TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermittent Years

2 posters

Go down

Intermittent Years Empty Intermittent Years

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I feel that it would be better to keep this organized; let's talk about what happens in between Organization XIV and One Sky, One Land, One Ocean in this topic. That way it'll be much easier to find all of that.

Now, we've established that at some point, Kuroyuki and Gunamnex are going to work together to bring the worlds back together. So take that knowledge and go from there. What will your characters do in this new, massive world?

Also of note is the fact that there is a massive chasm, which is where the worlds destroyed by X-Sigma were supposed to be. Asylum sits right at the edge of this chasm.

Now, go!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Intermittent Years Empty Re: Intermittent Years

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 pm

I thought I mentioned that X-Sigma hadn't actually destroyed any worlds. I noted that he theoretically could, but as I recall, he was sealed in the RoD until he escaped and came to Asylum.

Regardless, I think we should note whether anyone is actually still alive, or active in some way. Because...I know for a fact that none of mine are. After 200 years, Dispatch, Aaron, Daniel, and any of my other guys who aren't on my mind right now are definitely no longer around. So, does anyone else have a character who could feasibly be alive?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:51 pm

You used Kid Buu as an analogy, which I took to mean that he'd been making his way from world to world, blowing them up. And being able to destroy worlds in theory doesn't mean much, really. It's only urgent when you've seen the guy destroy a world. Show, don't tell. Didn't we talk about making the battle happen differently in the rewrite, maybe have him destroy a couple of worlds in the middle of the battle, forcing them to relocate the fight each time, ending up on Synthisle so Lance feels even more pressure to defeat him quickly? It makes him a much more serious threat.

Seriously, man, being theoretically capable of something big doesn't amount to nearly as much as demonstrating the capability. It also makes the timeskip more justified, since it makes that fight into a much bigger event. As it stands, let's be honest, it's kind of a weird place for it. Would you reconsider the idea of actually having X-Sigma destroy worlds?

And I don't mean 'where are your characters now'. I know almost all of them are dead. What they did after the story of Org.XIV finishes can have a pretty sizeable impact on the story of SLO. Remember, most of these people are absurdly powerful, often have heroic impulses, and some even have a reputation. People like that have influence, and we ought to consider how they would affect the future.

...As for characters who are still alive, there's already two of them: Rexial and Maya. Then there's Aleri's ghost.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:42 am

I understand all of the above, and wouldn't even remotely object to having him actually do it. I'm just saying that in the current version, he was in RoD, basically beating the crap out of Heartless for however many years, then came, beat the crap out of our characters, and then lost. So it didn't happen, it just could have, easily.

Yeah, I understood that you didn't mean "where are they now," but I still think that anyone surviving for that long would still be noteworthy. The only thing is, it's kinda hard to have an intermittent period between one time-frame and the next when the first time-frame hasn't been fully written-out. We can't very well have an "after the story of Org XIV finishes" when it hasn't finished.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 am

All of these are valid points.

Yeah... yeah. That's kind of a problem, I know. But there are people who wanted to write up a brief history of what happened in the time-between, and I wanted to provide a place to put that. And it's not like everybody has to do this; it's just that now it's here, so there's a place for it when somebody does want to write up what happened.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down