(/are) just new characters. Establishing that the perspective belongs to your characters would help sell her as a villain.

...I also don't want to have to go back and re-read the couple of long posts you made just to re-acquaint myself with your new characters.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 am

I could do it, no problem. Considering nobody has actually left the area yet, I still have to set that up anyway.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:41 am

On your mark, then.

...Honestly, I've only got the basic idea behind the trio down - and artwork of them. So their appearances are fleshed out, but their personalities aren't all that deep as it stands. I have enough to work with, though, so it shouldn't hold me back. It just means that they won't have, like, a moment where they notice a wind chime, then have a flashback about how one killed their father, and how much they hate wind chimes. So I'm still working on the finer points, and they might evolve a little while I'm writing them. Now, I just need to think of which one would be most likely to wander into the dojo on a whim... probably Melia, and failing her, Hilda. Vlatka would have gone for the purpose of wrecking the place because she's kind of violent.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:47 am

And with Izanagi out being philosophical (totally the wrong word but I don't care), Mi mysteriously not there, and Ayame and Ai out in town, the only ones left are Tatsu, our potential trigger, and Haru, who is useless in combat. And Sensei, but he's a minor character, so we don't talk about him. It's go time!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Think your characters will resolve this on their own, Haar, or do you think somebody should step in and assist them? It would probably take off the pressure of having to figure out a way off-world. And I figure there's more than one way to deal with the black hole. If there's help, then they can take care of it without incident, or if somebody can actually fight Hilda and not suck, or somebody could jump INTO the hole. They'll have a fight on their hands, but they'll be able to take care of the problem and be ejected from it.

The thing is, Tatsu doesn't have much of a way to damage Heartless, and I forget if he knows anything that would damage them, like magic, or at least fire-based attacks. I'm leaving it open enough that you can either take care of it yourself, or wait for help.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Well, so far as I've seen, blunt objects don't do much to Heartless, so the only way Tatsu would have of damaging them is with Force Magic, ie Gravity, but...he's bad at it. And Izanagi probably wouldn't do too well, either, what with the whole fist-as-a-weapon thing. So...basically what I'm saying is that they're screwed unless they can learn how to attack the Heartless within the span of five minutes.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:32 am

So, then, I take it your characters would like some assistance. I got this.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:32 am

You think with all this spare time I have before fall courses start, I would be writing more. Kind of want Gunamnex and Roland to engage in fisticuffs for pure entertainment.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum