TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 16 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 pm

If you're looking for single-player games at all, Psychonauts is a must. It's a platforming game done by Tim Schafer and- wait, I shouldn't have to say more. oh, and it's only ten bucks on Steam. They've also got Sonic Adventure 1&2, if you like those, but they're trickier to play on a keyboard. There's both Portal games, too. Sorry, I'm not too big on online multiplayer, so my own selection is a bit weak in that regard.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 16 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I was never that fond of the Sonic games, to be honest.
The Sonic the Hedgehog RP was A LIE

But seriously.
I'm already going to get the Orange Box.
I never realized how goddamned CHEAP these games all are compared to console.
I'll check out Psychonauts, see if it fancies my tickle.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:52 pm

So in my first completion playthrough of Tales of the Abyss, I have finally reached a certain optional boss....and DEAR GOD.....help....me

Just look at these stats

Final Boss 2nd round (final)
HP : 152,000
Physical Attack : 914
Physical Defense: 850
Fonic(magic) Attack : 683
Fonic Defense(magic) : 780
Weakness : None
Resist : None

THIS BOSS!!!!
HP : 320,000
Physical Attack : 1314
Physical Defense: 1520
Fonic Attack : 853
Fonic Defense : 1280
Weakness : None
Resist : None
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm

It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm not a completionist...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm not typically either but this is my favorite game of all time at the moment and I want to experience all it has to offer....worst part is...for true completion I have to fight this boss on a higher difficulty with (likely) higher stats on a second playthrough (new game+)

Now excuse me while I attempt a second time ...first ended in slaughter...horrifying slaughter
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Higher difficulty adds a multiplier to enemy stats, and to your Grade. Unknown... has a multiplier of 4. Hard is just 1.5. There's a difficulty between the two, but I forget exactly what it's called.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:02 pm

given I have to the fight this boss in Unknown or Very Hard....I'd wager a guess your forgetting Very Hard
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:06 pm

O_O'

Geez...Welp, go use a pisston of Artes on the dude...that's all I got.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 pm

It's a chick actually but the message is received
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Dude, we got another TOPIC on that. I'm pissed that we won't get KH2.5, but at least there's an advantage to me never buying a PS3: I can just buy the PS3 games I want on PS4, while any previously obtained PS3 games won't work with PS4.

Now to just amass about $400 for the system and some extra for when I can get those games... but I want proof that I'm right before I jump into this. I don't want to skip the good PS3 games by accident.

EDIT: Neb's got'cha down, huh, Mala? *Snicker* This is going to make a lot less sense to everybody else...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 pm

*snicker* Clever sir....clever....and yes...second battle ive had to use half my supply of life bottles already and im down to 239986 HP on her

EDIT: ***** Time Stop.... time to try a new approach....removing Guy for Natalia... perhaps having a second healer/artes caster in favor of a more physical fighter will work in my favor...its going to be tough regardless

EDIT X2: So I ran through Eldrant for a small gald/grind run to get myself up to the 1 million gald required for a side quest and the only things I have left now for this playthrough are beating Neb, finish a sidequest after beating her, and final boss. But as I can tell you (and possibly Nebula) Neb is a B**ch to beat.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:45 pm

So! I'm thinking of getting Cave Story on Steam. I almost went through with it last night before deciding that it MIGHT just be my fatigue-induced lack of sanity doing the talking, and now I need a second opinion before going ahead and doing it. One of my concerns is the difficulty. I've heard it's BRUTAL towards the end. And the jump physics apparently trip up players of Mega Man games, which I happen to play a LOT of.

I dunno, what do you guy think of Cave Story?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Admin should give you a good idea, but honestly I dunno. I hear good things about it though.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 am

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

I finally have a purpose for my 3ds, and it is a grand adventure.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 am

Is SMT like Persona cuz I'm playing Devil Survivor. Just started!
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:50 am

Uh... aheheh...

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!

Shin Megami Tensei? Like Persona? Good luck! They've got similarities, from what I know, and Persona is a SPINOFF of SMT, but like HELL are they the same in terms of difficulty. Devil Survivor is tougher than Persona by a LOT, from what I hear, and Haar is the one to ask about it. Though, technically, DeSu isn't SMT, and neither is Persona. They tacked the SMT onto those to help 'em sell better over here. They dropped it for P4G and P4 Arena because it was already popular enough around the US.

Basically, welcome to hell, in more ways than one, Doc.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 am

It's the DS version... if there's any others...
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 am

PsychoticDoctor wrote:Is SMT like Persona cuz I'm playing Devil Survivor. Just started!

No, is it not. Persona is a but a mere branch from SMT and it's much lighter in comparison to the stuff SMT's got going on. Let me put it this way, if you like Persona, SMT might not be for you.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:56 am

I've played through SMT III: Nocturne once or twice. I'm pretty demented, but that is something else...
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Crem put it better than me, if a just a little bit vaguely. Yeah, Persona is probably the lightest, softest, and easiest out of all the SMT branches. DeSu is a step further into the demonic nature of everything, though it has more similarities to Persona 3 and 4 than the other SMT branches.

Basically, if you can handle Persona 1 and 2 (and the other Persona 2), you might be ready for DeSu, and only if you've got a good head for games like Fire Emblem. ...Ack, the problem with that description is that, chances are, you won't know what's so different about the older Persona games, or what Fire Emblem is. Or, the acronym DeSu might trip you up. I think it's the common abbreviation for Devil Survivor, though technically, that could apply to Devil Summoner.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Devil Survivor is not like Persona, no. Other than the concept, the gameplay is wildly different. Thematically, Persona seems to focus more on what's wrong with humanity, while DeSu is more in line with demons and angels and all that.

Playstyle-wise, while both have tactical elements, DeSu is much more tactically-centered. Persona is more RPG-style than DeSu, and while the latter has a ton of RPG elements, it still focuses much more on the strategy you use to take the level on. If you like Devil Survivor, then you might also want to check out Fire Emblem.

Also, there IS another version. Devil Survivor: Overclocked for 3DS.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 am

Similar? Yes, but at the same time, no. The only thing that's really the same between different SMT games (this includes Persona) is that they're RPGs and feature demons as allies and/or enemies.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:21 am

First, since I can't play this but all of you can, go play it, before I sic Roland on all of you.  He will be dressed like Hellsing's Anderson too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px-fLUCvoy0&feature=player_embedded

Second, been talking with a workmate about older Nintendo games, stuff like smash bros series and whatnot.  Right at the end of the shift, we suddenly bring up Harvest Moon.  I so want to get back into one, but I can never keep my will to play long enough to get through one, especially the last wii one, "Animal Parade".  The one I got through the most was "A Wonderful Life" and that was considered the shortest/worst one in the series.Sad 
There is just too many things going on at once at times, and also, DAMN YOU MINES!
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:25 am

And just WHAT gives you the impression that ALL of us can play that, sir?
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:38 am

Maverick, I dunno what to tell you, but unfortunately the only HM game I've had access to and didn't loathe was HM64. If you don't feel like coughing up forty or more bucks on Ebay for this gem, there's a ROM of it up on cool roms (and a matching emulator to boot). I hear it got a GBA "remake" (same area and similar concept, but at the same time vastly different) as well as a PS2 remake. It's the absolute best in my opinion, and I treasure it to this day. Simple, fun, and so addicting.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next