TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org.XIV: Recompleted - Discussion

+2
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
AKeybladeYouSay
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Org.XIV: Recompleted - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Org.XIV: Recompleted - Discussion

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 am

I'd like to note that there are NO required cups in KH1, since you technically don't have to seal OC at all, nor is the 100-Acre Wood required. It's all but stated, though, that sealing them is canon, so moot point, I guess. Still, aren't Phil and Pegasus required in order to unlock Hercules? Hades is definitely optional in that regard, but it's also pretty fun...if easy...freakin' Rock Titan, freakin' hidden boss not even worth the time to *mumble*

I generally explore most of the rooms anyway, either because of deceptive layout (paths that look like they should go to story doors are dead ends and force you to take a really long route) or because I'm looking for EXP/MP/Room of Rewards. Of course, the times would be roughly accurate if we say he spent two days on every world on average, again if we go by Days' time, but...I dunno. The CoM rooms are supposed to be based on Sora/Riku's memories, and I can't really speak for anyone else, but when I remember stuff, the irrelevant things (hallways between rooms, etc.) tend to get cut out, resulting in things taking way, way less time. Also, my brain isn't really processing the "impossible space" aspect that the castle seems to have going, but blehhh, whatever.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Org.XIV: Recompleted - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Org.XIV: Recompleted - Discussion

Post  khfreak358 Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 am

I don't think the passage of time is the real issue. I think what we should really consider is the method of recording it. Nebula, you mentioned that we need to establish what year the story begins at, but we really don't know how that sort of thing is kept track of. Most worlds seem to take place in very different points in time. I feel like, instead of focusing on the date, we should focus on events have transpired. Yes, obviously most of the events of the games didn't happen in this timeline, but that's only due to the absence of SRK. So where, in that timeline do we begin? If we want to go with making this a legitimately good story and not just something for the old crowd, I think a good idea would be to have this be around the time when Maleficent and co. started gathering the Princesses of Heart. The barriers between worlds have been broken down for some time now, the Heartless are a major threat and have already claimed several worlds, and a force that seems to be masterminding things is beginning to make their big move. Only this time their isn't a chosen one that arrives to save everything. Instead, the task falls upon a group of ragtags to join together and save the world.

But, that's just my pitch. I'm open to other suggestions.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Not trying to be pushy, and I hope I don't come off as such by speaking so often (I always have this page open on another tab), but anyway. IIRC, the story begins somewhere between the events of KH1 and CoM, or shortly after CoM, one of the two, in a universe where Sora never received the Keyblade and it was instead given to someone named Nori, details not really given. I definitely remember the opening post saying something about KH1's events all being completed by Nori, who eventually evolved into a total screw-up who only ever did his job halfway.

What I'm getting at is that during the time-frame in which Maleficent had been gathering the PoH, the official story was "KH1's timeline, but with that other guy." Now, we could retcon that and include the events of KH1 in the story, if we wanted to spend the extra effort, and I am not against that. Just felt the need to draw attention to that. In fact, I think it would be beneficial for the most part. The question then is, if it's our cast, why are they called Organization XIV?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5