TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Back ;)

+5
PsychoticDoctor
Haar_Dragon
NebulaGregarZX
lethalityComplex
Robofloozy
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I'm Back ;) Empty I'm Back ;)

Post  Robofloozy Mon May 27, 2013 2:07 am

Time to kick this place back into action!
Role players assemble! pirat I'm Back ;) 2342113506
Robofloozy
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

I'm Back ;) Empty Re: I'm Back ;)

Post  lethalityComplex Mon May 27, 2013 2:23 am

*does a acrobatic f**king pirouette off the handle* hOnK Surprised)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon May 27, 2013 3:49 am

*Click*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgcfnT-2VDs

...Ready.

*Record scratch*

Wait a sec, my REM character doesn't even get to appear yet! Ah, man...!

I DID volunteer to be left out of the starting group. I mean, Magician is one of the earlier Arcana, but it's not like it's absolutely necessary to have it show up first. In fact, since usually the Magician seems to be that friend you meet on the first day of school, it could be rationalized by the fact that we haven't seen a single school day yet. It's not that he's being pushed forward (in terms of actual time); it's that the supernatural stuff is being introduced BEFORE him.

That makes me think critically of the fact that we didn't establish the school much before the dream world. Hrm, maybe not such a great idea, as that means that the school might take a bit more of a backseat. But, then, maybe what we saw of the school was enough...? Gah, I'm unable to do anything yet in REM, so I'm stuck with circular logic trains until things get moving. So, please hurry, everybody. I'll get motion sickness at this rate... DX
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Mon May 27, 2013 3:56 am

Seconded! *hOnK Surprised)*
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Well, let's be fair, does anyone play Persona solely for the school parts? I feel like those are supplementary to the actual exploration of Tartarus/Midnight Channel/wherever else. Don't get me wrong, I do like all of the characters...for the most part, and I definitely don't ignore them, but they tend to take a backseat anyway...the daytime portions are only really there for S-Links if you look at it objectively, and we already have most of the arcana with us already...

That reminds me, are we at any point going to get "True Personas?" Y'know, like Artemisia or Amaterasu or...just, y'know, the upgraded ones? Or are they just gonna be left as what we chose originally?

And as for Nebula's proposition, I would, but I'm locked out too!!! ...But then again, I'm the conductor of the circular logic train. Twisted Evil
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Robofloozy Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Haar, your playstyle in persona games is the polar opposite of mine. I live for the social links and dialogue, and fall in love with the characters, and the actual gameplay takes a backseat, with me usually doing the dungeons in persona 4 the first day you can access them, to get them out of the way. I always use to rush to the barriers in Persona 3 too...

Oh and yes we will each get three personas, going along the lines of your starting one, a new, more powerful one, and then a vastly improved version of your starter.
Robofloozy
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Alright, got it.

And it's not that I don't like the characters, like I said. I also generally rush as far as I can in P3, but the way I play P4 is this:

Rush as far as possible, usually up to the miniboss. That is Day 1.

Day 2. Rush again, typically up until right before the dungeon boss.

Day 3. Level grinding until I run out of SP. They're really cheap with the SP restoratives...fun.

Day 4. Fight the dungeon boss.

P3 I usually just beat a guardian every sitting. Bear in mind, I've maxed every S-link in P3 at least once, just never all in one playthrough...max S-linking the game is hard when you don't want to use a guide...which is why I've never been bothered by it, of course. I also can't be bothered to level-grind up to 90 when I can beat the final boss in the high 60s...

More on what I was originally planning to say before I got off on a tangent: I do enjoy the characters quite a lot (though I prefer them in P3 over P4...maybe that was my original point?), but I find that getting Ultimate Personas in each Arcana is a great reward for maxing the S-link, and it kinda overshadows the link itself sometimes. Especially with characters whose personalities I dislike. (Looking you right in the face, Tanaka!)

Maybe kh is right and I do prepare these in advance...Damn you subconsciousness!!! I will say right now that I certainly don't do that on purpose.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Robofloozy Mon May 27, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm actually doing two different playthroughs on P4, one on easy for the story and social links, and one on hard where I'll be level grinding and completing the compendium.
Also, I enjoy your rants/tangents.
BUT P4 FAR SURPASSES P3.
Robofloozy
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 27, 2013 10:54 pm

I disagree. While certain aspects of P4 are vastly improved from 3, such as the S-links with teammates actually doing something, I find that P3 is, in my opinion, a better game. The final boss of P4 seems to come from absolutely nowhere, whereas in P3, it's simply the mother of all Shadows in the human world...which makes perfect sense. The final boss of P4 leaves me confused on motivations, to be completely honest (So humans as a whole want nothing other than to be lied to and then killed...riiiiight.) and the atmosphere...I dunno, I just preferred P3 in that respect. And as a whole, I did like the cast of P3 better, although I can't fault P4 in terms of design, and P4A did bring in Labrys...and let me be completely honest, having played through...what was it, 71% of P4A? However much it was, seeing that has put Labrys up there in terms of my favorite characters from pretty much anything. Though Minato is up there as well, as is Isaac from Golden Sun, but that's unrelated. As in, completely.

Point being, I preferred P3 as a whole, and Tartarus gave me far more nightmares than the Midnight Channel. All in all, P4 is still a really great game, don't get me wrong, but I liked P3 better.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Robofloozy Mon May 27, 2013 11:15 pm

I'll agree that p3 was much more mature and dark, but it had a way simpler story line. It doesn't sound like you understood p4 very well. If you really pay attention, and put all the pieces together, p4's story added much more to the persona universe, as well as setting it up (with a LOT of help from arena) for Persona 5. I honestly like the characters in p4 wayyyyyyyy more then the ones from p3 (it helps that the main character has a personality, and isn't some already-set-up-for-greatness guy with absolutely no personality, but hopefully the movie changes that.). The p3 MC was given his power ten years prior, mostly out of being in the right place at the right time. The p4 MC had to gain his power by fighting for it, and he also had to make something of himself. I also like it how he has flaws and seems human, unlike the perfect example for a human being MC from 3.
Robofloozy
Robofloozy
Omega
Omega

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon May 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Once again, I beg to differ. I understood P4 just fine. It's the villain's logic that confuses me. So...they're giving humans what we want...by covering our world in fog, hiding the truth, and attempting to turn us all into Shadows, using some random pawns who just happened to wander randomly into town at the time? That seems...rather unlikely...

And on the matter of Minato vs Yu, I don't see how Minato was set up for greatness, or how he's the perfect example of a human being. Minato, in the beginning, seemed rather cold and distant, and maintains disrespectful options (Mutatsu comes to mind, if you're looking for specifics) throughout the entire game, stemming right from the beginning with his choices for talking to Junpei. "Who are you?" "What do you want?"

Personally, I preferred to see the evolution of Minato from "That guy who doesn't really give a damn" into
Spoiler:

Over Yu, who went from "This place is somewhat boring, but I can deal with it" to
Spoiler:

Plus, talking of their "True Personas" it's much easier to get Messaiah/Orpheus Telos/Thanatos (Reasoning is that he appeared originally by transforming from Orpheus) in P3 than it is to get Izanagi-no-Okami in P4.

And of course, the fact that Minato had the ability to befriend people like Tanaka, the self-serving businessman, or Nozomi, the weird cultist, while Yu gets people like "The basketball/soccer team" or "the drama club/self-esteem issues". So...I'm gonna have to disagree with you again.

Also, Ken and Shinjiro. And Koromaru. Where in P4 do you get to fight Shadows with an ALBINO PUPPY?! Plus, the way Junpei evolves his Persona is really cool. But still, ALBINO PUPPY!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue May 28, 2013 1:26 am

Actually, I think it's clear that the villains WERE wrong. They saw how humans say that sometimes, you're better off knowing, and decided to run with the concept, as they thought humans would be HAPPY if they took it to the extreme. They probably used examples of humans trying to find out the truth and being hurt by it as justification against any opposition. Plus, they're gods. They don't think the same as mortals, so either they're much wiser, have a number of loose screws, or most likely both. And they're probably bored.

And, Haar, I'm afraid I have to say that Yu didn't stand around letting his friends get sucked into a void. Izanami targetted HIM, it's just that his friends kept pushing him out of the way. If you'd been thrown several feet by a friend charging at you from the side, would you be able to react fast enough to pull them out? It takes about three seconds for them to be pulled down, in the game. And remember the knockdown mechanic; it's not like characters can always just get right back up after everything, in either game. I doubt it's the kind of attack you can easily evade, considering the hands reaching out of the void probably grab at you if you're not completely clear of them. You could only avoid it by running around constantly, and this is the middle of a BATTLE. If Izanami went and fired a Wrath of Yasogami while you were running like an idiot trying not to get hit with Thousand Curses, it would probably be an almost guaranteed kill.

Narukami tends to be a bit more believable in that he makes friends with more normal people. An elderly lady, a woman at the day care, some kid who he tutors... it's hard to relate to a guy who makes friends with a scumbag buisinessman, a drunkard monk, and a cultist.

However, that's just my two cents. I find this conversation to be fairly irrelevant to the previous point, which was...? The balance of Social Links vs. Fighting?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 am

I think instead of arguing about this, we should concentrate on getting this logic train back to going forward. Remember, stasis sucks bad. Sleep Sleep Sleep
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 am

Well, y'know what, I'm bored and the plot takes time to advance regardless, so it's not like we can just snap our fingers and it's the next day. As such, more of my side of the argument/debate/defending my viewpoint!

I...never had any trouble with Wrath of Yasogami...whatsoever. That was never once what got me. Actually...I took two attempts, and I can't remember what got me the first time. I'm pretty sure it was Ghastly Wail...On that note, I really hate Fear.

Anyway, point being, I understand that Yu makes more normal friends, but at the same time, not one person here can say they haven't made friends through the internet, and I highly doubt none of us has made friends with a teacher, or at least had one that they got along with better than others.

Also, in terms of Thousand Curses, I know he got shoved down, but when it's by the likes of Yukiko, I find it hard to believe he can't just stand back up. And besides, it's not like we see him struggle to get back up and try and fail to reach them in time. He gets knocked flat on his ass, then just kinda stares.

Although I don't think I made my point entirely clear on this one. Yu doesn't really lose anything in his fight. He throws his glasses to one side, upgrades his Persona because...um...writers. And yes, I know, the Social Links give Izanagi a huge power-up. But that still just didn't sit right with me, and I'm not sure why. On the flip side...
Spoiler:
And I understand that he's not entirely relatable in terms of his S-Links...hell, Igor even says so before giving him the Cipher's Mask, but here's the thing: He's the true Wild Card, and when he's given The Universe, it's implied that he never showed ANYONE his real thoughts. The reason I said he's more the distant type is that he always has that option to be rude and condescending, and describes Tanaka's tune as being obnoxious, while Yu finds it "infectiously cheery." I'm not saying Yu Narukami isn't more relatable than Minato Arisato, but I personally prefer Minato. Like I said, I prefer seeing someone advance from "I don't give a damn about you or anyone around you" into the I'm-sick-of-putting-up-spoiler-tags "The Universe, 'Nuff said." I prefer that over "Well...this is boring" becoming "So, humans are awesome."

And the topic at hand WAS Persona as a whole, specifically playstyles, but then switched when Robo said that P4 was a superior game. I have seen and acknowledge that most people agree. I personally do not. As I said, Albino Puppy. YOU STILL HAVE NOT REFUTED THE POWER OF THE ALBINO PUPPY! I could compare other characters with similar roles, too, if you want, but I'm gonna lay off that card for now, unless someone wants me to go on with it. Remember, this is all my personal opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong. That's why I start with "I disagree," rather than "No, you're wrong because"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 am

I know that, Haar, it's just that waiting - and we've been waiting for quite a while now, mind you - sucks. Yes, I understand that people have things to do IRL, but still...

Last edited by .//twisted.fate on Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling fail. *facepalm*)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue May 28, 2013 2:26 am

-cough- WBD and TITAL-/cough-
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue May 28, 2013 2:27 am

I can't do anything about either of those, dangit!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 am

You wanna replace Henry and Nowi? I could have Shegorath make them off themselves. BUUUUuut that would be cheap.
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue May 28, 2013 2:39 am

...What I said was that I didn't really have anything to do with them, so I was going to send them away. I did not in ANY capacity say that I want them dead.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 am

Ah..
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue May 28, 2013 2:47 am

Hey there, new guy again, don't mean to intrude and derail things further, but how is Shegorath in a KH RP? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue May 28, 2013 2:52 am

It's mainly a KH-Persona RP. I havent played Persona. I do love the OST though
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cremator of the Sky Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 am

I see. So it's basically a crossover RP with a focus on KH and Persona. Not going to lie, seeing Kazuya and Naoya in the cast made me consider Amane or Kaido... not that anyone would care or anything. And now to fade from this topic like intelligence faded from Microsoft's Xbox branch.
Cremator of the Sky
Cremator of the Sky
Omicron
Omicron

Location : The Ancient World that I have cremated and seeded with Metal.

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Tue May 28, 2013 3:35 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue May 28, 2013 3:36 am

We've referenced a lot of different franchises... I'm stuck with my plot arc in TITAL, and as for WBD, I'm waiting on someone to go into the training room...

@Cremator Laughing I'm Back ;) 3816551956 lol!

EDIT: Actually, for WBD, I'm waiting on Sora.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next