TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

+4
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
khfreak358
Whats_Up4444
8 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 11 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:03 am

I'd say something about BBS and KHI, but to be honest, it's an understandable thing to forget. It's not like we all particularly remember the individual world plots in KHI so much anyway.

Good idea. That way we get an isolated area to work with. I mean, considering that Treasure Planet is now Org.XIV canon to an extent, there's a civilization out there with flying ships and steampunk robots. Best that those stay out of the story for now...

Would it, though? I can imagine some of the worlds being in a sort of stasis with regards to technology, particularly the Land of Dragons, but... ah, whatever. You're probably right about this one. But since Radiant Garden houses the most brilliant minds, won't they be the absolute most advanced city in the known world? What kind of changes would that have on the city of light, do you think?

...Oh, you forgot Twilight Town. They have computers there. You only see the one in DiZ's mansion, but Pence knows how to operate it, and what a password is, so I doubt that they don't have some kind of networking technology.

As for Synthisle, didn't Lance push for making it a constitutional monarchy? I just figure, if would make some sense that they'd develop technology slower if they were less strict about progress, right? So they've got a pretty decent reason to remain relatively the same.

Asylum only developed as far as they did because they had to catch up in order to take on Org.XIII and keep the peace afterwards. Without that, they're probably not doing much of anything, so I'd expect them to stay the same.

...Does TWTNW still exist? I guess Xemnas never ripped it open and used it to fight, and the Division was there, so I guess. I think the city would be empty by now...

So, in conclusion, Radiant Garden is probably going to be one hell of a place, but everywhere else is going to be about the same. Hm.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 11 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:04 am

Admin, if I wasn't clear, I said that 'Luigi' was capable of dealing with Heartless. You didn't really leave an opening for him to assist, unless you meant for him to help Kite and the ones he's with...? Because it seemed like they had that covered.

Also, I wasn't expecting Vagrant of Love out of the blue like that. Interestingly plucky piece for the situation, since I'd pictured it as a little nightmarish.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:17 pm

There were five men still out in the woods so that leaves one for your man with Kite, Maya, Brenna, and Jonah dealing with the others.

And Love's Vagrant is a thing because of Kite specifically not the situation at hand. I really need to post a bio for him even if he only shows up for a while.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 pm

So, I got to thinking, and I think it might be more convenient for us to say that DI is located in the ocean near Atlantica. I say this because, well, I'm a little bit eager to really have Zakk interact with other characters, and that would be easier to do if he could just happen to pass through Traverse Town on his way to RG.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Actually, I had it situated in the other ocean, the one facing both England and Deep Jungle. Of course, England is just a couple of stops away from Radiant Garden anyway. So cross the ocean, then just hop on a train, then switch trains at Twilight Town, and he'll be there.

Sorry, I updated the map without posting it yet. It's just that it's kind of a hassle to get it posted and still have it be visible. I'll post it up now and explain my changes.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 11 Wip_wo13

I added green to the picture to show landscapes that were either forests or fields/plains/calm lands. The bright red - not the dull color in the background - indicates a wasteland. Purple is weird spaces like the void under Castle Oblivion and the World that Never Was.

The yellow lines are railways. Twilight Town has trains connecting the surrounding areas, so it's not too hard to get from one place to another in that particular region.

I still need to determine where Synthisle and Asylum are on the map, as well as Celestial Grounds and Tri-Star Town. Synthisle is probably to the north of Traverse Town, and Asylum would be pretty far from TWTNW.

Also, since X-Sigma destroyed some unknown number of worlds in his rampage before we met him, I was thinking that there might be a massive scar on the land where those worlds were supposed to be. I was thinking an X-shaped scar called Sigma Chasm, maybe to the south of the current map. Asylum might well be at the edge of the chasm for dramatic effect/symbolism.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Yeah, Synthisle should be north of Travese Town with a ring of forest surrounding it which is the Lost Wood. If we wanted, the Hundred Acre could be included in there because the forest is pretty disorienting without a guide of some sort.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 am

Oh, yeah, I got the map basically finished.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 11 Wip_wo12

You might have to save the image and open it to view the whole thing. So, any questions or concerns? Any ideas? ...Anyone who thinks they can actually draw it as a proper map?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:08 am

Like hell I can. I think it looks pretty solid, and I like the name "Sigma Chasm." The fact that it's X-shaped made me laugh a little bit, too.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:11 am

Okay, a couple of things. First off, things have gone a bit cold in this topic, probably due to lack of direction and how it hasn't really picked up yet. Secondly, I'll have to amend the map with any locations I forgot about. For instance, we didn't consider the worlds in the Realm of Sleep, and that realm's relationship with the physical worlds. And any worlds that are sunk into darkness will be back to normal, but any that were destroyed by X-Sigma's rampage will not appear.

See, with the story pacing thing, there's two different ways I've thought of going about it. One: we all write basically our own stories with our own little casts as they travel and learn about the conflict. That means there will be less interaction between users until characters meet up, but at least there won't be any 'I can't post yet because this is happening'. Or we could try and have our character mix and have them form parties that contain characters from multiple users, making interaction more central.

For instance, while planning ideas for the story, I initially planned as if the party would consist of a set group. The group would be comprised of Matsuda, Rokumasu (Redemi), Nobuhiro (Nobis), Aleri's ghost, and an unintroduced character named Rosaline. I'm still considering whether she should encounter my 'main party' and join them, or meet up with some other group. Which way do we think would work best? Maybe a mix of those? Because we seriously have just no momentum in this topic, and I feel like that could change if we got past the introductory phase.

Also, I kind of want to bring in the theme of how Light and Dark oppose each other using characters as direct examples to show how easy it would be for another Keyblade War to break out and destroy everything the heroes worked for if the Keyblades were to choose new masters. Because I feel like that's an interesting theme to have in a recompleted world.

So, to sum up...

-The map. Do we need to add any more locations? The map seems to be generally solid as-is, but I might have missed something.
-Do we want to write together in little bits, or alone in big chunks, or mix it up?
-Would it be a good idea to make the threat of a Keyblade War one of the themes?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:56 pm

I feel like the map is pretty much fine as-is. I mean...the Realm of Sleep didn't have much in it, really. There was Traverse Town, The Hunchback City (I don't remember the French name), some of the Datascape, Pinnocchio's town, and the Musketeers' city. Technically the Symphony place too, but that was pretty much inside Yen Sid's tower anyway, so eh. I don't really feel like we'd want to visit any of those places, but y'know, that's just me.

I think the threat of a Keyblade War should be there, but mostly mid- to late-game. Hell, I think it'd be alright to even say it was one of Xehanort's backup-backup-backup-backup-backup-backup-backup plans, and have seven Lights and thirteen Darknesses.

I feel like it's better to mix it up a little bit. Like, I'm not sure what I plan to do with the twins, but I do have an idea for a guy with an axe named Bertram, maybe have him be a Keyblade Wielder whose weapon left him. But regardless, I don't have any plans for a story with him, and the twins, as of currently, don't have any reason to be with any other group. But at the same time, if we're all just writing our own thing, A) it could get very lengthy very fast, and B) doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose just a little? I feel like there should at least be a few groups of us with our characters together, and if you have a character who doesn't have a reason to join a group, they should be more of an exception.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 am

Yeah, I'm with Haar on pretty much all of those points. I mean, I probably could write what I've got planned with Zakk solo, but I feel like the interaction with other characters will help break things up a bit and make things feel more natural for me. And, hell, I've got a pretty good setup for it, given that Zakk has the same destination as Halcyon's group, i.e. Radiant Garden.

As for the DDD worlds, there is an empty space on the map where we could probably fit Cite des Cloches and the Pinocchio world, but, like Haar said, I don't know how much story ideas we could really get out of those. The Grid, IIRC, was just meant to be the original version of ENCOM's computer system which Ansem later made a copy of, said copy being SP. As such, if it is still around, it's likely located within a computer, and as such doesn't really need to be on the map. And the Musketeer world... frankly, I'm still not sure I fully understand the connection between that world and Disney Castle and whether or not they're actually the same world at different points in time. Of course, most of DDD's plot confuses the hell out of me, and I try not to think about it too much, so I really don't know.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:30 am

That's fair. Though now I'm kind of curious about the current interest level in SLO. Since we no longer have What'sUp heading it, we don't have to adhere to any rules about not interrupting each other, since that forces everyone to stop and wait for other people to finish their stuff, slowing the whole process down.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:04 am

I'd be good to go if I could figure out what exactly my characters would do in it. Like I said...quite some time ago, I was uninvolved for so long that I totally forgot what my plan for the twins was, and I think the idea eventually ended up getting recycled for the Elementals in XIV anyway. Bonus points for them also being on hold, but I actually remember where it's going, so eh.

Either way, my point is I'm still into it, I just need to figure out what it is I'm doing.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:23 am

My reason for not posting is that I've hit a bit of a block. See, I know what I want Zakk to do when he gets to RG, and I've got quite a bit planned for RG itself and how things have developed there. The problem is, well, I'm not sure what I want him to do on the way there. Yeah, I've been wanting him to meet up Halcyon's group in TwT, but both them and Zakk have another town between them and there. I'm sure Halcyon's figured out something for TrT, but just what the hell is Zakk going to do in England? I'm a little stumped, is what I'm getting at here.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:02 am

Well, has Zakk left the islands before? Maybe have him just take in how different it is to be in a huge city, with only one major coast. See the sights, ramp up the danger that the Heartless present. That sound like it could work?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:40 pm

That... probably would work, actually. While this isn't his first time leaving the islands, or going to Radiant Garden, for that matter, it is his first time doing it on his own, and I could probably get a good character scene or two out of that. As a side note, there is something else I thought of while I was typing that last post, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. More on that whenever I go through with/scrap that idea.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11