TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (story)

+9
XGeass
khfreak358
Haar_Dragon
ARanger
Eques tenebrarum
lethalityComplex
Maverick Entity
AKeybladeYouSay
Whats_Up4444
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (story) - Page 11 Empty Re: Org. XIV (story)

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:23 am

Complying and nodding to Aleri, Jackie turned her head as the Light Corridor opened up before her. "Such a wondrous body of light... I could study it for ages and never tire of it!" Shaking her head, Jackie seemed to focus a bit more. "Right! Yes! Bravado and fights and taking me to the one in charge of your operation." Strolling boldly forward, Jackie didn't look back as she marched straight through the Corridor.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:35 am

Aleri scratched his head as he followed. "She's pretty spirited..."

"I like her! We should all hang out sometime."

Vita, Jackie, and Aleri all emerged from the corridor in the courtyard of the castle, facing the main gate.

"Right this way." Aleri lead them inside, up some stairs, down a couple of hallways, and eventually to the Round Room, where Xeromus sat on his high throne.

"Oh, good, you're here. We received intelligence about-"

"We already know about that." Vita interrupted. "What we're really for is Jackie!"

"Miss Jacqueline Roussieau expressed an interest in joining the organization. She's looking for a man by the name of Rai-Pierre Roussieau, her father, and she's uh... kind of pumped about the idea of how challenging this whole thing is gonna be."

"If you know about that, then I suppose I won't waste time briefing you. Now, miss Roussieau, do you plan on becoming a full-fledged member of this group?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:39 am

Jackie drew out her spear and flourished it, sending sparks trailing down the shaft and blade. "Yup! I know that I gotta challenge a senior member to get initiated... And I challenge you, Leader!"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 am

Xeromus just glared down at her for a few seconds before chuckling. It grew into a full-on laugh, echoing throughout the room. "You've got more guts than you would after a fight with me. I'm not exactly good at holding back, so I insist that you challenge somebody who won't kill you. If you can actually defeat one of my higher-ups, I'll consider a match with you. For instance, the ponytailed blockhead standing next to you. Beat the stuffing out of him."

"B... boss..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:02 am

Jackie bowed slightly to Xeromus. "I understand. And I will carry out that order to the best of my ability, sir." Straigtening up, she turns her spear on Aleri, getting into a lower stance, her breathing calm and sedated. "I won't beat you senseless, but I would like to leave a good impression. Well... maybe I'm getting too big for my britches. But backing down from what needs to be done has never been my way of doing things. I hope you understand."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 am

"L... let's at least do this in the training hall..." Aleri threw up his left hand in resignation.

"Agreed." The boss called down. "I'd rather you not mess up this room."

Vita tapped Jackie on the shoulder. "Here, I'll show you the way." She started back down the hall, waving for her to follow.

"Best of luck in your fight. Oh; and bear in mind, you may have to fight one of the other higher-ups. His name is Rexial, and he is the authority on combat around here. He'll want to know how you fight, but he seems to be absent at the moment."

Aleri glanced at the empty seat that Rexial often occupied. "Oh, yeah, that's gonna happen, isn't it...? We'd better get moving."

As they left, Xeromus muttered something to himself...

"...Just how were they informed of the incident in Olympus Coliseum...? They're strangely calm about it."

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:11 pm

"... - ... - ... -!"

An earth-rending howl bellowed from the shadow being, the dark mud pulsing as tendrils shot up from the blackened soil. Except that they weren't tendrils, Hercules realized immediately as he readied his sword and shield.

They were all weapons.

There was no way to run, no way to defend against an assault of that magnitude. Hercules's grip on his sword tightened as he took his only option - forward! Hercules flung himself into the fray without hesitation, barely deflecting the fired weapons as he made use of his immense strength to propel himself right at the being's front.

But once again, shields shimmered into existence around the being to form a barrier as Hercules swung his sword. Again and again, the shields held against his attacks as he danced around the weapons being fired from the black mud. A shadow flickered over Hercules and the demi-god glanced upwards in alarm as weapons rained down upon him.

But he was already leaping backwards, narrowly evading the weapons as they disappeared back into the bottomless black mud. "Urgh!" Hercules stumbled as he felt his footing loosen, his eyes widening in alarm as he realized what was happening: He was sinking. The mud tightened its grip on Hercules' legs, drawing him deeper into it as he could feel the being smirk.

Weapons blasted from the black mud as Hercules' body erupted in a dazzling golden glow. The symbol of his Godhood. Hercules felt himself radiate with power as he deflected the weapons with his bare hands, forcing himself upwards with sheer willpower as the being's smile faltered.

"I won't lose..." Hercules panted as he stood atop the black mud, the golden glow keeping him protected as he pointed his sword at the being threateningly. "I will defeat you!"

"..." The being almost seemed to sneer as it threw its head back, opening its mouth to reveal humanlike teeth as it gave another peal of mad laughter. The entire world seemed to tremble as the being suddenly lurched forward to slam it's hand downward on the black mud.

"!?" The winds seemed to scream in agony as the world reverberated, Hercules' eyes widening in shock as the earth seemed to rip itself apart. A torrent of black energy rippled, spiraling into the sky as the heavens itself seemed to splinter. "This guy... he's going to rip the planet apart!" Hercules gasped as he forced himself forward, he had to stop - "Gah!" Hercules felt his body jerk in shock, his eyes flickering down in disbelief as he saw something sharp and bloody protruding from his waist. Not just something, but some things.

The weapons pierced my aura? Hercules realized hazily as he felt himself stagger forward weakly. He had let his guard down, he thought dimly as he felt his vision blur. "D-damn it..." he gritted his teeth as he willed himself to stand. "Something like this..." he tore the weapon out of his wound with a growl. "Something like this won't stop me damnit!" he bellowed as he charged into the eye of the storm.

-Archer-

Archer paused as she looked up at the darkening skies, her crimson eyes narrowing as she felt a sense of foreboding tighten in her chest. Something was coming.

Turning, she headed straight for the nearest station. Something was about to happen and she had a feeling it was not something small.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Jackie let her spear rest on her shoulder and followed Aleri and Vita out. She smiled sheepishly as she walked alongside them. "Sorry about that... I, well... I didn't mean anything by that. I've always been one to follow orders, I guess."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 pm

"I'll get over it..." Aleri muttered. "...Well, my right arm's out of commission as of about an hour ago, so I'm afraid I'll have to ask you not to deliberately aim for it. I don't relish the idea of needing surgery on it."

The three of them walked through a couple of hallways before coming into a wide, open room, with bleachers and a marked arena. Aleri stepped in, summoning Broken Soul to his left hand and giving it a test swing.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Thalia nodded stoically, wrapping an organization cloak around her frame and pulling up the hood.

"Alright, let's get this over with, shall we, gentlemen?" Her gentle smile could be heard in her words as the Kingdom Star heeded its mistress' call appearing in a flash of light in Thalia's hand.

She took a step into the corridor and vanished into the inky blackness.

What Thalia was met with on the other side was nothing like she had expected. The corridor had opened onto a small mass of land that would barely take moments to cross, its jagged edges cutting off into thick, viscous blackness below.

Thalia gasped, appalled by the destruction. She held the Kingdom Star at the ready, wary of any threats, "What happened to the Coliseum?"
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:50 am

Necro followed suit, and was equally distraught, noticeable even with his helmet on.

"What could've done this?"

---

Before Aleri and Jackie's spar could begin, a floor-panel in the training room popped open, revealing a familiar brown fur-ball.

"Finally got that fixed," Kotank said, seemingly to himself, be fore noticing he was not alone in the room. The Wookie looked back and forth between the two comabatants a few times before looking to Vita. "Did I interrupt something?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:00 am

Vita shrugged. "Eh, just testing a potential new member. What were you fixing this time? Last week it was one of the projectors that got busted in another spar..."

Rexial was the last to emerge, a positively stormy look on his face. "...This isn't a Heartless attack. Something even stronger must be causing this. And whatever it is... I'm going to kill it."

He summoned his sword, rushing to the edge and looking around. "You two deal with any Heartless you see and help the survivors! The corridor will stay open, so you can use it to get them out if you have to!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 am

"Same as before." Kotank admitted sadly, "I still can't figure out how Siks and Rex wrecked the wiring so bad. I think I fixed it this time, though." Kotank pulled himself out of the floor and closed the hatch. "I will, however, refrain from testing it until after the spar. Don't want to risk zapping the newbie."

"Speaking of which, where are my manners?" He said as he approached Jackie and extended his paw. "Name's Kotank. Resident muscle-head slash mechanic."

---

"Do we even know where to start?" Necro asked, "Even if I did know this world well enough, look around. It's barely recognizable. I'm not even sure what part of the world we're in."
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:51 am

"Any suggestions, then, Necro?" The swordsman turned back towards them and tapped his foot. "I'd love to hear it if you have a better idea. That goes for you too, Thalia."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:05 am

Jackie blinked twice at the large fuzzball before snapping out of her light reverie. "Sorry, my manners aren't much better. Jacqueline Roussieau, formerly of the Cliffs of Mirth. And again, I apologize for staring, just, you mentioned mechanics, and I have a rather... ah... I'm, bluntly put, rather absorbed in finding out how things tick, so..." Jackie's initially eloquent speech keeps devolving until she's pressing her index fingers against each other and looking hopefully up at the Wookie.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:24 pm

"I say we stick together. Even if you do manage to find what did this, do you really think you can fight it on your own?" Necro questioned. "We move as a unit, find what did this, and rescue any survivors we find along the way."

---

Kotank chuckled slightly, "I'll show you my workshop later. Right now, I'd like to see Aleri get his butt kicked." He patted the newcomer on the arm, "Knock him dead, kid." With that, he walked over to the stands and sat down next to Vita.

"By the by," he whispered, "Where'd you manage to find this one?"
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Rexial sighed. "Pretty sure I can handle it on my own, but if you're so concerned, then fine. Now, where to go from here..."

"Whyyyyyy...?" Aleri groaned. I can't help but feel I'm somehow bringing this on myself. Maybe I've been complaining too much lately.

Vita whispered back. "Traverse Town. She was fighting some Heartless in the second district."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Jackie smiled and nodded before Kotank walked off. "Sorry, the big man said not to bruise him too badly. Beat the stuffing out of him, yes, but not 'knock him dead'." She playfully stuck her tongue out before getting into a ready pose opposite Aleri, slowly waving the tip of her spear back and forth. "Tap the tip with your sword when you're ready."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 pm

"I've been ready since I stepped into this arena. Attack me however you see fit."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:33 am

"Oooh. I like the sound of that," Jackie replied. She aimed a Thundara at the hilt of his sword before lightly springing away and moving to circle towards his off hand. A true fighter, her eyes never left his, and carefully observed his stance from the corners of her eyes. A faint smirk showed on her face as she slowly moved.

Last edited by Zeldaman2.0 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 am

He batted the spell away with his weapon, completely deflecting any harm and sending the Thundara at one of the walls. This motion, however, left his right side unguarded. His feet were within a foot and a half of each other.

"A second-tier Thunder spell. Not bad."

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Thalia nodded sagely, "I second Necro's plan. It may not be the most efficient plan but it is the safest."

She twirled the Kingdom Star in her hand, her fingers tracing worry circles around the blade.

"Whatever did this... I don't think it's anything like what we've faced before. Even X-Sigma." She clenched her fists, "Where are the Olympians?"
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Rexial opened his mouth to answer, only for a bizarre expression to cover his face. "...I don't know." He knelt, closing his eyes and focusing carefully... "...What the hell is going on here? Er, to clarify, why can't I sense things clearly? Whatever this thing is, it's messing with my perception. Hrm... I think there are signs of life in the courtyard of the coliseum, and... wait a sec, I can sense Herc!"

He stood up, kicking a piece of rubble into the miasma below. "Ugh, he's probably fighting it on his own! Just hang in there, we'll back you up soon..." Pointing in the direction he'd sensed life from, his eyes scanned for any details that would help them out. "...I think I see a toppled statue. One of the warriors from the courtyard, I'm guessing. Let's find a safe path over there, and quickly."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 am

Hercules clashed with the spiraling vortex with staggering force, generating a thunderous shockwave as he pierced the barrier that kept the shadow being housed within. His fists outstretched, Hercules prepared to swing his fist down at the shadow being to end it once and for all.

"RAH!"

"!?" Hercules' body jerked abruptly, suspended in midair as he struggled to break out of the bindings that now held him prisoner. But no matter how he struggled, he could not break the smoking black liquid chains that held all four limbs captive. "D-damn it..." This thing was stronger than even he was?

The shadow being turned, its head tilting towards him as it smiled again mockingly. A single sword emerged from the black mud, gleaming a deadly silver as a blackened hue covered its dazzling gleam. Hercules lifted his head, his eyes hardening as he glared at the Shadow being. He would not cower from death, if that was even possible.

He was mortal once and the thought of death...

Did not frighten him.

He only regretted not being able to say goodbye.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 am

The sword was deflected by another one, thrown from nearby.

"Excuse me, may I have your attention please? I'll have to ask you not to stab my friend. Now let him go before I start hacking you to pieces."

Rexial stood on a lower cliff, arm extended from his throw. The blade returns to his palm in a burst of dark mist, and he points it at the entity as he leaps up to where Hercules is. "Sorry I didn't get here sooner. I certainly wasn't expecting this... Can you tell me what you know?" He swung at one of the hero's bindings, seeing if he could cut through them.

<Sorry, couldn't resist this time.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next