TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

+4
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
khfreak358
Whats_Up4444
8 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Ok, so guys, I feel like before we can actually go forward, we need to make up a quick map that explains everything location wise if we haven't already and maybe develop a short recap of the history that happened between Org. XIV and now? What do you all think?

I mean, as much as I write from the seat of my pants a lot, I think having a genuine history would help a lot.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 10 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Like realizing I had given Maya a last name and it was just... bad. *shudder* I think I need to look through all my old bios for garbage ideas. Like Tundra X for example.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:05 am

I find that most of my bad ideas are generally ideas that don't always end up executed completely. Or things I make up as I go and it ends up being dumb.

Yeah, a map would be awesome. Something to give us an idea of where everyone is relative to each other at the moment and how long it should logically take to reach places, since our characters are travelling by foot.

As for the history itself, something of the between-time would be nice to have, but before that is...Org XIV. And before that is the standard KH timeline, sort of. Either way, I don't think it's quite necessary, but of course it would be good. Did we have a rough idea of when the Keyblades disappeared, or is it just "welp, we can't use 'em."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 am

Admin. Stop and look me in the eye for a sec.

"Aleri Kinsetsu", you preach. XD

The "Koriro" branch of the Dark Bloodline. "Rexial Masuta". Don't think you're the only one who sucks at last names. I recently - and covertly - changed Al and Rex's surname to "Gestalt".

I thought it was "Tundra X" because it was an unknown tundra, and just had a very technical name.

I believe the Keyblades started thinning out in the previous generation, and completely stopped showing up in the current one, so there may be one or two adults and some old people who still have them, but likely aren't trained properly enough to use them, or are too old to still fight.

I'm wondering if, maybe, this one could be the work of Xehanort. Maybe he decided that, since Org.XIV screwed his plans over so badly by staying outside of his manipulations, that what he needed to do was outlast the generation of freakish monsters, then find a way to thin out the Keyblades until nobody else would be able to oppose him. It would be kinda neat to let Xehanort have his comeback.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:05 am

Darkhold. I win.

A map would definitely be beneficial. Or at least a general idea of where the worlds line up and the distance between them. As for in-between events… I'm with Haar. It's helpful, but not entirely necessary. Though, I'm sure explaining what my plans are for Trent once I finally introduce him in Org. XIV could be beneficial as well.

Xehanort could definitely work. Though, I'm not sure how we'd get around him being alive after all these years. I feel like if he kept body jumping over 200 years, someone would have stopped him by now.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:48 am

I dunno, I could see him being around in some capacity. Especially when we consider that Nobodies either age very slowly or don't age at all. I mean, yeah, we did get rid of Xemnas and such, but there's nothing to say he couldn't still potentially possibly maybe somehow have a Nobody.

If we're talking about names here, most of my characters don't have last names. And the ones that do have dumb ones. Because I'm awful at names. I've used the same small handful of names (including but not limited to Cain and Abel, as well as Aaron) on at least two characters each. Naming is honestly the hardest part of making characters for me.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:30 am

Well, if we're going to make a map. We should probably generate a list of important places, maybe even create a few oceans and wilderness areas, etc?

As far as the history goes, we just need to make a few bullet points of big events that happened within the gap. However long that actually was...
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:30 am

Ah, but KH, you forget the disadvantage to screwing Xehanort's plans over by accident: the characters have no way to really learn what was going on. Even if they looked at records of what Xehanort did, they'd find that he was suspicious, and another guy with the same name was an amnesiac scientist under Ansem, and they'd probably learn from there that he'd become the Heartless that they had fought, who took Ansem's name. Everyone would probably think that was the extent of it, and they'd wrecked his plans, having had no experience with the bullsh*t chess-master that is Master Xehanort. Or they would not even bother looking that far into it, and assumed he was just some asshole from the previous generation that they wouldn't have to worry about.

So he probably sat back, realized "Holy sh*t, these guys are monsters. My plans are going to be destroyed too easily if these people happen to rampage into one of them, and manipulating them won't work, since they're required to talk and share information instead of letting their emotions constantly blind them to their better judgment" and decided to just jump bodies until the waters got smoother, maybe setting up some things for future plans, but being very careful not to get involved with them. And there's no precedent for body-switching in the story, unless you count that one possessor guy who I retconned out since he was pointless.

Yeah, mapping is going to be kind of hard. The best thing to do would be to figure out what locations need to be relatively located to what, then have one person figure out the rest, since trying to communicate about this kind of thing really didn't work well before. We can go off of the world maps in the games a bit, but they're more like guidelines.

For example: Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden is probably a fair distance from Traverse Town. Halloween Town, Agrabah, and Atlantica are consistently between those two, if we suppose that Traverse town would be in the south-west corner of the KHII world map. Perhaps Synthisle is further in that direction. Twilight Town is a short distance from Hollow Bastion, a bit further than most worlds are from one another, with nothing else between them. Disney Castle is even further away, slightly north; BUT, Disney Castle can be seen right next to Traverse Town on the KHI world map, thought it cannot be selected. And if Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion are far away from one another, but Disney Castle is basically right next to both, that makes no sense.

...See? Confusing. (I'll actually be really glad if I'm wrong, and you guys completely understand what I mean.) In this case, we have to decide for ourselves what makes sense, since the games aren't consistent. Disney Castle being next to Hollow Bastion makes a lot of sense, and there is some distance between them, so they're not awkwardly scrunched up.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was explained as "Well, they're worlds. Like, Planets. So they Orbit." In which case, we could do whatever we want.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 pm

...Orbit around what, exactly? We only ever see the sun when we're in the worlds, and stars are basically implied to be other worlds in the distance.

And that we can do what we want is the problem. We need a guideline or something! Some semblance of order while we figure this out. If some worlds have fixed positions relatively to each other, we can figure the rest out from there and just make things up. But if we've got nothing, then we start from scratch.

I'm thinking about cobbling together a makeshift map so we know where things are relative to each other while we figure things out. Y'know, so we have an illustration of what we know. Not exactly pretty, but it would be helpful, right?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:44 am

Well, when you think about it, when another planet gets close to Earth, it looks like a star (Mars has gotten pretty close a couple times in the last ten years, anyway), so I don't really see the problem there. Yes, I did just compare the KHverse to reality. So?

I don't even know what they'd orbit around. I just said it wouldn't surprise me. But it would explain the changing distance between, as a specific example, Disney Castle and Hollow Bastion, as well as the sudden appearance of Port Royal between Halloween town and Atlantica. And I understand that that's a bit of the problem, but what I'm trying to get at is that I'm not sure we really have restrictions aside from self-imposed ones, so as long as we keep internal continuity, I think we could just make it up as we go along.

The thing is, KH1 and 2 are the only ones whose world maps we can really use. I'm not sure BBS's "Lanes Between" could be used as an accurate measure when compared with the "interspace" from the numbered games. CoM has nothing, it's just Castle Oblivion. Days doesn't give us a map, we get a hub world and DCs. Coded takes place in a computer and doesn't give us a world map, and 3D takes place in the Realm of Sleep, so that's a no-go. One could make an argument for BBS, but even then, all we'd get is "Radiant Garden is kinda near CO, and Olympus Coliseum is kinda close to Neverland, which is far away from RG." Because beyond that, the worlds are new.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:36 am

We also have yet to take KH1's warp holes into consideration.

Actually, that might help. If you recall, in KH1, you unlock a Warp Hole near Traverse Town that leads to Hollow Bastion. You could infer that the warp holes just open up alternate pathways, rather than being, well, a warp. Maybe the Navigation gummis just enable the Gummi Ship to traverse those areas of interspace. With that in mind, note that the HB warp hole leads backwards, before letting out, which could imply that Traverse Town and Radiant Garden are relatively close to one another, with Disney Castle sandwiched between them. Which would imply that, if we were to have a 3-dimensional view of it, KH1's world map would just be one big circle, and that all the worlds added to KH2 had been destroyed, Twilight Town not withstanding. I mean, we knew that about most of them. The only one we didn't know about was Port Royal. It could also mean that Wonderland and Deep Jungle were just outside the barrier near Olympus in KH2. Meaning we now have a consistent proximity of all the worlds!

I really hope at least one of you guys understood that, because I'm not entirely sure I did.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:00 am

Ahhh, good point there, KH. And I get it for the most part. You just lost me a little when you brought it into the third dimension.

I'll work on a rough (REALLY rough) map of the worlds, and we can add locations to it and move things around as we figure things out, and decide on where everything should be. Once it's all solidified, somebody can draw up a proper map. If nobody else chooses to take up the task, I'll do it, but be forewarned, I've got little experience in mapmaking, so if anyone else thinks they can do better, please speak up.

Alright, I think I'll get started on it based on what we've discussed so far. And it's not going to be pretty, just sayin'.

By the way, about the Realm of Darkness... think it should just be an alternate version of the world? Existing in the same space, but in a different realm, being a dark-version of the normal world? I mused over the idea of making it a physical place, part of the normal world, but I think that got vetoed. The thing is, if that's the case, then Dark Corridors will have to change their function a little.

See, DCs allow you to take a shortcut through the Realm of Darkness, bypassing the barriers between worlds and the cold void of interspace. But if the RoD is in the same space as the world is, and it has the same dimensions, then you can't exactly use for a shortcut, and you won't go into space with it. Instead, you'd travel through the dark landscape, rather than the light one. However, isn't that useful in other ways? It would let you go right through any structure that only exists in one world.

Of course, who knows how many people still know how to use DCs, or that they even exist? It's probably an uncommon skill in the new era.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:55 am

I'd definitely say we should keep the RoD as a separate entity.

And, to be honest, I feel like worlds like Neverland and Halloween Town would be similar. Like they'd be different planes of existence. I'm mainly going off the original movies for this. I could see Wendy's home world being merged with the others, but Neverland itself I feel would still be separate, and in order to get there you'd have to do the whole, "third star to the right and straight on till morning" thing seen in the movie. As for Halloween Town and Christmas Town, I kinda like the idea that Holiday figures like Santa Claus and Jack Skellington exist in their own realms, though, I think we could get away with Christmas Town being this world's North Pole.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:07 am

Here, I've cobbled together something resembling a world map.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 10 Wip_wo10

I hope you can all tell what's what. The locations are arranged with the KHII world map as a sort of template. The colored areas are what sort of terrain I suppose those areas would have. Gray is mountainous, because I'm sure Pride Lands has some mountains around, Land of Dragons has you climb one such mountain, Beast's Castle seems like it's not far from a mountainous region, and Olympus Coliseum is on Mount Olympus.

The blue is ocean, since Port Royal sits on the shore, and Atlantica is in the middle of one. Deep Jungle is next to an ocean, which is made very apparent in Tarzan, if not KHI.

As for purple... well, uh, that's confusion. Hell if I know what kind of space Wonderland exists in, and TWTNW is in a weird void space. Dunno if we'll even have TWTNW in the completed world, and Wonderland is accessed through a hole in the ground.

And the yellow is desert. Because Agrabah.

EDIT: You ninja'd me.

Good idea. It'd be kinda lame if we couldn't travel to those places, though. Still, then we need to figure out how to get to them. Neverland you just explained, but Halloween Town and Christmas Town are trickier. Maybe the Hinterlands are a physical forest in the world, with the doors leading to different holiday towns?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:27 am

Hinterlands could definitely work.

Is the red area on the map just… we don't know yet?
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 am

It's a filler color on a layer behind everything else, so we're not staring at the gray-and-white checkered background that indicates 'empty space' in the program I'm using. It makes it easier to trim images, too. ...And if I posted it with those empty spaces, we'd probably see the dark gray of the post's background instead, which might be kind of weird.

So in short, yes. It's 'we don't know yet' space.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 am

Okay, here's what it looks like now. I cleaned up the worlds a little and added some.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 10 Wip_wo12

...Okay, it's a little cut-off, but you can see all the parts that have been changed.

Still have no idea where to put the Keyblade Graveyard, though, so it's hanging out in the upper-right. I put in "ENGLAND" where I figure it makes sense for it to be: across the ocean from Deep Jungle.

We still ought to figure out where to put Synthisle, Asylum, and Celestial Grounds/Tri-Star Town, since those are important places that several people are starting out from. Since Jonah and his sister started from there and are almost to Traverse Town, I figure that Synthisle is further north. Asylum is stated a few times to be a pretty far-away world, so it should be fairly isolated. For plot reasons, it can't be anywhere neat Tri-Star Town.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:15 pm

We should also figure out Destiny Islands, considering that's where Zakk is coming from. Which, of course, we have no frame of reference for, as it's only ever been seen on the world map in BbS.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 pm

I realized I'd forgotten DI not long after I posted that, actually. Hm. I feel like it should still be kind of isolated on the ocean, but which one? The one with Atlantica, or between Deep Jungle and England? Because the one near Atlantica seems like it wouldn't be as oft-traveled. Speaking of, I need to mark a place for the castle by the sea where Prince Eric lived, since that's a part of it.

Also, I'm going to add some patches of green. Darker green to indicate forest, lighter green to indicate land that's not so much forested as just green. It might help us decide on where to put some locations, since it allows us to see the surrounding area's climate at a glance.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Little bit late to the party on this one, but the Realm of Darkness is implied to be across some sort of dimensional barrier. I seem to recall hearing somewhere that LoD/CO is really close to the border, as is that one shore whose name I can't remember where DiZ and Aqua/Roxas and Xemnas/Sora and Riku are seen a few times. The one where magical Deus Ex Letter happens at the end of KH2.

On a semi-related note...Deep Space? What is the story with that? Its own world? Our world? Can they reach it from Gummi Space/Lanes Between? More of a personal confusion than anything, but still worth mentioning, I think. Oh, and also, Disney Town. Shwon near Olympus, but also presumably right beside/part of Disney Castle. And the main reason I was saying that there's a good chance the worlds orbit around something-or-other.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:11 pm

No problem being a little late.

So, Haar, are you saying that some parts of the world should be closer to the border than others? Also, that place was referred to as the Dark Margin, if I'm remembering it correctly.

Deep Space is just where the Galactic Federation ship was hanging out. It's a massive ship, but not exactly a world. It's just treated as such, I think. There are weird cases like that, with the Mysterious Tower where Yen Sid lives being a part of Twilight Town in KHII, but its own world in BBS. As for the other thing... I dunno, it's Hawaii. I'm sure we can either find or come up with a name for it if we have to. I'd like to include it on the map, though, if I'm including England and the Castle by the Sea from Little Mermaid.

Yeah, you definitely have a point about the whole orbiting thing, but what can we do? The locations on the map have to be, for the most part, fixed. Y'know, discounting any crazy locations that move around. And if we take into account Timeless River, I imagine both Disney Town and Disney Castle exist at the same time, as part of the same world. In Timeless River, they talk about how a castle is going to be built around the Cornerstone of Light, and it doesn't sound like they mean in over half a century. And the landscape is different between them. I don't know why you can't see the castle from the town, but with Nomura, you just don't know for sure whether he's being consistent or not in some cases.

Now, for another tricky issue... the advancement of technology. The worlds have been together for a long time now, so there's been time for information to spread. Entire worlds might be different from before. Do you think we should figure out how each area's technology would change?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 pm

I don't really think we should dwell on that too much. Really, the only technologically advanced worlds are CO, TWTNW, Asylum, and Synthisle (to a lesser degree). Everything else...well, Deep Space/That One Ship is in space, so I don't think that would have spread too much around aside from, "Oh, hey, there's aliens, and they want nothing to do with us so that kinda sucks." Other than that, the most advanced thing we've seen is cannons from Neverland and Port Royal...and now I want to see Captain Hook fight Jack Sparrow. But they're both dead now, so it can't reasonably happen.

Well, yeah, that was kinda what I was driving at. My comment was more so the fact that Olympus seems to have shifted way the hell away from Disney. As for the Keyblade Graveyard, we've only seen it in one game, and it was upward from RG. I kinda have trouble believing it to be anywhere near TWTNW or Twilight Town unless connecting the worlds literally just smashed them together, so I'd imagine it to be a ways off, pretty far away from anything.

And with regards to Halloween Town...what's it matter? The only other holidays that have well-known symbols are Valentine's Cupids and the Easter Bunny. And Saint Patrick's Leprechauns, I guess. Again, I'd say it's pretty much safe to do whatever with regards to that, though I'd personally rather just stick to what we know for certain exists.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:48 am

Still, it's been 200 years. That's a long enough time for civilizations to connect with each other and trade knowledge. I'm not saying that everything should change drastically, like turning Agrabah into a steampunk city, but what things probably should've advanced in that time, just a fair bit?

...And that fight could totally happen. Captain Hook lives in Neverland, where nobody ever ages, and Peter Pan is having too much fun messing with Hook to kill him off. Jack Sparrow came back from hell at one point. While he did have help from the living people who knew him, it's not impossible that he got trapped in another of those crazy limbo-places and freed centuries later. Very unlikely, mind you, but if we had to, we could pull it off. Just - as you said - not reasonably. But I mostly wanted to point out that Hook wasn't dead. Why would he be dead?

I'm pretty sure the idea WAS that the worlds were just kind of smashed together. I mean, there should be no-man's-land, which I'd probably explain as being fragments of the old world that didn't happen to have people on them. The Keyblade Graveyard is just there because I don't know where to put it yet. Yeah, it should be in the middle of nowhere, but we need to know what places are uninhabited.

I mean, the option I'd like to go with would be making a wasteland and putting the Keyblade Graveyard in the middle of that, and maybe actually making that a geographically centric area of the world - since that's where everything broke apart from in the first place - but at the same time, I don't like having to expand the map in any direction the way it's set up right now. Because then I have to compress it even more just to make it fit when I post it, and then it's harder to tell what each location is... bleh.

There's also the slight issue of how there are thousands of worlds we don't even know about. We can't exactly make a comprehensive map of the world, so we'll have to make it a bit open-ended. It's just one piece of a massive world, and we might be able to expand the borders of the map as we think of more places to add, but otherwise... yeah, it's not a complete map.

Yeah, I don't think we'll bother with any holidays other than the two presented in the games and the movie.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:03 am

...Right. I haven't seen Peter Pan in about a dozen or so years, so a detail like that--one that doesn't show up too much--kinda slipped my mind.

Well, regardless, the worlds we've picked are consistently at least relatively close, so it's not like it's a stretch to say, "And we don't know what's beyond here." Heck, we could just make the Keyblade Graveyard the wasteland that separates this part of the world from the rest of it, so maybe it's the reason the map isn't any bigger.

Well, it's like I said; Castle Oblivion, TWTNW, Asylum, and Synthisle. I mean, I could maybe see one or two nearby areas hooking up to Radiant Garden's defense system, but when you live in a world full of genies, dragons, and Olympus, I personally would think that technology would be something of an afterthought.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next