Yup. Bye bye. Peace.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yup. Bye bye. Peace. - Page 2 Empty Re: Yup. Bye bye. Peace.

Post  Skazzasurf on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 am

If you look back, you'll notice that I was absolutely horrible when I started out, and I let slip a few times clues that showed my age. In fact, the only reason I ever improved wasn't because of my own skills but because I learned from the way you guys wrote, and especially from Whats_Up, or Matt was it? Anyways, I remember exactly how I was going with my plot but I'm not entirely sure that I wish to continue it. I feel that I created too many twists and contradictions in Nathan's story and I will probably think about what to do with it in some time.

(As for getting banned from GameFAQS, I haven't been on that site in a while so I wouldn't mind being banned.)
Skazzasurf
Skazzasurf
Nathan the Exubero de Saltatus Incendium

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 am

Well, that's how I improved, so I don't see the big deal...

Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am

*coughxemnas'headbeingcutoffcough*
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 am

Xemnas's head... yeah. Skazza, do me a favor and go into Org.XIV, and read the topic "Fate Gone Awry". It's not too long yet, so it shouldn't take days to read.

That's how most people improve, anyway. Starting out, I liked to think that I was pretty good for a beginner, but really, if there was a difference, it was minimal. I know people of my age who can't RP in Script worth a damn, who understand story concepts on a similar level. It's pretty much all about experience; you have to figure things out over time. Pacing, tone, consistency, foreshadowing, phrasing, variety... all these little elements factor into the writing over time.

Whether you're twelve or not doesn't really matter. Sure, it may have some effects on your writing interests at some point relatively soon, and hopefully that won't turn you into another Sam...

...Hang on, have you met Sam? I forget whether you dropped off ebfore he signed up or not... but I think you missed him entirely. Lucky you, Sam was terrible. Remember how you sucked at first? Imagine if you improved in spelling, grammar, and writing coherently enough to be mostly understood, but got WORSE in pacing, ideas, consistency, tone, being consistant WITH your tone... Yeah. He wouldn't improve, and he's an idiot who puts photos of himself on the internet that he thinks look badass. Smearing blood from a nosebleed over your face makes you look stupid, not dangerous.

From the photos, it's obvious that he's in high school. You, being TWELVE, or, actually, at the time, like, NINE, were able to write, then improve, and basically keep up with everybody without raising suspicion. Of course, since we assume that 90% of the internet is pure, concentrated stupidity, I would've chalked it up to you just not being so geared towards RPing. Think of all the good things you can find on the internet, all the information, music, methods of contact... that's hard to picture. Now take that, make it negative, and multiply it by nine. That is how massive the stupidity on the internet is.

Now, my ranting aside, you kick Sam's ass to Atlantica and back.

Planned Characters for DB Story: Redemi, Nobis, Matsuda.
To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

"Go forth, and set the world on fire!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 am

Okay, I'll back you up here, Skazza. Did you guys read some of his older stuff? I fully believe it was written by a ten-year-old. That, and, I think this is exactly the kind of lie a twelve-year-old would tell. No offense.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

TITAL Characters: Trent, Sylvia
Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
Zombieland Characters: Necro, Crone
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 am

Lol, Sam is just going to be the perfect example of how NOT to write, isn't he?

Skazza, as much as you might have p*ssed me off sometimes, it wasn't as horrible as Sam. With him it was just "Okay, my char has to be the hero, so I'm just gonna have him come in and blow up the enemy!" and in his own plotlines, it was mostly "Deus Ex Deus Ex Deus Ex!!!!"

And let's not forget "Oh, I'm bored with this character. Instead of just not using her for a while, I'll kill her off. And then expect everyone to care even though my only established character suffers from Bipolar disorder and constantly seals and unseals his powers."

I could go on, but the point is, as much as you, Skazza, used to p*ss me off, you got better. And then you stayed better and didn't suffer a massive relapse. And as much as Nathan still p*sses me off, it's because it's part of his character, not because he's poorly written. It's not that I don't like him as a whole, I just don't like his personality, kinda like you hate a movie villain. Except I don't want him to die. I'm really horrible at explaining myself, aren't I?

ANYWAY, MY POINT IS that I was legitimately disappointed when I heard you were leaving, and I'm genuinely glad you're back. And at this point I've let the whole "Xemnas' head" thing go in moderate confidence that it won't happen again.

And yes, he did miss Sam entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post  Skazzasurf on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 am

Actually, I think I might've been here for a little bit of Sam. Was he the one with the characters that could do Meteoragagagagagaga? Also, I read through Fate gone Awry and I think it gives me a great oppurtunity to rewrite Nathan. I don't want to gravedig though, it hasn't been posted in in weeks >_>
Skazzasurf
Skazzasurf

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 am

I don't know, he gave himself sh*tloads of upgrades, then realized it was too much, seals them away, rinse repeat, mix in some female character deaths and some unique character deaths and bam, bam, there's a Sam.

Anyway, regarding Fate Gone Awry, we don't mind. It's past the point where we don't know who escaped. You could bring Nathan and say he got away off-camera, since there were plenty who didn't really fight much on-screen, and another guy is just what we need to get rolling. Kyouko and Dispatch are guarding the sewers at Hollow Bastion, Adachi and khfreak's pair are looking for a way out, so if you just have Nathan run into one of those groups, it should speed up a bit. Oh, and Aaron died via Xigbar and darkness and he melted but you saw that, because you read the topic so I don't know why I'm giving you a review, so Imma shut up now.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 am

Speaking of Sam, anyone else get the strange idea that he's jerking off to mental images of his own characters right now? Or should I seek mental help. Probably the second one. Or both.

"If that thing gets control of you, gutting is always an option."- Wolverine commenting on Spider-Man's Black Suit.

Org. XIV Characters: Siks, Kotank, Susan, Erntxt, Necro, Wayne, Astaroth, Kenshutsu, Mortem
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 am

You of all people would imagine that, KH. Though now that you actually mention it, it wouldn't surprise me.

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 am

So, I was right, it is both. And, come on, I'm a sick f*ck, if I don't think of th weird stuff, who will? Nebula? Not crazy enough. You, Haar? Not disturbed enough. Me? Too crazy.

khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 am

…Wait.

khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 am

That's not "the weird stuff". That's just kreepy and it's a thing I never want to think about.

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 am

-_- Actually, KH, the thought had occurred to me. It was the most rational explanation I could think of, actually. It makes him even harder to take seriously.

No, Skazza, Sam didn't do the Meteorgagagagaga at any point. Once, his first female character could use Meteor, which was supposed to be ungodly powerful and sealed and forbidden, ignoring the fact that Aleri was perfectly capable of doing it himself without using up all his power, and that was when he still had his status as the King of Punching Bags. Also, Sam was pretty much exclusive to the TITAL section. He appeared in Org.XIV, but now, his two characters are under Admin's control, as we can't leave such a gaping plothole.

Ugh. Yeah, FGA's only stopped because moving forward is only going to happen when Adachi and Siks find more survivors of the battle, and they all escape. They don't have to find ALL the survivors, but they wouldn't leave unless they thought there were no more friends that they could save, or had to get offworld immediately, because of direct threat of death by the opposing Organization.

Also, Nathan was still Thananx at the time. And we realized that the way the story went originally? It made no sense. What the hell did the keys even do? We've actually figured out a way to turn that in our favor for the Dark Bloodline story... But, yeah. That made no sense, and since I'm a conceited bastard, I not only had to prove that I could've written that part better, I had to make a whole RP out of it. Where everything branches off from the main timeline. I may also feel a little (read: IMMENSELY) guilty about not being there when it happened originally, which is why it went so far off track, and eliminated the main enemy of the story barely a fraction of the way in.

To Be Introduced: Stice, Some jackass ghost, Rekoka, Raidou. Also some villains.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 am

Yeah, that was poor phrasing on my part. And in my defense, the idea just kind of popped in there, and now it won't leave. But it kind of makes sense. Hell, the first thing any of his characters did was f*ck! Barely a conservation leading to it, either, just kind of establishing his characters and then having two of them screw each other. Why not, right?

khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 am

1. conversation*

2. As much I hate to admit, I'm the one who would think of the weird stuff kh.....I just don't tend to share it when I do....

>.>
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:09 am

khfreak358 wrote:So, I was right, it is both. And, come on, I'm a sick f*ck, if I don't think of th weird stuff, who will? Nebula? Not crazy enough. You, Haar? Not disturbed enough. Me? Too crazy.

HI.

Wait... Sam did WHAT?! THE F*CK?! Did... did he seriously have two...

What. The f*ck.

And speaking of weird stuff, I still have that Yaoi of you and Haar to write, something like that? Brb... Mwaaaaahahahahah!
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 am

No, you see, Yaoi isn't weird to me anymore, it's just charming. And Malak, … Yeah, I believe that. Oh, and you didn't know about that, Zeldaman? Yeah, that was the start of his first stupid plot line(and I use that term extremely loosely). I won't get into the finer points, mostly because I need to get some sleep. So, good night to you, sir!

khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 am

And later, he had the gall to pretend that he (the in-story Sammy, the character, not the author) had no choice? See, this is why he was killed with a vengeance. Aleri decided that it WASN'T WORTH HIS TIME, Rexial and Sora kicked his second-in-command's ass for expecting a weapon that prevents you from being killed by anything but a vital stab wound to protect him from Rexial (AKA the god of stabbing people before they are physically able to block) and Sora (AKA the guy who cuts skyscrapers with a blunt weapon).

And that's not even going into how Xavier kicked Sammy's ass mano-a-mano. Kinda. Lia (formerly one of Sam's characters, she ended up under Admin's control once Sam was done with her), who was in the position of the damsel in distress, hit him with a surprise attack. The irony was delicious; the guy whose girlfriends were useless idiots who only knew how to take a fatal wound, sacrifice themselves to turn into powerups for him, and generally be all-too-willing to die for somebody they met the other day, when their whole relationship is pretty much at the same level as it would be in modern-day reality: They like Minecraft, Linkin Park, and walks on the beach, which somehow means they should go out.

If you met a girl last week, and shared a few interests with her, and suddenly she got tangled up in crazy-dangerous stuff because she hangs out with you, would she take the bullet for you? NO. If you just met somebody last week, and they died protecting a friend of yours, one who you particularly dislike... No, she died saving the bastard who tried to run off and fight some half-assed enemy on his own, and you went along so that the villain would die BEFORE his girlfriend somehow ended up dying.

It's like this: He runs off, you follow him and catch up before he gets far, you go with him to make sure he doesn't get himself or anybody else killed with his stupidity. Facing down the villain, you try a quick deathblow. It is ignored. IGNORED. Not that it bounces off, or they sidestep, even when that would be PERFECTLY F***ING REASONABLE, no, they just act like they DIDN'T have a four-foot blade of pure darkness and malice rammed into their face. Then, the bastard tries fighting his villain, and for all intents and purposes, YOU AREN'T THERE. Goddammit.

Oh noes, wittuw Sammy can't seem to hurt the big, bad villain! The villain tries to attack the bastard, and he doesn't ever think to DODGE or BLOCK the damn thing, or even just use the pause and obvious opening to STAB THE VILLAIN GOOD IN THE FACE. No, he sits there and waits to die. Then, out of F***ING NOWHERE, his girlfriend of the week jumps out and takes a mortal wound, dying, and motivates him to unlock some new BS power, which defeats the villain instantly!

Thing is, that power isn't worth sh*t. You could've killed the villain a thousand times over by now, but Sammy's sh*tty writing ignores that. Also, you would've blocked that hit, no biggie, it's just an attack on a basic level, the kind you could backhand out of the way without getting hurt, and keep going, never breaking stride. You could've handled this on your own, no casualties, making a mockery of this evil monster who kills a helpless girl and beats up the poor bastard Sam.

That's the worst part of the whole "disposal" thing: you can't save them, ever. Naomi? She went berserk and turned into a monster, she had to be killed because reverting her was impossible. Sierra, the girl who did it with Sammy, causing Naomi to go berserk, got attacked while the team was in Hell, saving the soul of Alice, who had been killed in the aftermath of the battle. She was attacked by a new/old teammate of Sam's: ...And I can't even remember her name. Stabbed through the eyesockets with stalagmites, as well as the ears and mouth, and even her nostrils. Sammy is strangely fond of brutal deaths.

So, Savanna, or whatever her name was who done mutilated Sierra... Yeah. There's a brief Beach Episode, and Rexial begins to develop a remote chance of having a relationship with her. He was supposed to open up, but then, she goes and gets killed, and very stupidly! So, does he snap and go off howling for revenge? No, because he barely knew her! All she did was shake loose an aspect of his personality that is now giving him a load of trouble.

Then he gets a new one: Kirsten. How does she bite it? Well, due to complaints, she gets "corrupted" and becomes insufferably cranky. And we never see her again, even thoguh she's presumably in a room upstairs.

Then Lia comes along. Once Sam wants a new girlfriend, she's free to go be with Xavier, a character of the Admin's who is the opposite of Sam: No special powers, he can be taken seriously, he's a natural leader, he's able to protect people, he's honest and gets by on sheer determination and badassery, and finally, he's WELL-WRITTEN IN GENERAL. His goodness really highlights Sam's suckishness.

Make way for the final girl, Cecily! She's got issues, but she doesn't seem too affected by the trauma. Again, Sammy is the worst writer I have ever met. Cecily reveals that she has multiple personality disorder... BS, of course. She actually got relegated to my control, so what did I do? I had Rexial screw up and be a tactless idiot, causing her to run off into the middle of a crowded city. Maybe I'll have her resurface, maybe not.

Ahhh, yes, and then there was the one time he fought Sephiroth. Even with tips on how to combat somebody with a longer weapon from Rexial, the EXPERT ON SWORDPLAY, he still couldn't fight worth a damn and had to get a BS powerup to win.

Long story short, I could rant for HOURS about how bad he is. Sammy is the RPer equivalent to Sonic '06: It just gets worse and worse, and there's no end to the sh*ttiness to talk about. I have a good friend named Sam, who is disgusted to share a name with him. And she's a girl, so it's just the condensed name that they share. He sucks THAT MUCH.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 am

Agreed. Skife and Sammy had one run-in in the old Heart High topic, Skife got told everything about the human-shield/girlfriend crap, and, after that, Sammy tried to eliminate him... with a 9mm pistol! I had half a mind to pull some absolute BS attack out of my ass and eliminate Sammy with it. I mean , that was whack.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:07 am

...I don't even. I just don't even. I read the opening 'posts' of Sam's in Org. XIV... and that's just sad. Incredibly vague, but still so, so sad.

I'm tempted to go look for him on GFAQs or something just so I can rub it in his face. God... I feel like my topic was VIOLATED from him being in it. Coming from ME. Christ...

God... God damn. The only reason I'd prolong a fight is to get plot points out, or to keep a character looking nerfed. I hate the thought of using a Gary or Mary, and I throw in as many flaws and weaknesses as I can in so I feel like I'm doing SOMETHING to balance it. But damn... Sam is just sad.

I'm going to find some of his really bad posts and compile them into a "What not to do in RPing" in case we ever get another newb so we can get an acid test on them or something.

Sleepy brain is sleepy.... Yaoi is for tomorrow.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 am

*Sigh* Yep, Sam's the worst. I mean, one of his introduction actions? Once he and Rexial step into CA, he shoots some monsters that were attacking. There are no monsters in CA, and they would be highly visible if they got in. Also, DNA Cannons. And the fact that monsters generally don't like atmospheres like CA's interior. Solution? Sam shot some marble statues, and Rexial was mildly pissed off about his trigger-happiness.

However, I've decided that personally, rubbing it in his face is a waste of time. He'll just make up more BS and demand to be unbanned, possibly threatening to get 4Chan to try and raid us. Note: he would fail to get them to do this. He has no influence anywhere that is meaningful. Like when he tried to organize a raid, only for HIS OWN FORUM MEMBERS to spit in his face. So he tried to use stupid intimidation tactics in the Chat. Didn't work, because he was too obvious about it. He's bad at making this sh*t up. It was pretty obviously just made-up phrases meant to sound like people were gathering or something.

NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 am

Do you want some help?
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Skazzasurf on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 pm

I remember reading Adachi had heard a sound where we last left off in FGA so I was thinking that sound could be Thananx(he would still be Thananx because be became Nathan when le KH was sealed, or at least I think that's how it happened)? Then again, I'm not sure how he would've got ahead of him, or behind him, or wherever. My idea would be that Thananx had followed them for a ways without being noticed, then went ahead when he had the chance because he knew the place. But he would probably get noticed right away, and there are no grounds for him to just know the way out, so yeah, I'm not sure how to incorporate that.
Skazzasurf
Skazzasurf

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Well, since there are two or three ways into the sewer, you could always say he used those.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum