TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (Issues)

4 posters

Go down

Org. XIV (Issues) Empty Org. XIV (Issues)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Alright, I've got some issues that I'd like to discuss with all of you.

First off, overpowered characters.

I think the majority of us are guilty of this. This was brought to my attention more percisely in the most recent battle. Lance became possessed by Chaos, something I had planned yes. But, not until the battle with X-Sigma so he'd have to deal with the side effects throughout and for some time after the major time skip. Instead, I was forced to use it as a Deus Ex Machina in a fight against a random villain not even one planned as a big bad. This shouldn't be happening. Also, the One Winged Angel of Kanra after an already drawn out battle. And Eira's skill such as summoning Seraph. And Kanra's ability to block and dodge just about EVERYTHING.

We don't this to make a good RP people. It's outlandish and idiotic. We're not accomplishing ANYTHING by just using power up after power up to get things done.

Second, godmodding.

I'm not tolerating it anymore. If I see writing that backs another OC into a corner to the point they have to be killed off... I'm guilty of this myself recently, as is XGeass and Namine. You can't just write that an attack automatically lands.

Note: Phrases like 'before they could react' or putting a weapon at point blank range so that dodging is impossible is also godmodding.

Third, deaths of characters

From now on, I don't want to see any deaths forced upon OCs when thier authors don't want it. If you plan on trying to kill another author's OC. Discuss it in the OOC thread FIRST. Then, compromises can be made and agreements can be reached without more OP attacks.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Org. XIV (Issues) Empty Re: Org. XIV (Issues)

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I noticed that too...although in a fight between Dispatch and Rexial...you need to expect something like that. They're two superpowers trying to knock each other unconscious. It's going to get up there in terms of power scale. But at the same time, there are no near-death scenarios because it's just a friendly sparring match. Strange given the power scale. And I'm just using this as an example.

All the same, I completely agree. If death is a factor, we're kinda going way too far. And villains can't really just pop out of nowhere and then NOT get owned. Hartz, for example? He got kinda righteously owned.

POINT BEING, I agree.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 pm

That's another issue... A villain who shows up out of nowhere can't expect to be taken seriously. I mean, look at a non-villain example: The Observers. They didn't show up out of nowhere, they just let the audience know they existed, but not the cast. That let us take them seriously when they DID appear. We knew they had some depth. Aleri was lampshading that the whole time, not taking him [Kanra] seriously.

What's funny is that some characters can be OP, but still work just fine without interfering with the story. Some people say mine are like that, but I forget exactly who... But I like that, when it can be pulled off well.

...Wait, I'm not guilty of Godmodding? What? I must be reading Admin's post wrong... There is no way I haven't done it recently.

Let's retcon Chaos coming out. Save it for later, as you planned. I'm sure XGeass doesn't want his character to die, just because he prompted Lance to use a power meant for somebody who kinda dwarfs everybody else.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 am

I think that whole Villain-from-nowhere-taken-seriously thing stems from a misconception people seem to have that sudden entrances are badass. They are not. They just make you look like you couldn't bother to write an introduction.

And yes, I made the same mistake with Hartz. But then I had to have him get his ass kicked, and promptly saved by captain Destroy-Everything
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am

That'll take a lot of work but we'll need some way for this to end fairly.

To the OOC topic
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XGeass Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 am

Ok i get what you are saying. But you are kinda over hyping Kanra. I and I had planed on ending this fight before the end of the day anyway.

Though looking back at it he does seem like I wrote him out to be god. This may just sound like an excuse but as for Knra's ability to dodge things comes from the fact he is meant to have high speed and the only thing I remember him blocking are Eira's Ice shards. Though all the same I see your point and will try and work on that.

And Nebula Kanra isn't really mean to be taken to seriously out side of a fight. For the most part I plain for him to be more a comic relief when he isn't trying to kill someone. And no I don't want Kanra to be killed just yet. Though if you mortally wound the guy that is just fine.
XGeass
XGeass
Seth, the Imago Tenebrarum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:10 am

You're apparently missing the point. Nobody can mortally wound him if he DODGES EVERYTHING. Apologies for yelling, but I'm too lazy to italicize. IN any case, I feel like I took him more seriously when he WASN'T fighting anyone.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  XGeass Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 am

But he didn't dodged the last attack. Hell I let that hit him becuase I noticed he was dodging everything. >_>
XGeass
XGeass

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 am

Which is why we need to discuss this OOC beforehand. So, it doesn't get to this point.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum