TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 30 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Maverick Entity Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 am

That, and they split the game up by saying "oh, players demanded something to play early"...
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 30 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:20 am

FUCK. FUCKING... FUCKING SONIC.

Lemme preface this: I just bought somewhere over ten or so games in the Sonic franchise off of Steam for about, oh, fifteen bucks. Not a bad deal... if they were anywhere near playable. My fucking GOD. Why are these games so BAD? It's like the developers were like "Duh, let's clone Mario, make it go fast, and spend like, oh, a few hours for beta testing? It'll be fine!" NO. FUCKING NO. Maybe I just suck at "fast" games, God knows (as well as all my friends) I can't play FPSes for shit, so maybe this applies too? Uh, not quite. I try Sonic 1: really fast, it's fine, but why does it feel like I need to do this by rote memorization? Oh, it's because I'm always directly in the middle of the screen with only room for split-second reactions. Well, whatever, I'll try Sonic CD. Baws music, but... what? Future? Past? The fuck? So I figure out (via achievement and accident mind you) that it's literally the Back to the Future travel method. Neat. ...what does this have to do with gameplay? Oh, I have to do things a certain way, on certain stages, with no ability to redo? Nope. Sonic Adventure 1. Been looking forward to this, friend hypes it up, and... god dammit. Either my computer is causing this, or it's the Steam version, but after every second, it has a slight "chug" to it where it seems to stop, and I had to look up a guide for the Mystic Ruins. Forget that the next level was bullshit, but whatever. I try Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I played this emulated on a few levels as Sonic and Shadow, and I should have known better since it was slower, but good fucking God is it just... Tails. Tails is all I'm gonna say. Because why have something fun and cute and playable? Nah, let's just make it a rails shooter with bullshit jumps and physics and glitchtastic deaths. I haven't even gotten to the bugs and glitch deaths yet. Sonic 06 was enjoyable, playable compared to these. Again, maybe it's Steam. Maybe I'm shitty. But if 06 was more "fun" than Sonic Adventures and the classic Genesis games, then... how did this survive? Is there anyone here who can really defend this? I mean, it has potential. It really does. But either I suck at the games (the older ones, which aren't so much bad as... confusing for me) or they suck (I keep falling through floors on the Adventure games).

TL;DR am I doing it wrong?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:37 am

...Dude, maybe I just turn a blind eye to the glitches - my brain is trained to expect any given game to screw up in some way, so I can pre-emptively act to prevent it from causing problems - but I never fell through the floor, I don't think. And I managed to fall through the floor once in KH3D. That was a weird experience. Thankfully, the game was programmed to recognize what was wrong and fix it by teleporting Sora to a fixed location, but I can say that I fell through the floor more times in the most recent Kingdom Hearts game than in Sonic Adventure.

But wait until you see the last level for Shadow. Those gravity-things are kinda bullsh*t. And by kinda, I mean a lot. Still, it's the kind of game where having a really good sense of rhythm, timing, and careful direction goes a long way. That, and accepting that it's a game, and I'm there to have fun, not try to speedrun that sh*t, helps me out. I can accept the bullsh*t KTOX Games in Mega Man Legends because I don't have to do them, ever, unless I want the prizes. Bums me out that I don't get to play around with the Shining Laser as a result, but hey, I've got the rest of the game to have fun with.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 am

Yeah, I'm not really in a position to rail on Sonic. It's not that I'm not good with fast-paced, I'm just fine with that. It's just the style of platformer, I guess. I can't play Mario or Sonic because I suck ass.
Donkey Kong Country, on the other hand...
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:19 am

NebulaGregarZX wrote:...Dude, maybe I just turn a blind eye to the glitches - my brain is trained to expect any given game to screw up in some way, so I can pre-emptively act to prevent it from causing problems - but I never fell through the floor, I don't think.

But wait until you see the last level for Shadow. Those gravity-things are kinda bullsh*t. And by kinda, I mean a lot. Still, it's the kind of game where having a really good sense of rhythm, timing, and careful direction goes a long way. That, and accepting that it's a game, and I'm there to have fun, not try to speedrun that sh*t, helps me out.
Part A: Try the first Sonic stage in Adventure 1: on one of the turns, I got stuck on the right part of the wall and fell through. I also fell through three times on Tails's Mission Street level, on the piston platforms.

Part B: They're totally bullshit, it only goes so far when it's WAY too fast, and fun goes so far when at the end they tell you "oh hey, you're being graded. Though we gave no prior indication, you fucked up bad!"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:43 pm

All I'm going to say on the matter, if no one minds, is that I played both Adventure games on my Gamecube and I really don't remember there being much problem with either of them. Perhaps Steam just had a porting disaster or something? Because honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:43 pm

I dunno, maybe Sonic just isn't your series. I've only played a couple of levels in SA2, but I had fun with them. Sonic 1...all I can say is Labyrinth Zone. F*ck that noise, I'm going home. Still, it's not like I've ever seen a Sonic game that was unplayable. Maybe it's just because you have the Steam version, but...honestly, I have no problems with the Sonic series. Except Labyrinth Zone. And Sonic Heroes, which just sucks as a game. I actually find '06 to be more playable than Heroes, but then again, I haven't been through the meat of '06 yet.

That said, I've never had any major problems with any of the games. There was Labyrinth Zone, Heroes, and Secret Rings, but aside from that, the worst experience I've had is when the Lightspeed Dash sent me across the row of rings rather than along it. And that was '06. The only time I've ever fallen through the floor, in anything, was KH Days, fighting Saïx. And that was more like "flying outside the wall" than falling through the floor.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Are we sharing falling through the floor stories now?

The Godfather video game for the PS2. Glitchy as all hell, but I loved it. The one safe place for you to be is the safehouse, so of course, that's where I fall through the floor and die in a sea of bright blue texture error.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:33 am

I'm gonna have to go with Haar and CotS and say that it may be the Steam version because I have SA 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast and all the other sonics in a mega collection on 360 and have had no issues whatsoever.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 am

Shifting to a game I've been playing a lot recently, how many of you guys have been playing Pokemon X/Y recently? I was thinking we could start a little trade circle.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:14 am

I don't have a 3ds yet. And the first game I'm getting for it is either that or MH3U.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:46 am

...I've been playing Pokémon X, but I haven't poked around enough to find out my Friend Code. Do you remember how to acquire one?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:57 am

Assuming it's the same in all of the games, I'd dick around a trade station, look for your "pal pad" or just... look it up if those fail.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:14 am

Actually, your friend code is universal to all games, it's registered to your system. On the Home menu, tap the face icon at the top of the screen and go through your setup. When you're done, it should be on the top screen. I think that's how it works.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:20 am

Yeah, friends are registered to the console itself and then games like Pokemon use the list to automatically connect you to those players you have registered.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 pm

So, for all yalls with 3DSes, Zelda: Four Swords is available for free in the eShop for the next three days.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:50 am

I feel like some of you may enjoy taking a look at this..

Front:

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 30 Tumblr_n2f26ck0W41qfezoro1_500

Back:

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 30 Tumblr_n2f26ck0W41qfezoro2_500

Persona....3DS.....that is all...
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Judging from the text on the back, this isn't coming to America. I hate everything right now.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Haar_Dragon wrote:Judging from the text on the back, this isn't coming to America. I hate everything right now.

Nothing new there honestly. Because there's plenty of Series Themed 3DSes and practically none of them come over here. Oh how I would have loved to own that Char Custom 3DS. But oh well.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Yeah...unfortunately it is Japan exclusive haar....which is why I currently hate everything as well.......

Now if you'll excuse me I need to work on a plan to move to japan before it does release....
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 am

You do that. I, meanwhile, will be applying for a credit card so that I can buy things from overseas. Though moving to Japan is my second choice.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 am

I do my best to avoid the situation in the first place by not getting too worked up over it. It's cool and all, but I'll be satisfied without it. When I was younger, I never thought I'd get my hands on anything more advanced than an N64. I think I can live with not getting a purely esthetic thing like that.

I mean, it would be kickass. It's the kind of thing that cements a guy as the king of badasses among his friends. But first of all, that means less over the internet, where it's more common to run into somebody who's gone to such lengths to get the item, and second, it's something I can live without, like having my characters at level 9999 in Disgaea. It's just too much of a hassle, so I won't bother trying, and I won't concern myself with it.

To put it bluntly, since it'd be really unlikely for me to get, I don't care. And I'm not going to care if anybody were to brag to me about it over the internet.

...Plus, it'd be slightly awkward to play OTHER games on a system that's designed after Persona Q.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 am

Speaking as someone whose 3DS is Zelda-themed...not really. The design is something you just kinda get used to after a little while, so once you've played a few different things on it, the theme not matching the game doesn't make much difference.

That said, while a Persona 3DS would be awesome, I do already have the aforementioned Zelda one, so I really don't need another. I didn't say that was the ONLY thing I'd buy from overseas...I've been watching/reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for the past few days, and would be admittedly more pleased than would be appropriate to own merchandise pertaining to said anime/manga...You should all watch/read it.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Now I don't really play FPS games but Sniper: Ghost Warrior is fun.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Yea...and I have my Pokemon X and Y 3DS....soo I really don't care all that much either....but some part of me was all "OOOOH pretty...Japan only awwww shucks guess im moving" Razz
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next