TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

+3
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
Whats_Up4444
7 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. - Page 4 Empty Re: One Sky, One Land, One Ocean.

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 am

Hm. It's too late to ask him for help now. He'd probably just tell me to hurry up and pass on at this point. Well, you'd best get to sleep. You've got a long journey ahead of you, and you'll need your rest.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Jonah smiled slightly.

Not to distrust you, but I will take my shift as it is. I prefer having one among the living on guard.

He can be trusted.

Maya? I thought you went to sleep for the night. How are you talking?

A soft giggle perforated Jonah's thoughts.

I don't sleep. I can only dream. But, Panic can do my dreaming for now. I wish to speak with an old friend if you'd allow it.

If you know him, I feel comfortable leaving you and Luigi to guard us.

Jonah closed his book and after a few moments of making himself comfortable fell asleep against the tree.

???... I never thought of you as the type to use such a silly alias.

<I'll edit this to include the proper name if Nebula doesn't care about the spirit's identity being shared. For now, I'll leave it hidden just in case.>
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 am

<I feel that it doesn't matter much, but I'd like it to at least be kept secret for a little while.>

I didn't want to take the chance that my name would be recognized. My legend is one that spreads far and wide, but not to many. And I thought it was funny.

...How long has it been, Maya? At least twenty years since the last time I visited the kingdom... Twenty-three years, I think. So you've decided to travel with them?

The phantom gave an earthy chuckle, his silhouette glowing faintly against the shadows of the forest.

Why, I almost feel superfluous. Perhaps you could keep it a secret from Jonah that I wasn't really with them all day? If I flaunt my power, it doesn't give them room to grow, and it's their era now. And if they know exactly how much strength this old specter has left, they'll most certainly ask awkward questions such as "why didn't you help us those times?" or "why don't you just handle things yourself?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Yes, it's been much too long friend. Will you be staying for long? I'm sure that Panic would love to talk to you again. She dreams of our old friends frequently. Though she was nowhere to be seen, Maya's smile could be felt.

And I assure you, I would like to see the descendants of Castle Willright grow into powerful fighters just as their ancestors have. Seeing them as they are now makes me recall old memories.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Well, I've got no plans. This is our first meeting in decades! Of course I won't be leaving any time soon. I do hope that your young charges won't mind being haunted for a while.

...Oh, and I haven't checked up on our cranky friend in even longer. I wonder how he's doing. Want to bet he's hanging in there out of spite for the very concept of death? It sounds like something he would do.

His tone became somewhat less jovial as he moved from gossip to business.

Say, do you know anything about this Keyblade situation? I've not caught wind of any new wielders in several years. It's a stark contrast to the early days, when there were keys to spare. I'm a supposed expert on them, and here I find myself rather stumped. If it was because of the worlds becoming one again, we'd have seen the effects after a single generation, and it's been several.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:02 pm

I was alway optimistic that the Keys only appear when Kingdom Hearts needs heroes. Though with the re-emergence of the heartless, the lack of proper weapons to handle them scares me. What if Kingdom Hearts has abandoned them? Abandoned us?
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 pm

It does seem like a bit of a problem... but I'm sure there are other ways to deal with Heartless. If anyone would know, it would be him, and there is no way he would have failed to notice their presence. I will let you know if I sense him anywhere nearby; he's probably setting out on a journey himself by now, and we're bound to cross paths, if our fates are still intertwined.

In the meantime, though, we'll just have to spread word of the Heartless to everyone we can. Radiant Garden should be informed as soon as possible, so they know to raise their defenses. Having at least one safe haven from them would set my heart at ease a little.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 pm

There are some many places that need warned. So many people to protect. These children may not be enough.

Below, Maya began to stir. Her form slowly coalescing from Jonah's shadow as she yawned quietly and stood up.

I won't be able to talk much longer. Panic is waking up. But, our minds are very much seperate anymore. Please speak with her and see how much she retained from our talk. I'll be dreaming for some time.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Well, alright, I'll do just that. Sweet dreams.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Maya stoked what was left of the small campfire. She huddled next to it and put out her hands in an attempt to feel heat in her ethereal form. When rewarded with failure, she frowned and hugged her own knees, "Maya misses warmth..."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:41 pm

The phantom sighed.

Me too, Maya. Me too...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:44 pm

The illusionist's will smiled widely, remaining by the fire, "It's been a long time since Maya has spoken to you..."

"You're just a spirit, yes? Most of Maya's friends are now."

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:00 pm

He smiled back a little, unable to help himself.

I'm a little bit more than your average spirit.

The fire regained some of its previous vigor.

Say, what do you make of this Keyblade situation and the Heartless? I've precious little information to go on.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Maya smiled at the renewed blaze, "Maya thinks the heartless are the same threat that they always were. Pests mostly."

She frowned momentarily, "The Keyblades disappearing confuses Maya though. She watched Lance's travel through his family for a very long time."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:01 pm

It is strange, yes. There are certainly candidates to wield them; I doubt that a lack of candidates could ever be the reason.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:46 am

Maya nodded confidently, "Certainly. They've even performed the ceremony. Maya watched. There should be keyblades."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:31 am

So they should have Keyblades. Hrm... is something actively blocking them? What could possibly keep the Keyblades from their wielders? Is it just that they do not bind themselves new wielders, or...?

He shook his head.

...A difficult question, to be sure. Finding a previous wielder who still draws breath could be a challenge, as well. For now, we'll just do what we can and hope leads turn up, alright? We need to warn any towns or cities we find about the Heartless, and make our way to Radiant Garden. It once held a reputation as a bastion of light and security, which housed the most brilliant minds of its generation. If they are aware of the Heartless already, then they may know something that we do not.

Haha... sorry if I'm being too direct about all this. I haven't been as diligent as I should about collecting information. Last time I visited my home was twenty years ago, when one of my descendants got married! For all I know, I've got a bunch of great-great-grandkids running around, giving people a hard time! I remember how my daughter inherited a lot of my strength. That made for an interesting childhood...

And now I've gone and reminisced about the past. My apologies for rambling, it's just been some time since I've held a conversation. This is the first small-talk I've made in years.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Maya gave a small, pained smile, "Maya doesn't mind... Maya wishes she had a little girl sometimes." She smiled softened as she thought about a possibility long lost to her, "Maybe then Maya wouldn't just be a ghost. Maybe she'd be remembered in other ways."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:18 am

An ephemeral hand rested on her shoulder.

Whatever it counts for, I remember you. I always will.

He gave a quiet sigh.

Familial love, eh...? I... no, wondering about it will only distract from the now. All that aside, I'll not leave your party until I must. Come, now, we've another journey ahead of us! It's something to look forward to.

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:24 am

-Meanwhile-

Zakk was in the process of loading up his equipment on to his boat. He made sure to keep his weapons concealed for the time being. Many of townsfolk new of his family's past pandora why he possessed them, but he felt it best not to alarm anyone. As far as they knew, Zakk was just taking a trip out of town to clear his head after the loss of his father.

"Zakk! Wait up!"

Zakk sighed inwardly at hearing that voice, though he couldn't help but smile to himself. Hear cw the one other person he couldn't fool.

Turning around, he was met with the sight of a girl, about a foot shorter than him, with shoulder-length black hair and clear blue eyes, coming his way. "Hey, Taki."

The girl stopped just in front of him. "I heard you were leaving," she said. "You're mom said you'd be gone for a while."

"Sure seems that way." he said with a small shrug.

"And you thought you could just take off without saying goodbye to your best friend?!" she punctuated that statement by punching Zakk in the arm. "Some friend you are."

"Oh, come on, Taki, you know I would have said something," he assured, rubbing his arm. Taki may have been small, but she had a mean left hook.

"When? After you were twenty miles out to sea?"

"Actually, I'd wait until at least thirty."

"Oh, bite me, you big jerk."

Zakk laughed at that. He loved getting under his friend's skin. But, after that died down, both their expressions turned somber.

"Do you think you'll be okay?" She asked, "From what I remember from your stories, these Heartless things sound tough."

"I think I can manage." Zakk reassured. "The rest of my mom's family is looking into it, and I'm sure there are others out there who are dealing with the problem."

"… Okay." Taki conceded, before the two of them shared an embrace.

"Keep an eye on my mom for me, will you?"

"No problem."

With that, Zakk climbed into the boat and shoved off, floating forward from the dock. "I'll be back!" he called out.

"You'd better!"

Once he was a safe distance away, he turned on the motor on his boat, moving toward his destination. He only had one good lead he could look into. And he had a sinking feeling that the garden was starting to look pretty hollow.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Maya's body prickled suddenly, "More thieves?"

The young woman stood up, the conversation had just moments before suddenly lost on her as the presence of danger alerted her.

The illusionist drew her knives, Pain and Panic glistened in the dappled moonlight, "I know you're there." Her personalities had traded place once again, "Show yourself and I might give you mercy."

A hooded man strode out from the cover of the brush, an arrow nocked on his bowstring, "Who are you, intruder? You're trespassing in Traverse Town. Open camps are not only illegal but dangerous in these woods."

Maya's brow furrowed, "Very well, you're a militiaman of Traverse Town then? I didn't realize we had traveled so far in one day."

"Travelers? Where do you hail from?" The militia man lowered his bow slowly.

"Synthisle. You'd think our nearest neighbor would recognize me... Guess I'm not as important as I thought."

The militia man took down his hood revealing a look of confusion, "You aren't part of the royalty... Wait, I recognize you now. Maya Ferox of the Twin Knives, Slayer of Assassins, Protector of the Crown." The man swallowed hard, remembering tales he'd heard of the insane spirit that guarded the Willright bloodline.

Maya bowed deeply and giggled, "You're too kind."

"My apologies. Then, I s-suppose your companions are...?" The militia man's dry mouth betrayed him as he stuttered slightly.

"Brenna Willright and Jonah Willright, daughter and son of King Willright." Maya's smile grew slightly wicked enjoying the fact that the man had not only heard of her, but was terrified of her.

"My gods..." He bowed deeply and kneeled, "I had no idea. My sincerest of apologies, caretaker."

Maya smiled politely, "You have no reason to bow before me, I hold no rank. In fact, I owe you an apology. An officer of the Traverse Town militia deserves much more respect." The illusionist spoke humbly from years of experience.

"Oh! Where are my manners? I am Kite Degan, commander of the Eastern Woods Guard." The man spoke with a hint of pride.

"A commander? Alone in a time like this?" Maya responded.

"With all due respect, Miss Ferox. I'm not exactly the type that can be snuck up on."

Maya nodded calmly, "I suppose, you were nearly upon us by the time I sensed you. But, with heartless about, stealth can only do so much good."

"H-heartless? We haven't seen heartless in years. Hell, my men aren't even trained to fight them anymore..."

A scream pierced the night.

In the distance, a heart floated up and was devoured by darkness.

"N-no. No!" Kite knocked his arrow again, he was about to set off into the trees when he turned to Maya, "My men... They aren't prepared for this. Please, Miss Ferox, can you help them?"

Maya's face darkened, "I'll wake up my companions. We'll do what we can. Gods be with you, Kite. I hope to see you again."

Kite set off at a sprint, a dim green light surrounding him as his Flowmotion activated and he launched himself above the ground, "Thank you, Maya of the Twin Knives."

Maya set about waking up her allies, putting out the fire so they could see in the dim light of early morning.

"???, do you think you could point us towards Kite's other troops? I don't have the scanning power to locate them." Maya asked kindly.

<Thought it might help to get the plot rolling, even if this is a little by the seat of my pants. There'll be five other militia men if "Luigi" has the ability to help them, Nebula>

<Other things of note: Maya has a last name, guys! And a couple of titles for her years of service in between Org. XIV and now. Maybe I should write something up that recaps what she did during that length of time.>

Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 am

<"Luigi": Oh, I've power to spare on this, worry you not.>

...I've found them. I will place lights above these places of battle to give the Heartless pause, and signal their locations to your companions. There are a few further away that you might not reach in time, however; leave them to me. I'll not gamble with any lives today.

There was a bizarre noise, a low pitch that quickly rose before vanishing.

My Haste spell should be strong enough to get them going before it wears off. It's hardly strong enough for them to notice, so don't bother explaining it to them.

...I don't suppose you need me saying it, but good luck.

The phantom vanished, lights flickering into view through the trees.

<I do like the idea that characters picked up additional titles through the years. And if Maya has been active this whole time, no doubt she has a good few.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:19 am

Brenna and Jonah had now gotten to their feet with the situation at hand explained by Maya. She told them that she would help one of the men and vanished into the woods with a flicker of metal trailing behind her.

Brenna turned to take chase after another of the tracing lights when Jonah grabbed her by the shoulder, "We should stick together." He suggested this calmly as he leafed through his lexicon preparing a set of Dark Blizzard spells.

Brenna shook free and ran to the treeline, "Splitting up will be faster. We need to help them now!" Then, her sword ignited with flames and she disappeared into the trees.

"Tch, typical. Don't get hurt, Brenna... Please." The young man slammed his tome shut as he ran off after one of the lights that Maya and Brenna hadn't chased.

-Meanwhile-

Kite bounded through the treetops with his Flowmotion magic keeping him airborne. A fine trail of lime green light trailed behind him, evidence of his motion magic at work.

"Please... Please let me make it there in time."

The young man burst through the brush and arrived at one of the marker lights. His first reaction was to fire a harmless flare at the ground in the center of the clearing.

The arrow illuminated the roughly triangular clearing and startled the heartless that had been poised to strike the ranger at its feet.

Taking the heartless' surprise as their chance to escape, the ranger scrambled away from the monster, "Kite! Thank the gods! What is this thing?"

The monkey-like heartless set its sights on a new target. The new target instead of the ranger was Kite himself. The archer grimaced, "This is a heartless. Get used to them. Where there's one, there's bound to be more."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl363Wh4ghU
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm

At the farthest light, the phantom reappeared before a set of the monkey-like Heartless, standing - floating? - between them and another of Kite's men.

Oh, so it's Powerwilds, hm? Best to deal with them while they're not too spread-out.

Holding up a pale hand, he cast a Blizzara spell, sending a blast of icicles ripping through them, hoping to catch them all and freeze them. With a snap, he followed up with a Fission Firaga, creating a fiery explosion in the center of the group.

With any luck, that will dispose of this group. A little overkill, perhaps, but it's best to be thorough in a case like this. There might be stragglers, though, so I should keep a wary eye out...

Sure enough, he saw one leap at him from the side. Immediately, the phantom blasted it with a Fira spell.

There might be more lurking around. That one was easy enough to deal with, but letting down my guard could result in getting this one- oh, that's right, I should probably say something to... actually, haven't I been thinking out loud this entire time? Probably already heard me...

He turned around to face the one he had just defended.

Are you alright?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 pm

"Watch out!" A burst of flame bowled over a Powerwild that had pinned one of the troops to the ground.

Scrambling up and away, the soldier found Brenna between him and the injured Heartless.

"Who are you? What is that?!" The man asked, tripping over a branch and falling.

"A heartless. Sorry that I can't tell you more, I don't know myself." Brenna's blade ignited as she stared down the creature, "How about we have a talk after we're in the clear?"

The troop nodded, drawing a crossbow shakily, "Yeah. I'll watch your back..."

Brenna rolled her eyes, "I don't know whether I should be thankful or creeped out by that..."

Then, the young woman lunged at the Powerwild.
----------------------

The young trooper leapt away from the blast of the Fission Firaga, "I-I'm alright... I've never seen such powerful magic before."

The guard's weapons, a pair of elbow blades, spun out elegantly and cut at another Powerwild that lunged at their torso but it did little more than infuriate the heartless, "Is magic how you fight them?" The guard narrowly dodged the monkey's slide tackle and punished the slide with an ball of wind which seemed to actually effect it, "That's a relief to know I can do /something/ about these things..."

----------------------

Jonah meanwhile was having trouble with a troop of Bouncywilds, his magic barely being able to keep up with the small group of four that wouldn't stop moving while defending himself and the unconscious guard that he had found.

"Focus, Jonah... Spells that can hit multiple targets..."

"Dark Thundara!"

Lightning crackled and struck three of the four heartless. The remaining one sprinted off into the woods in fear.

Jonah breathed a sigh of relief and shook the unconscious man, "Hey, you alright?"

A small voice laughed.

"Maya?" Jonah looked up in confusion, thinking that the spirit had left to help someone else.

"Hah, like I'd be anything like that relic." A feminine figure appeared from the treeline, dressed in mostly black with thin dark red lines spreading out over her coat geometrically. A deep red cowl covered her head, concealing her face in shadow, "I think you should be worrying about yourself first."
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next