TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winds Blown Differently

+8
Zeldaman2.0
lethalityComplex
NebulaGregarZX
Malakili007
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
PsychoticDoctor
12 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Winds Blown Differently - Page 7 Empty Re: Winds Blown Differently

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 am

<...I hope you realize Nowi is attempting to bite Minato's face. As a dragon. I don't care who you are, you are not going to survive having a dragon chew on your face.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

<He's also now Abaddon who is a giant slime monster that's healed by all physical assault so... But, yeah, I forgot about that... Sorry.>
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Zero blocked the shot with Agni, though it almost knocked him flat on his back and used Trickster to chase Ven. He zipped around to his front and dashed forward, slashing at Ventus with his blades once he was in range. 'If I could just land a good shot on him, maybe i can start a mix up' He thought.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 am

Nowi took her chance and flew back, spitting a fireball at Minato, while Henry pulled out Flux and fired an orb of darkness at Ven.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 am

Skife got hit by his own Firaga blast, and found himself in the same old position of being stuck in the wall. The familiar sound of warning bells rang in his head to tell him he was beginning to run out of energy.

[Skife: current HP at 25%]

[Limit Break active: Spellspring (drops MP cost of all spells to 1 while Skife remains between 25% and 10% HP)]

He began to glow a iridescent blue colour, and began firing off spells of varying elements at the two, cycling through Firaga, Blizzaga, Waterga, Thundaga, Aeroga and Stonega, and varying it with a Dark spell every now and again.

Last edited by .//twisted.fate on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix'd)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:58 am

<...You do realize that's even more broken than the whatever other item was, right? You realize that he's practically unbeatable because of this, right? Blink+Reflect+Any Attack You Want=broken. And please don't give me the HP limitations thing. All he has to do is start slitting his wrists and suddenly, 25% health, unlimited magic, and instant death to all enemies. I'm gonna have to shut that down. Hardcore style.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 am

<It's actually a passive ability from FFXII, most bosses have it. And Skife doesn't know
Blink, so that shuts down your theory. I mean, if Ven or Minato decides to reflect a spell back at Skife, because he's cycling through magic, he's not going to have enough time to react, and that would drop him below 10%. Just to let you know, he can only use up to level 3 magic, i.e Firaga, etc. and that's excluding things like Death and most other status spells like that.>

<EDIT: BTW, he only gets stronger spells at under 10% HP. It may seem broken, but FFX had Three Stars, which does the same thing minus the HP limits. So, broken? I think not.>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 am

<No, Three Stars wasn't something you could just stock up on and use any time you damn well pleased, playing normally. Remember something in FFVIII called a Holy War? An item that makes you INVINCIBLE for the duration of a battle!? Yeah, and you only get three of them, and that's if you dismantle the Gilgamesh Card, and most people aren't willing to do that to such a rare card. And when a BOSS has an ability like that, it's reasonable, as they don't think to abuse it. It just removes some limitations that they probably face towards the end of a long battle. Haar's right, Gstol.>

<The sad thing about Doc's post is that I just told them to be careful about the timing. When I say "be carefeul about the timing", I mean "be careful not to post it at a bad time"! Gah.>

Rexial rolled out of the way as the giant fist pounded down on his previous location, missing Minato by a hair's breadth. "Aw, now that's just not playing fair!"

Aleri... had a but more trouble. He was in a bad position for escape, and was not nearly as quick as his friend. He had been grazed by the attack, and was now stumbling away to rethink his attack plan. "Urgh... we can't hurt him with mere swordplay."

"Then I'm out of ideas."

"Something changed within him before we struck... He would have been hurt by the attacks before the change. He can alter his resistances somehow... but I imagine that he cannot nullify everything at once."

"So, you're saying that if we try a simultaneous magical-physical attack... we'll be able to get past his weird, barrier-changing defense?"

"Maybe so. No such thing as an absolute defense exists, so there must be some way to break through. I can't get a read on his weakness, however... we'll have to make do with anything that lands."

"Gotcha."

Aleri cast Curaga on himself as he spoke, healing the wounds from the God's Hand attack. "...What terrifying power, calling down such an attack. However, he definitely sacrificed some vitality to use it. Nothing comes for free, no matter how powerful you are, hm? Now, here's the plan, Rexial..."

After a few seconds of conferring, the two rushed to face Minato again.

"Don't think that's going to work again!" Rexial yelled, Dream Sword flashing.

Aleri held TELOS on his shoulder. "We may not be the best, but we do learn a bit from our mistakes. I do not suppose that a skirt-chaser such as yourself could understand the idea of learning from a defeat..."

He planted the massive Keyblade into the ground. "...So allow his to teach you the meaning of defeat!"

"And I'm sorry my friend's giving you such a corny speech, but y'know, can't be helped." Rexial added. "What can I say? I guess he doesn't like blue hair."

[Aleri - Rexial Sync Rate: 152%]
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 am

<You get 60 Three Stars for unlocking Earth Eater at the Monster Arena, 60 for doing the Remiem chocobo thing with no poles and 5 chests, and you could have an infinite amount if you played Blitzball enough. In FFX, they don't fall from the sky, but they aren't an exceptionally rare item. And, as I said, it's not like Skife's going to use Ultima, a spell he doesn't even have access to, in his state. And the Holy War item was just something for people who didn't give two damns about Triple Triad, and only wanted the cards for refining into magic and items. You could also win them and steal them during the third and fourth battles with Seifer. *sigh* But, enough rambling, if it really bugs you, then consider it retconned. (I'm too lazy to fix the post ATM.)>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 am

<One of the reasons it's so annoyingly borken is that there is a difference between an RP and a video game. In fact, there are a lot of differences. Enough that a Game Breaker in a game is utterly useless in an RP, and something that may be acceptable in a game is a nuisance and plot-wrecker in an RP.

The other problem is that getting ANYTHING at no MP cost is just stupid in the context of a story. You spend energy to use magic! That's how it works. And it really grates on me twice as much, having seen Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood), where Equivalent Exchange was the basis for everything, and you COULD NOT GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING. In a video game, it's cool to be able to use an item or ability that drops the MP cost of something to zero, but in a narrative-driven area? It's terrible, and makes no real sense. It wouldn't be so bad if it dropped the cost to 1 MP each, as that is still a cost, just a trivial one.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 am

<I see your points, I'll change it to One MP Cost.>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am

<All the same, I'm still calling it broken. The example you gave for being "not broken" is way too specific. And there's a difference between getting THREE of an item in the entire game, and getting it as a Limit Break, which are unlimited. And his knowing Blink is irrelevant, you get my point. He can still buff his defense, cast Haste, Slow, Reflect, Shell, Protect, and any number of other buffs, all for 1 MP cost each? That's every buff you could want for any given boss fight, all costing a grand total that I can count on one hand. You sir, have missed the point.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 pm

<Well, I already gave him Protect amd Shell. I've scaled Skife down so much so that he only knows black magic, healing spells, Shell and Protect, which he already has on, and a couple of ailment spells (Poision, Blind, Bind)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:24 pm

<...Do you have any idea how much you can do with those? Henry's equivalent of a Limit Break is the Vengeance skill: Add half the damage taken to the power of your attack. Spoiler alert, that's what he's trying to do. Combine that with Ruin, high chance of doing triple damage, or Nosferatu, heal half the damage you deal to your opponent, and you have Henry's current strategy.

That is what a Limit Break should be, not "LOLOLOLOL MASSIVE POWER BOOST I OBLTRAT U NAO!!!">
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 pm

<Who said it was a massive power boost? One of the disadvantages of One MP Cost is decrease in spell power, unless you have MP Turbo, which he doesn't. And the three item thing was about Holy War from FFVIII, which was just absolutely broken, even by my standards. Again, Ven or Minato could just reflect a spell back at him and it'd be over. My point stands.>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 pm

<Okay, THAT makes more sense. That, I can let stand, as long as it's a pretty big decrease. I'm talking these LV3 magics being about as effective as LV2. I can't say as for anyone else, but I'd personally be okay with that.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 am

<Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding. I should've been clearer in my explanations.>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:10 am

<Eh. Don't worry too much about it, it's cleared up now.>
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:23 am

Wouldn't MP Turbo nullify the One MP effect? MP Turbo puts extra MP into spells to boost the power, but One MP reduces the cost to 1 while reducing the power. Wouldn't they cancel out? Or would it be a low cost, but have a less gimped power level?

The real problems are cleared up, I'm just curious about this part.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 am

<I had a great post. But, it got deleted... TWICE now. So, I'm going to sleep. and I'll post it tomorrow.>
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 am

<And Blake shall still be as sad and b1tchy as Tidus and Hope combined when you return. XD>

Blake shouted,"Why does this happen to me?! Can you explain that with your attempt at being deep?"
"Now you're just being a dick." Adalade said this as she went into THTNW. Blake put his head in his knees and sobbed some more.

<I really wanna do Nebula's idea... And I think I know someone who could completley shrug off an Almighty attack...lol.>
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 am

<Unless that person is Igor, I call bull****. Or Philemon. Maybe Margaret, Elizabeth, and Theodore, too.>
<I'm gonna have to defend Tidus on this one, man. Hope, too. Hope gets over it, Tidus gets over it and willingly sacrifices his existence, AND kills his father after he learns that he really did care. In both cases, they got better. Hope really just needed somebody to blame for his mother's death, and Snow fit the bill. Hope got over it when Snow took massive damage to his innards shielding him from a long fall, AFTER Hope tried to kill him. And Tidus had an upbringing that really incouraged whining, and then he got thrown into a world full of monsters, without most of his modern conveniences. Imagine if you got thrown into the twelfth century; you'd lose the internet, electricity, the ability to understand the english language, and your freedom to make a number of choices. Yeah, I think Tidus was pretty justified, and I forgave his whininess relatively soon.>
<...Remind me again, which idea? The whole timing thing, or the give-Blake-a-body-made-of-darkness idea?>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 am

<The MP Turbo would cancel out the power decrease of One MP Cost, but the spell would still cost 1 MP>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 am

<Sen. Armstrong from MGR. He can shrug off attacks from a HF blade, take little to zero damage from LIGHTNING-CHARGED PUNCHED, and pick up absurdley heavy objects. He is also capable of breaking HF blades. And the body of darkness idea xD>
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:05 am

<He could maybe reflect a Megido... major emphasis on the maybe.>
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down