TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion Mark II

+5
Atlantis_Rising
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Cremator of the Sky
PsychoticDoctor
khfreak358
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

General Discussion Mark II - Page 5 Empty Re: General Discussion Mark II

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:52 am

>be willing to give up Akihiko.

Not when he has all of the Ma-stat-unda spells, a solid base attack, and Diarahan as well. Like, maybe? But I don't remember him getting the Ma versions of Zio spells... or did he not get the me versions of Dia? I forget. Next time I play through I think I'll have either Aigis or Akihiko in my party, not both like last time. It was good... I guess? But considering the AI, they didn't always stick and I feel like it didn't make much of a difference. Dammit, there I go almost having a point and not being able to back it up. FFFFFF-- oh well.

I would like to point out that after you obtain her for use in Persona Q Naoto is borderline godly if you give her a halfway decent sup-persona with a good SP boost. So long as it can cover her usage of her kill spells, you'll do fine for most encounters. Sure, she has a slight problem with this setup if you take the exact same set into a boss fight, but I like to have her with a backup that has single targets and an -unda or two if I can afford it.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Akihiko's Physical is Strike, and IIRC, his Persona gets Zio, Tar/Rak/Suk-unda, Sonic Punch, and Dia sets. So through Ziodyne, Ma-debuff, Diara..han? Diarama? One of those. And Sonic Punch might get replaced with Mazio/nga/dyne, I don't remember. I'll have to get back to my P3 run soon.

EDIT: Looked it up, in FES he gets the three Ma-Undas, Zio, Mazio, Elec Amp, Fist Master, and Diarahan.

Oh, absolutely. The problem is getting actual good skills. I mean, Naoto was still a huge part of my team, but using a strategy of "Exploit Weakness/Crit --> Megido" during bosses. Random encounters were pretty much what you described until late in the game, where enemies immune to Light/Dark started showing up in the same battle. Thing is, my Naoto's sub-Persona (Gabriel) knew Mediarama...Bolt Link, Mazio, Magaru, Maragi, and Bufula. I mean, that's coverage for every element, but all of those were weak. That said, being able to spam Megidolaon for ~14 SP was pretty awesome too.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

So I just totaled up how much time I've spent playing the KH series in total.

Approximately 6 playthroughs of KH 1 at about 60 hours per playthrough on average: 360.
2 Sora campaigns and 1 Riku campaign of GBA CoM, and then the same again on Re: CoM, for 80 hours each set: 160.
10 Vanilla KH 2 playthroughs and 1 Final Mix run averaging 70 hours each time: 770.
5 or possibly more runs of Days at 60 hours each (I am a /stickler/ for completion in that game): 300.
one run each of TVA in BBS, not counting my current runs at 40 hours at final: 120 hours.
1 really long run of Coded: 65 hours.
and 1 incomplete run of DDD: 20 hours.

All told that's 5 hours shy of 1800 hours into this series as a whole. Top competitors would be Pokemon at like somewhere in the low 1000 hours (every generation except for 4, didn't finish ORAS, but played each generation multiple times), Persona (about 400 hours between 3 and 4), Disgaea 2 at about like 250 hours total? Across like all Mario games I've probably dumped in a few hundred hours, as well as LoZ easily. I don't think there's even a GENRE that comes as close to as much time that I've dumped into this game, excluding RPGs (which would probably easily overtake it).
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Damn. Kinda makes me wonder how much time I've put into the series, but I've erased a good chunk of my files and currently have no access to my PS3 to get some ballpark numbers. Though I could bring up how many times I've beaten each one...

Anyway, it's still way less than that...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:13 am

Hey guys. If you haven't noticed, I've been glancing at the forum like, every day, hoping to find something for some reason. I really do miss being able to actively be a part of this site.

That said, I just wanted to strike up a conversation. I think maybe it'll give you guys a bit of insight into who I am and what my life is like, and maybe some other people will share some personal experiences as well.

So, have any of you guys personally dealt with or known someone who dealt with an eating disorder?

If no one answers in a decent amount of time, I'll just share a little bit of my own story. I think that it's good for me to talk about these kinda things to people.

Also, sorry for the big book. Making up for not saying shit in forever.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay
Norio, The Cordis Custodis

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:56 am

God, I am so like, predictably depressing.

Sorry.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:24 am

I'm a fucking embarrassment. Ignore me.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:35 am

Alright, in order...

Yeah, probably waitin' to see someone try to pick up that noir story plan and move it along. We did kind of drop the ball.

That's fine by me.

Hm, can't say I have, not for sure. I know that there's people I know by some degree of separation who have eating disorders, but that's not exactly the same.

If you're comfortable with it. I dunno if anyone will object.

...'Big book'? You mean your reply? I don't think you need to worry about that length. I've gone on longer for way less important reasons.

And relax, we're not about to yell at you over it. I complain about old characters, maybe, if I'm in a bad mood, but I don't think you need to apologize.

...Request denied, I refute your statement. Also, it's a little too late to just ignore you when I just wrote up this whole post.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:43 am

I'm sorry... That's my fucking default response to everything. I'm just sorry for existing.
I guess I'll try to elaborate more tomorrow, but right now I need to get to bed, even though all I really feel like I can do right now is cry.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:04 am

I need to be out the door before 7:00 tomorrow and I don't even know whether I'm going to be able to fall asleep by 1:00 AM. I fucking hate this new schedule I have.

Since I'm awake and less of a babbling mess now, I guess I'll talk.

Clinical depression is a fucking nightmare. I nearly had to go to court last school year because I missed so many days of school just as a result of not having the motivation to get out of bed. And now I have to get up at 6:00 AM so I can walk to school, get on a bus that leaves the school at 7:30, and start class at the same time I would have had I just taken regular fucking courses. Not to say I'm not happy to be in the class. It's a software development course held by a local college as a new sort of program, so I should consider myself lucky to have even gotten in with all of the bullshit I had to go through to get there. It just sucks having to get up so early.

Additionally, back to the original subject, I personally have dealt with binge eating/overeating disorder for the past 9 or so years of my life. I'd say it had something to do with depression, since it sprung up about the same time, but there was never a distinct moment that I started to overeat. I just remember eating a lot when I was younger.

Depression, on the other hand, did have somewhat of a distinct starting moment for me. I came home from school one day, I believe I was in second grade at the time, and when I got to my bedroom, this bizarre thought popped into my imagination of walking towards the kitchen, finding the biggest knife I possibly could, and stabbing myself in the stomach. Just that thought terrified me. I lied in bed for most of that evening and just cried endlessly. I couldn't even explain why I was crying. My mom tried to comfort me but my dad just got angry that I was crying for no reason. You'd think that, considering that they both had long histories of depression, they might go to that conclusion, but I guess they just didn't expect anything like that out of their 7 year old.

And for some reason around that time I woukd just eat endlessly. I would snack all day and help myself to multiple large portions at dinner time. Now I'm 16 years old, 5'10" and about 270 pounds. I've been trying to fix things, but dealing with something like that that's 100% mental is just so difficult. A few months ago, I had gotten down to around 260, and I was actually fucking proud of myself, but of course it didn't stay long.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:41 am

Ouch, what a story.

But that somewhat aside for the moment, you should see some of my posts if you want a 'big book.' Lest it go a conversation without being brought up, kh thinks I have rants pre-written and try to find an opportunity to use them. Regardless of how many times I look at it and go "wow, that's way longer than it had to be." I post them anyway.

As for "predictably depressing," I wouldn't say that. For one thing, it's not like you're bringing up sad things for the sake of bringing up sad things. It's General Discussion. Where we talk about stuff. It's not like this is, say, Metal Gear Solid, which just constantly puts all of its characters through worse crap than I think I'm even capable of imagining...particularly the new one, but I digress. Far as I'm concerned, if there's anything that needs to be shared here, by all means go for it.

Moving right along, I wouldn't describe you as an embarrassment. I have previously and shall continue in the future to bring up the fact that a large chunk of this site is here exclusively because of you, given that you are the one who put up the Org. XIV thread, thus bringing said group here, and so on and so forth, etc etc. Hardly embarrassing. And if you're referring to your actual writing, we have all written schlock. In my case, it's...most of everything before introducing Daniel, and a sizable amount afterwards. That amount of plot-convenience still makes me cringe a little (Dispatch <_<  >_>)

And yeah...yeah, mental roadblocks suck. I, for example, have immense difficulty getting past the "screw this, it's boring" mindset. And worse than that is the fact that I pretty much always kick myself later, and no matter how much I tell myself I'll be kicking myself later, it doesn't help. Not to mention, it's nearly impossible to help someone else with their...I hesitate to say "mental problems," but those are really the most apt words, at face value. Whatever you call them, they are 100% awful.

As a final little set of words, best of luck, and I hope to see you around!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 am

Kid, c'mon. You're far and away not the heaviest guy here, you're not the worst writer, and you're definitely not on a soapbox about depression. You're screaming for help and we're here, and that's fine. I'm not entirely qualified to help people with hardcore depression, but I have a few things that could help you.

I have an eating disorder as well. I literally cannot keep myself from eating unless I somehow get the huge idea and some kind of motivation to stop eating, in which case I eat little to nothing for a week before going back to gorging myself. I also have small fits of depression, but nowhere near as bad as some others. I've always been able to get out of bed most days, but I don't know if I've ever had to force myself out. 

Honestly, man, you're a cool guy and for the longest time I thought you were a really interesting person. And I know that person is still in there somewhere, you just gotta... well... I dunno. Some people have one solution, others have a different one. My philosophy is to think of something that made me smile beforehand. I usually think of Markiplier, or my friends laughing, or Clannad.

Honestly, you keep this up and I'll share with everyone your Skype info so we can keep better, closer tabs on you. Razz Depression is a sickness, and you will get better, but you gotta fight for it. And you're more than capable of that. Get better soon, buddy.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:00 am

I appreciate the support, guys. Thank you.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:30 pm

My day so far:

6a Mom comes in cuz my cat needs to eat 'cuz he has diabetes. Cool, whatever, back to sleep.
8a Dad yells at me cuz I'm not awake to take my sister to school, whatever, my fault.
9a On my way home from dropping sister off at school, tire goes flat.

I still need to go renew my license since it expires tomorrow cuz 21 AND go and pick up my sister from school. Fuck it. Time to finally finish Black Lagoon and finish the reviews that should have been done back in February.
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:00 am

Sucky day, Atlantis. I hope things go better for you.

On a more lighthearted note, anyone wanna make fresh accounts and go partying in Runescape?
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  AKeybladeYouSay Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:55 pm

I've tried to go back and play Runescape, but it's so different from what it was in 2007 when I actually played it. I don't handle change well.
AKeybladeYouSay
AKeybladeYouSay

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Actually, you can play the old 2007 version. They just re-named it "Old School Runescape". You need to make a character name in the new one before you can use it in the old one though, I think.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:25 pm

Hey guys, just felt like I should take a second to say I hope you all had a great Christmas. Personally, I'm stuffed after scarfing down a plethora of ham and turkey.

Anyone get any nice stuff? I ended up with a copy of Triforce Heroes courtesy of my cousin, as well as a whole bunch of assorted sugary things and some spending money, which...well, I know exactly what it's going toward.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  khfreak358 Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:22 am

I got a blu-ray copy of Avengers: Age of Ultron, a Google Chromebook, a Star Wars shirt, two pairs of Star Wars pajama pants, tickets to see Blue Man Group with my family on the 1st, $120 in cash, a $40 Walmart gift card from my bosses, a Target gift card of unknown value, and $90 worth of Amazon gift cards. Said Amazon gift cards will be going towards my attempts to delve further into the Star Wars Expanded Universe, due to my interest in it being resparked by watching Episode VII... 3 times... in less than a week.
khfreak358
khfreak358
Siks the Umbra de Aurora
Siks the Umbra de Aurora

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:32 am

Well, I got a book, the first 12 episodes of Persona 4 the Animation on DVD, a copy of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - and the soundtrack, a new scarf, a copy of Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Rising, a mug, a shirt... and an IOU for Persona Q, a monitor, and new headphones.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 am

Typical sock and toiletry fare, 100$ cold hard cash, two poster frames for what I presume will be Undertale posters that are arriving tomorrow, a star wars shirt and cool tin that it came in, new pajama pants, some assorted electronic stuff like a spare USB and phone cord, and sheet music for one of my favorite Undertale tracks. Since my birthday is next month, I hope I can get some cash aside from the promise of going to St. Louis to meet my older brother and sis in law to get wasted for my 21st. That way this money doesn't go to bills and instead goes to the potential WiiU I'd like to buy.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:32 am

So I committed what might be considered a sin here and watched Sword Art Online. Now, here me out, before you crucify me (or at least before you drive the nails in) hear me out. I watched it on a whim, more or less, not really intending for it to be something that I enjoyed but surprisingly, I did. More for the clean animation and for sparking an interest along the way to play MMOs again (which turned out rather well) but moreso for being just simple, dumb fun. Now, by "watched" I also mean I stopped while the getting was good. I saw half of the Season 1B premiere episode and had to immediately stop from how batshit crazy the whole thing turned out to be.

I feel like the opening was decent and the animation was clean and polished enough to look pretty and keep me watching. The music isn't anything to write home about and the writing is honestly rather sloppy at times. I do feel like they genuinely tried in certain areas though, and for what its worth it did occasionally make me break out in some emotion or other.

That said?
Like.
Watch it if you have nothing else to watch. It's not that great. It's good, it's fun, it'll probably be this age's Naruto but like it's just rather whatever to me. Onto Here and There, Now and Then and Hajime no Ippo.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Well, my computer does that thing where it clicks out of the textbox for no reason just as I was trying to hit backspace, so I ended up losing everything I said. Here we go again!

So, yeah, I agree with you. Having watched it myself, I can say that the first half was decent. There were some likable people for sure, and while there were just as many forgettable ones, you tend to forget them. I liked the concept (because I find myself strangely attracted to virtual world scenarios). Main character turned into a boring Mary Sue after a few episodes, but he was pretty cool for the first...I dunno, two or three.

As for what you missed out on by jumping off the second half of the season...put it this way: consider yourself fortunate you have the ability to not finish things.

Let's make a note of what you missed:

1. Main character being a stalker
  2. Villain made as disgusting as humanly possible to distract from main character being a stalker, including but not limited to pedophilia, sadism, something tantamount to kidnapping, and trying to marry an unconscious person
  3. Annoying side-characters
  4. Characters who were formerly skilled becoming not even remotely good at anything
  5. Things that don't make sense
  6. Things that don't matter
  7. Incest

There was something else, but I don't remember what it was, and I don't really care to re-think on it. There was definitely a couple of cool moments in that half too, but they fell under categories of "don't make sense" or "don't matter." So, yeah, first half was definitely decent enough. Second half was creepy as hell. See categories 2 and 7.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Pretty much what Haar said, yeah. Always remember: .hack is better! :D On a similar subject, I feel the strangest compulsion to play their new game, despite the fact that I don't actually have a PS4 or Vita to play it on. Hm. Might be tied to the fact that I looked at the back and it said you could play as people other than Kirito. Something about making your own avatar character, too.

Still, that's a ways off even if I do trouble myself. I've still got to finish 100% Completion on Days, replaying Re:coded from scratch - lost my original copy, got a replacement - and this Proud Mode run of Re:CoM on the I.5 ReMIX disk. ...Did I mention that I suckered myself into replaying the whole series? Because I ended up replaying the whole series. Heck, if I had a PS4, I'd probably try and get II.8 ReMIX, too, when that comes out.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:14 pm

.Hack got another game? This is news. I'm intrigued. Also, Haar hit the nail on the head there.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next