TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

+12
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
XGeass
Maverick Entity
Zeldaman2.0
Aesoth
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Malakili007
AKeybladeYouSay
16 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 23 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:37 am

Well, you have until a week from Tuesday to finish BBS. My runthroughs, depending on difficulty, ranged from twenty-seven to thirty-four hours, so...plenty of time. If you haven't finished by then, A) you haven't been playing enough, and B) yeah, finish it first, since it came out first and all. Plus, you kinda need the ending details to understand some of the stuff from the ending of KH3D.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short) - Page 23 Empty Re: Game Talk (I'm putting this extra little bit here because the original title was too short)

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 am

So my friend got KH 1.5...
HOLY SHIT.
HOOOOLY SHIT.
OMF
OMF
OMF
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 am

So, I've been watching an LP of Persona 4 Golden. I see why Zelda hates the Temperance S-Link so much.

Every time I see it I want MC to bang his head against the nearest hard object. And I want to go bang my head against the nearest hard object, AKA the headboard of my bed.

Then again, the one that botheres me most is the Drama Club Sun Arcana, but for a lot of the same reasons. Namely, both claim to be having problems and yet do nothing to try and solve them on their own...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am

I fuckin told y'all. But no one listens.

The P3 one is worse. And Drama is terrible. Which is why I don't feel so bad about MC getting Loli action in the Music club one XD

Of course, that's just me.

Also. The tracks of every dungeon until Void Quest? Why are they so TERRIBLE?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 am

Eh, who knows. To be fair, Yukiko's Castle has a nice piano section in its song, but aside from that, it's pretty subpar. Just like the other dungeon themes... except for Void Quest and the dungeons beyond it, well if you ask me.

Or wait... did they change the dungeon themes in P4G?
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:15 am

No, they reworked the colors and stuff. Like, Yukiko's castle is now black, white and gold with a red carpet as opposed to that dim red.

Also, I prefer the P3 Sun Arcana. It's still kinda stupid, but at least I'm capable of feeling bad for...I totally don't remember his name. I do feel bad for him at times. In the beginning not so much, but later on, yes. With Drama..."WAAAH, PITY ME!!!"

I don't want to say too much, but she could fix every damn one of her problems by just saying the words "I forgive you." Stupid selfish b*tch.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 am

No, I meant P3 Temperance.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:26 am

Oh, him? Yeah, he was kinda an idiot. And a weeaboo.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 am

...I dunno, I'm fine with Bebe. He's not terribly obnoxious; at least he tries to be nice, even if what he says is a strange blend of Japanese and a French accent. I suppose if that bothers you that much, I can see how you'd hate his S-Link. I agree about Yumi, though, the only good parts of her link were the beginning - when it was about DRAMA CLUB, which I personally like - and what she says in the ending if you maxed out her link, which ISN'T about her problems. Her problem is difficult to sympathize with... and it's grating, on top of that.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:05 am

Well, not just that, but the fact that he talks about how much he loves Japanese culture...and yet when looking for stuff to sew, he doesn't think of "kimono" and he doesn't know how to say "goodbye" in Japanese. That was the first word I ever learned in Japanese. In the third grade. And once again, can't stand up for himself.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:11 am

I think it's that he's not a b*tch about it the way Yumi is about her problems. Plus, I think "goodbye" is a bit more complicated in Japanese than you give it credit for. There are multiple options, and I think all of them are supposed to be correct... I get the feeling it has to do with honorifics.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:35 am

No, two of the options aren't Japanese; I specifically remember one of them is "Hasta la vista." Which is Spanish. Maybe in FemC that's what it is, but I looked up my personal choice afterward (Genki de ne) and it meant "Take care."

All I'm saying is that it bugs me because he's kinda dense and can't stand up for himself worth two sh*ts.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Okay, I need some advice regarding Tales of Vesperia. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Burst Arte tutorial. Mainly because, I can't for the life of me remember what an Arcane Arte is, or how to perform one. Yeah, I've been kind of on and off playing the game. If I could get a brief refresher on this, I'd really appreciate it.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 am

Having played Symphonia 2 and Abyss... can you not check your Artes in-battle by pausing? It should list them as Arcane or Base.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 am

Not in battle, but if it lists them, that should help. Thanks!
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 am

Transferring my preorder from LR to AC4.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 am

...It's just as beautiful as I thought it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvwQDF8WC7I

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 am

Oh man... did the Kickstarter for that end already?

Damn it, I forgot to throw money at it.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:26 pm

So after months of looking I finally found my PSP charger, so in addition to everything else I'm trying to do I can add on finishing BBS and thusly last night. One Down.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 am

Hey! Edgar! I found something interesting... maybe you've heard of Lunar? Well, there's this game, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, and I think it'd be interesting for you to have a look at it. There's an HCBailly LP on it, and it's kind of an interesting example of how a game can pull at your heartstrings and STILL be a fairly straightforward and even stereotypical story. And the combat system is a pretty good example of simple, yet tactical.

...I'd post a link to the LP, but I'm lazy, and it's easy to search. Besides, I would post it if you asked, but otherwise, I'm not willing to go to the effort.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 am

Well, since you gave me a personal shout out, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it. Post me a link to just the LP, and I'll take care of looking at the rest.

By the by, came into QUITE the windfall yesterday, may grab a new console/handheld after I buy my laptop... but I honestly don't know whether to get a PS3 and grab Scott Pilgrim, KH1.5, KH3, and some other titles, or go for a 3DS and get some games on there.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:59 am

...Hm, speaking of the 3DS, what are your thoughts on the new 2DS? You know, that thing with 3DS functionality, but without the actual 3D gimmick, and no hinge? And y'know, only $100?

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete LP Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxAvZozoXnE&list=PLeZSRkjynvkuCKiY4Z1lvCLwwxDmarJeA

The personal shout-out was because I thought it might be a learning experience, aside from just plain fun. I learned that you don't need a complex and unpredictable plot to engage people emotionally. I'll be curious to see what you might learn. ...If, of course, you have the spare time to watch it. I warn you, some of the episodes, especially towards the end, get rather long. Like, 26 minutes kind of long. Halfway through the finale, this is fixed, but still... it can be deceptively long-winded.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:01 am

...I may just be able to buy both of them now. I think I'll give all of it a gander...

...right as soon as I finish this flash game I'm playing. :PHave you seen the comic I put up?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 am

Y'know...the 3D can be turned off...

All the same, I'd still be leaning toward PS3, personally. I've got a bunch of games that are just itching to be played on it, but I'm too preoccupied with other games...mostly KH1.5, but others as well.

Also, 26 minutes is not a "long" episode. "Long" episodes are more along the lines of 40 minutes. 26 minutes is like watching an episode of something or other on TV. The longest I've seen is like two hours, but that was a stream from another site.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:17 am

...I have nothing against 3D. However, I would rather pay less for a system that doesn't have it but can still play stuff like KH3D and Tales of the Abyss. It's not worth the extra money, so this is actually a pretty simple DOWNGRADE in technical ability, accompanied by a massive price drop.

Ah, I meant in the context of LPs. they generally aren't that long... in my experience. HCBailly doesn't usually run over fifteen minutes, as longer videos tend to mess up the pacing if it's not a really plot-heavy episode. The only guy who didn't do that that I've seen was that dumbass who made full LPs of P3 and P4. Dumb, because he wasn't terribly informative, and made the game look really boring to watch. Fun to play, certainly, but his LP was just BORING. He couldn't keep a running commentary going, but let's be honest, Persona games would be hard to LP. It's not the kind of experience you can just watch, unless you've got an amazing LPer doing it, informing you, and keeping you entertained whenever the game isn't.

But I digress. Most of HCBailly's LP episodes aren't as long as any given episode of a TV show or Anime. They're something like ten-to-fifteen minute affairs.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next