TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :(

3 posters

Go down

Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :( Empty Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :(

Post  Whats_Up4444 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:20 am

During a moving process I left it behind.

Now, tons of RP posts, RP plot notes, fan fiction chapters, character sheets (Explainukng their backstory and EVERYTHING they have done in the RP from start to current) and some important notes are gone.

Including a fanfiction I have never posted on the Internet EVER, and many plot lines and posts you have never seen. And these are (I checked before) 19,000+ characters long! And there MULTIPLE ones that go like this. The reason not being posted is because either not right timing, or posting an extremely long ending to a Roxas Fanfiction isn't really worth much without the character development and plot.

Now, I have to rewrite everything.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :( Empty Re: Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :(

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 am

...Okay, why would you count 19,000 characters? Also, why would you not keep such a device with you at all times?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :( Empty Re: Fuuuuu! That iPod with the 400+ notes I had is gone. :(

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 am

And why didn't you back it up when you noticed that the amount of perishable writings were substantial? I'd have kept a copy on a computer or thumb drive, myself... of anything that was completed, that is. Anything incomplete wouldn't have been copied, because then when I finish, I would have to update the backup copies, which would be a pain in the ass.

And, uh... 19000 characters? My version of Word automatically measures in words...

19000 / 4 (four-letter words on average)

~4750 words

And that's not accounting for any extra-long words, which would likely be used fairly often, to keep it eloquent and atmospheric... *Ahem* I mean, make it sound smart, like I just failed to do.

See, I'm working on a fanfiction myself - shocking, I know - but it spans such a long time that I'm writing a timeline before actually starting the writing. It's already at 3966 words, and it's not even halfway done! It's just a timeline!

So, basically, an incomplete timeline I have is roughly four-fifths the size of the document you lost. Either you meant that all of them, together, were that long, or that was the average size for the documents.

That means that it changes whether I say "Suck it up, you can rewrite it in less than a week" or "Oh, sh*t, man, I'm sorry for your loss". To be safe - rather than a d*ck - I'll stick to the latter, thank you. And while your wording was vague, you pretty strongly implied that it was the latter

...Also, Haar, I assume his device automatically counts the number of characters, as mine does with words.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:28 am

Sorry, that's me misinterpreting words. I read "I checked before" as "I counted one-by-one"

Which I would lose all interest in after realizing "Holy crap, that's a lot of letters!"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 am

Yeah, I posted it to check how many characters. >_>

Also, iPods can't backup without $40 for an update, and I already have a iPhone 4. So.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down