TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hybridic Heroes RP

+4
Haar_Dragon
Atlantis_Rising
Eques tenebrarum
Zeldaman2.0
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hybridic Heroes RP - Page 4 Empty Re: Hybridic Heroes RP

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm

NebulaGregarZX wrote:<And don't even get me started on the plot for that game... I mean, if they'd just looked it over a few more times, they'd probably have realized that it stuck out because it SUCKED and had no genuine feeling to it, not because it was a new, epic adventure. Also, I have to wonder why the hell half of our characters are thieves. Bah!>

<I know, it's weird. I'm legitimately considering coming up with a plot point to make Hiroki into a Fighter rather than Stealth, because this is getting a tad ridiculous
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

<I'm also seriously considering throwing orcs, uruk-hai, bugbears, the whole nine yards in the tank division at them and watching what they do, just for the fact that we have 5 out of 9 characters with Stealth designation, including the Mixes. I'll offer this now: if you want your stealth to be more capable in battle, or more oriented to the plot (sneaking around, stealing, etc) form of it, send me a PM if this applies to you.

And Mal? I said you take longer KNOWING FULLY WELL that you have a crack-ton of other obligations. My comment was in NO way meant to be disparaging, condescending, or otherwise have a pejorative connotation. All I meant was: let's get Nebula up and running, by that time Mal should have gotten enough spare time in by then to have gotten signed up his character.>

The mouse-girl reflexively tries to straighten out the back of her hair as she speaks, perhaps it being a calming tic for her. "Just give me your name and I'll add you to the list of applicants. If you need a place to stay for two nights until then I've been authorized to lodge you here. And if you do, no funny business."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

< Certainly didn't seem like it....but oh well. I have a couple days off right now sooooo.....Onwards ho!!!! >

Rafe stood saying, "Name's Rafe. And I have my own place." Turning to leave he asked, "Anything else or is that all?"
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

With an impish grin, she replies "Be ready for anything and everything... Even possibly losing your life."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

<Sorry if I made things more complicated, Zeldaman...>

The sister, Clair, sighed apologetically. "We'll take some bread, and an ale for my brother, if it's not too much to ask."

The elder sibling, Clant, scratched his head, perplexed by something. The customer next to him kept fumbling something in a pouch at his waist... it was strangely distracting.

"How much do we owe you for that, sir?" Clair asked, brushing the hair from her face with one hand.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:16 am

<-pops up with frazzled Einstein hair and soot on face, lifts up safety goggles- Nope! Not at all!>

"One loaf and an ale, coming right up for the siblings." Jared quickly walked back into the kitchen area, and shouted off a quick order to the staff in the back before heading back up front to fill a tankard with frothing, cold ale, and slid it down the bar to the Chess siblings. "Ale, coming down!"
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Malakili007 Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 am

Rafe's lip twitched at the mouse's words, then headed outside and back towards his place.
Malakili007
Malakili007
Lenox, the Unus Leo
Lenox, the Unus Leo

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 am

Without even bothering to look, Clant reflexively caught the tankard with his left hand, now fascinated by his right.

Clair deftly snatched an object from her brother's hand, the thing he had been preoccupied with. It was a ring made of silver, a number turquoise gemstones set into the metal. Very expensive, incredibly eye-catching, and obviously not something that the Chess siblings could have afforded.

"Brother, why did you take this? Put it back this instant!" She whispered anxiously.

Clant nodded, looking slightly confused. He casually slid it back into the pouch worn by the man next to him. "Sorry, I didn't know I'd... I did it again?"

"What happens if you steal something important next time? They'll lock you up, and that'll be the end of it." She fussed, grabbing his arm without meaning to.

"...That's how I got fired, afterall." He muttered, head hanging forwards. "I stole that amulet from the Captain, and... well... he really didn't take it well. He never minded before, though... I seem to recall taking that same amulet from him multiple times, and it wasn't anything special to him. ...I'm sorry. If I had just stayed in control of myself, we'd both still have our jobs..."

Clair was taken aback by his apology. "...N... never, ever apologize for that. We lost our jobs, sure, but we're still getting by. Don't... just don't act like it was a m-mistake." She was strangely sensitive about that incident... moreso than one ordinarily would be.

He just took it as simple encouragement, not picking up on the strangeness. "...Thanks, sis. And while I'm giving out gratitude..." Clant picked up his head and took a sip of his ale. "...Jared, thanks for the drink. So, how much is the food and drink gonna cost us?"

<...Am I giving too much away, or is this effective foreshadowing...? Because it's obvious enough that directly referring to it as such shouldn't ruin the feeling.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlantis_Rising Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 am

Zeldaman2.0 wrote:---Ib---

The mouse girl is suddenly jolted from her conversation, turning with a frightened, but not in the slightest scared or intimidated, look in her eyes. She quickly assesses Rafe and then his question. She puts on a rather perturbed but trying-to-be-friendly smile, and replies "Indeed I am... though I'd prefer it if you didn't up and use pet names, little guy. I'm Amily...

<Is that a CoC reference!?>
Atlantis_Rising
Atlantis_Rising
Delta
Delta

http://rp.eliteskills.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:51 am

<Leave it at that for now, perhaps throwing this or that to distract from what you told me. Keep it up until you decide to have Clant tell his part, and maybe have Clair really clarify (no pun intended?) what happened at a later time. Whenever each of these happen to be.>

Jared eyes their quiet little episode, amazed that Clant could so easily take something that had obsessed the mind of it's owner not even two minutes ago. Stroking his beard, he appears lost in thought for a moment, and then replies to Clair's query, "Hold that thought for a moment, I need to speak with someone." He heads off towards the back of the bar, with a cook coming out a few moments later and handing the Chess siblings their fresh honey oat bread on a wooden tray.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:40 am

Clair nodded appreciatively, while Clant seemed unusually preoccupied with the bread itself. He poked at it a few times, then tore off a small piece, examining it.

"This bread..."

Clair cut off two slices, giving one to her brother.

"...is amazing!" The elder sibling exclaimed, to her surprise.

"...What's so special about it?" She asked, puzzled.

Clant had a rather serious expression; it was clear that it wasn't a joke. "This bread is just the right texture; not too grainy, not too soft, it's crispy, but not crunchy, and..." He expectantly took a bite of his slice. "...tastes perfect!"

Cautiously raising it to her mouth, she took a bite of this supposed wonderbread. "...Now that you mention it, this isn't bad at all. Not something to write home about, but it's good."

"To a starving man, any scrap is a precious morsel. And this is no scrap, this is an undeniably perfect loaf of bread!"

The little sister wasn't sure how to respond to his outburst. It sounded like there was some profound wisdom mixed in there, but it was muddled by the strangeness of it. "It's just bread. It's not like you can make it to be all that good."

"Ah, but you will admit that bread doesn't get better than this, right? That means that this bread is perfect by definition!"

After recieving a pointed look from his sister, Clant began to quietly eat his bread.

<Well, as is my role in all this, I'm going to have to maintain their status as the most out-there, interesting characters of the bunch. That seems to be one of my specialties, and while there's only room for one set of such characters, nobody else is taking this role, so I'll be happy to fill that niche. And I'm seeing a distinct lack of mages. And there could stand to be more fighters.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:09 am

<Okay, let me fix that.

A-hem.

ATTENTION EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WITH A STEALTH CLASS. I posted this earlier, but only got two responses. If you'd like to, and please, WE NEED YOU TO, designate whether you'd like your Stealth to be more combat or sneak, lie, and charm oriented. Furthermore, I'm giving y'all a ONE TIME OFFER TO CHANGE YOUR CLASS. This change will be automatic, no penalties, and will be most graciously accepted.

Otherwise? I'mma crack down.

THAT IS ALL.

There.>

Unbeknownst to them, the cooks in the back room blush slightly with pride at their handiwork, overhearing Clant's rather loud praise. For a few moments, the two manage to eat in relative peace, before Jared approaches them with another man in tow, this one rather ruggedly built and wearing scale mail, with a bastard sword at his side. The apparent knight smiles broadly and approaches the two of them, sitting to Clair's side. "Hello there. The owner tells me the two of you are rather talented."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Clant shrugged. "Not if you're looking for entertainers."

"That's not what he was asking..." Clair muttered. "...Well, it depends on what you mean by that. I swear, if this is another joke about 'talent', I'm not going to let you leave without a good bruise mark on your head."

The elder brother, however, took another sip of his drink before turning to the man. "...Clair, I don't believe that this man was making a joke. Did you have a job for us?"

<I've already pointed out that Clant is mostly for combat, he's just more agile, and has the uncanny ability to compulsively steal without realizing it. So, he's a Combat-Oriented Stealth. Only he's actually a Mixed Class Fighter/Stealth, but that means he's a Mixed Class Fighter/Combat Stealth. So, yeah, he's mostly geared for battle. Just, y'know, responding in case I haven't mentioned this in the topic yet.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:28 pm

The man laughs rather heartily at the younger sibling's biting tone and fierce-mindedness. "Aye, I've got a job for the two of you, and I think both of you are exactly the kind of people I'm looking for, from what I've heard." He sits in the chair next to Clair, and continues on: "You see, I'm a talent scout of sorts for adventurers. I'm to find whoever I deem most capable for my employer, who says he's got the scoop on something big... and he needs some help getting to it. He's deployed us all to the major towns across all four continents, AND to the Southwest Isle."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm

"That's some net you've spread. If this is anything illegal, I've no interest..." Clant said, his tone lowering slightly, a warning.

Clair was quick to dismiss his doubts. "I doubt it's like that."

"Yeah, you're right." Her brother's suspicions evaporated. "You don't seem like the kind of person who would work for a criminal. An adventure, you say? We've some experience in similar things, thanks to some rather odd jobs... like fetching a ring at the bottom of a lake, looking in a cave for some ancient writings, hunting down a particular beast in a forest..."

"And we have travelled before, looking for new jobs. Never all that far, we always stay on this continent." The sister added. "I'm a mage, and my brother here is a swordsman. We're former employees of the city guard." She hesitated when she said 'former'.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

The man seems rather impressed by all that they've done. Raising his eyebrows, he remarks, "That's quite a lot. If I could, I'd probably hire the two of you right now, but as it is... I have to have the two of you try out two days from now." He smirks and adds, "If the two of you can handle it."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm

"I have no doubt that the tryout would be something we could overcome." Clant said, downing the rest of his ale. "...The only forseeable problem would be us arriving late. I have a terrible track record for being late to such events... Or anything else coincidentally preventing us from competing, like one of us coming down with an illness. We have some rather bad luck, you see... or, at least, I do."

"What are you saying, brother?! It's not going to be an easy trial, and we're not guaranteed success!"

"He would not have scouted us if he thought that we would fail, correct? I really am more worried about technicalities, considering my history of failures, like what happened about twenty minutes ago. Or have you forgotten already?" He set down his tankard, staring at the floor.

Clair patted her brother on the back. "If you hadn't slowed us down, yeah, we might've gotten that other job, but then we would have missed this one!" She turned to the man. "So... what's the pay?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm

"Straight to the point, I see... Admirable. In any case, should this little venture pull through, all of us talent scouts, every last one of the adventurers that passes, and the boss himself... well, it's going to be a rather large pay for all of us. ALL of us. And if tardiness is an issue, I'd be able to lodge the two of you here for two days, which is when the trials start."
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 am

"Good thing we missed that other job, then!" She stood up and offered to shake hands. "It's a deal."

Clant seemed to be having trouble making up his mind, but if his sister was doing it, he was coming with her. It was what she would do for him. "...I'll come, too. Lodging for the night, huh...? Whether we succeed or not, two free nights at an Inn is a nice bonus for trying out."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:07 am

The man crosses his arms to shake hands with both of them, and eagerly says "I hope to see you two there... bright and early, mind you."

<Ladies and gentlemen... And Haar.

https://youtu.be/aizCMO-mI1Q

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!!!

The moment has arrived! Goody!>

***Two days later***
Each of the trainers and scouts awake in the towns the known world over, prepping their own individual stations for the contestants. Before it's even close to noon on the Northeastern Continent, all of the scouts are set and ready, each with a smirk on their face.

Today would be quite interesting.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 am

Hiroki stood already at his station, twirling one knife between his fingers. "A'right, I'm gonna go for a wander," he told the goat-man. "I trust you'll come around for me if I'm late." He turned to walk out.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eques tenebrarum Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Rook was walking through the halls of his inn, just walking around to have something to do. Oran had sent a maid to have him woken up to tell him to get ready quickly. The young man cocked his head to the left, causing it to admitt a soft pop, then again on the right. "I need food" he said as he turned and went into his room to retrieve his bow and qiuver of arrows. He walked to the bar and sat down, tapping the counter with his knuckles.
Eques tenebrarum
Eques tenebrarum
Leo the Militis de caligo
Leo the Militis de caligo

http://Fanfiction.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneastin Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Stien walked back into Coel, his shirt now torn and deep scratches are in his chest and arms. He seem unaffected by the scratches but every once in awhile as he walked he would wince slightly. He was walking towards the inn to find the skinny man that confronted Stien just two days ago. Not knowing what to expect as he walked through the town he found the skinny man set up behind a station.

Stien walked up to the man and the station, Stien placed his hands down on station and leaned forward, giving the man an almost wild look seeing how Stien just spent two nights out in the wilderness alone.
Aneastin
Aneastin
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesoth Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Seeing that it was mid-morning, Xinthu slipped out of his room in the inn and headed to the station, snacking on an apple he bought from a fruit stall on the way there.
Aesoth
Aesoth
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 pm

---Janed---

As Xinthu approaches the inn, he sees a space cleared out in front that looks similar to a wrestling ring. Many spectators, including several nearby vendors, are tightly gathered around the spectacle and are avidly cheering on the competitors. Though one person's name is being shouted more than the other, the difference is pointless as there is too much commotion going on to hear whose name it is. With a THUD audible over the ruckus, the crowd erupts into wild cheers.

----------

---Coel---

The man from before looks rather surprised at the sight of Stein. The other two he was talking with, an older woman and a younger man, both seem to be visibly shocked as well by his sudden and ragged appearance. The scout then smiles broadly, covering his quick lapse. "Welcome back. I see you managed on your own for the two days. Are you ready to begin?"

----------

---Gohn---

The bartender regards Rook with a curious smile. A portly, middle aged man, the bartender says, not unkindly, "Well, you've got quite the appetite for so early in the morning. You really need all that food?" The man laughs good-naturedly and turns back and shouts out an order to the kitchen staff. Oran approaches Rook where he sits, and says with a slight smirk on his face, "Well, looks like you're the only one so far."

-----------

---Ryth---

Garth chuckles deeply at Hiroki's rather blatant confidence. "Don't get your tail in a knot, kid. Just be here before noon," he calls in the direction of the tiger. As Hiroki exits the inn, he's assaulted by fresh air and the noise of traders doing business, animals and livestock moving about and the various smells thereof, and the sound of children playing nearby.

----------

<Sorry for the delay.>
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next