TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zeldaman's Run of KH2FM!

+2
NebulaGregarZX
Zeldaman2.0
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zeldaman's Run of KH2FM! - Page 3 Empty Re: Zeldaman's Run of KH2FM!

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:40 pm

You were able to get Oathkeeper before fighting Demyx? I don't remember getting it until TWTNW.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Actually, I just got to the Pride Lands, which I want to finish before I head back to Twilight Town and pick up all the sweet new gear and such. Treasures ahoy! And Nobodies as well.

Yeah, I figure that's why you're such a pro at it: most games these days take me a bit to get accustomed to.

Demyx? Yeah, I've had bad experiences with him. Stupid sitar. It helps that Reflect is your friend here, and if you get a good pattern going he falls a bit easier.

Oh, the Decisive Pumpkin/Holy Pumpkin? I call it the Holy Pimpcane because of the Combo Boost you get from it. It brings even Sephy to his knees.

Proud does condition you to be a lot better. I consider Proud slightly harder than Critical at this point.

Yusei, yeah, you can. I think you get it on your second visit to Twilight Town, after the fight where you save Seifer.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Finished Pride Lands, going to TT to hopefully get Limit Form and then onto... Radiant Garden.

Update: I finished Twilight Town, and afterwards got Limit Form and saw a new cutscene: Saix shows up and tells his mission of telling Sora to defeat more Heartless and throwing his heart into confusion was a success. I'll elaborate more when I get back from seeing Star Trek again.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Saix was talking about Sora's confusion, and Xemnas steps in and elaborates: Sora's confusion will only cause hesitation, though in trying to deal with it, he will only further the Organization's plans. Saix then brings up a point about Axel, and Xemnas scorns Axel for caring about Roxas, though Axel doesn't have a heart. Xemnas then tells Saix to "give him something to pity". I dunno what this means.

So, apparently, Limit Form's Limits cost MP. A lot of it at that. Though he does get an increase in power from his abilities, you have to get the proper finisher for the command, which is done via reaction commands. It also costs four drive gauges, not three.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Kinda figures it'd be four.

Anyway, I have no reason to call you "senpai..."

Yeah, I started with 2 in the fifth grade, then played CoM, then got around to 1. And then beat them in 2 1 CoM order. Except CoM came way later. Have I mentioned I don't like CoM very much? Riku mode is still waiting on me...

And yeah, I hate Demyx too. Hardest boss in the game for me. Such a b*tch. The last time I beat him, it was probably my fifth attempt, and I was running off of nothing but rage. Those DAMNED water forms! He never depletes my HP, either, it's always the DAMNED FREAKING WATER FORMS. TEN SECONDS IS NOT ENOUGH WITH AN ARENA THAT SIZE, ASSHOLE!! Xigbar has beaten me. Xaldin has beaten me. But Demyx is the only one who has earned my "You're a douche" sticker of hatred, rage, and in general:

"When you go down, headfirst into the ground
I'll stand above you just to piss on your grave"

--Green Day.

Back on the subject of FM, I kinda already knew about the Christmas outfits. So, not really all that shocked. All that said, let me know how the following Org. Members go for you:

Demyx
Xigbar
Xaldin
Luxord.

...Maybe I should do a Proud Mode run, I really do need to get better. I still need to use a Mickey on the fight with Xaldin...it's kinda sad.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:00 am

Well, after you have all nine, drive gauge prerequisites don't matter much, except for Master and Final.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 am

Nine? There are nine in FM? Where are they/when do you get them? And I'm assuming that the last three are all hidden, so please correct me if the Sephiroth fight is the only one that you need to find.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:14 am

There's an extra one for Xaldin, Xemnas' final battle, and the LS.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks for the Drive advice, gstol. Have a cookie (::Smile. And to get you started on the fast track to success and happiness, let me advise you thusly: if you can beat Xaldin at least once on Proud without Mickey, you'll be good for Critical. I died twice against Oogie, but mostly due to HP and damage problems (Hi-Potions fixed that though). If you wanna beat Xaldin on Proud wihtout Mickey? Here's what you do:

-Max out High Jump and Aerial Dodge. Go to the Land of Dragons and enter the burned village. Go up the slope and kill all the Heartless there. Go to the summit and kill everything there too. Go back, and if Nobodies spawn, kill them as well. Once you've got both areas cleared, enter the Summit, and back once more to respawn the crates and fireworks and such. Drive into Master, and use Fire while facing the closer set. You should dash forward and ignite them. Run to the second set and use Fire when in range. Quickly pick up the orbs and head back to the Summit. Rinse and repeat until you're low on Drive, and then head back to the village and warp out of the world while still in Form. This will save you much time in refilling your Drive Gauge.

-Try to have any and all defensive abilities equipped.

-Use Beast's Limit, it tends to knock Xaldin out of his I-frames.

-If Xaldin uses his spinning lance attack, use reflect.

-If he uses his super tunnel of doom desperation move, High Jump and then Aerial Dodge over it. You'll need the max you can get on both at that current state to do it, but it's worth it.

-Be cautious. Conserve MP for Limits. Let Donald heal you if he can.

Currently in Space Paranoids. The chests look different: they're a light pinkish blue and stand out well.

Gonna practice Limit Form against the Thousand Heartless. Gawd... that Drive Form is kinda a ball-breaker to control.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 am

Actually, I have my own way of grinding Drive forms, though it is also in Land of Dragons, and it does take longer to get to. And I can't do it at the point in the game you're at. Basically this:

Land in the Emperor's room, go out into the Antechamber, fight as long as you can, leave, return, rinse, repeat.

Also, regarding Drive Bars, there are seven in the original. Six through story and one from Sephiroth. Are there nine or ten total in FM?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:33 am

Nine. I'm not sure what the Sephiroth fight gives this time around. Sorry...

And I'd just like to say... These Absent Silhouette fights? Harder than Xaldin, Xigbar, AND Sephiroth.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

No prob. Smile

On the subject of Limit Form though, it's got MP Haste and MP Rage, and equipping a Keyblade with MP Hastera or something will help.

And yes, MUCH harder.

EDIT: For Drive Gauges, you get one for
Beating Saix
Beating Terra
Beating Marluxia
Beating Final Xemnas
Beating Barbossa
Beating the Hostile Program

Beating Seph just gives Fenrir as normal.

Last edited by .//twisted.fate on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Drive Gauge info)
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 am

Unlocked the Cavern of Remembrance. Uses the Days Mission music (well, technically the other way around, but for those who were wondering... you know.) and a new theme for fights. Really, really strong enemies in there though. Not gonna mess with it for a while. Not until I get Final Form, anyway. On my way to Demyx. And I haven't even leveled up my forms! Hoo boy.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:01 am

Level the Forms first man! I didn't on my original Proud run, but you NEED at least Aerial Dodge and Quick Run. High Jump helps, and I'm not too sure on Dodge Roll.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:10 am

Hm. Actually, I was just leveling up my Drive Forms today on my most recent run. I was disappointed when I checked and found that it was Beginner Mode... but, uh, I'll cut to the chase. I used the cave outside the village in Land of the Dragons to grind up Wisdom, as it gave about 30 EXP (30 Heartless kills) per run, and it's pretty close to a save point. For Valor, I just used it in areas with bigger enemies that had beefier health bars, like in Beast's Castle after Hollow Bastion again. You know, around when you fight Xaldin. I kicked his ass, but probably only because, again, it was Beginner. Not very specific, but...

For Master Form, I went through Beast's Castle, just killing things in general. The statues tend to drop Drive Orbs.

...It was embarrassing when I realized that each form leveled up differently. Valor gets EXP for every hit it lands, Wisdom for every Heartless kill, Master for collecting Drive Orbs, and Final for killing Nobodies... I wonder, how does Limit Form level up? And if you get Dodge Roll, can you not equip it at the same time as Quick Run?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 am

I probably should have used LoD for Wisdom, but Timeless River is my go-to, seeing how it's right after when you get it.

You didn't know that? Well, read up, I guess. That's how I learned about all the different techniques and whatnot.

Limit Form gets one experience point for every successful Limit performed. With Oathkeeper, I can squeeze out about four Strike Raids before it runs out at it's lowest number of bars. And that's without Ethers. And supposedly, you can have both on, Quick Run requires a holding press, and Dodge Roll requires a simple quick press. There's also a lot of new Action abilities, which I'll go over once I get all abilities. Basically, if it's on my to-do list, I'm going to have a deluge of it when I beat this game. So I hope you guys are prepared for it. Might have that recording of my voice up tonight. No promises though.

All right. First person to reply decides what order I do my Forms in. Available are

Valor
Wisdom
Limit
Master.

Go!
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 am

Valor, then Master, then Wisdom, then Limit.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:11 am

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Here, have this:

https://youtu.be/NtwaLQJ68mk
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:04 am

YES. BEAT ZEXION'S SILHOUETTE. WHOO!

Valor form grinding is... ouch. It hurts my soul. But I'm close to completion. So close...

I can taste it. It tastes like... like pulled pork. And raspberry tea.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15 am

That's why, for Valor grinding, you use Sweet Memories, and KK in Naught's Skyway on TWTNW.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 am

So much for that. Oh well.

They took away my spawning carts in FM. Sonofa....

Oh well. Not gonna wait for the Gambler method, at least for now. Gonna just beat up Assault Riders. Whee.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 am

All but Limit done. I feel like Ragnarok is one of the better ones in terms of damage, as well as Ars Arcanum... but jeez are they hard to pull off.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am

For reduced MP consumption, use the Keyblade that has MP Haste.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 am

Kinda doesn't work when using any two of them depletes the whole bar. I'm using a new mushroom (Number V) to do Valor and Limit on. It's in Agrabah, and it's got stupid large amounts of health, and it regenerates all of it extremely quickly.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 am

I hear that's a good place to do that.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum