TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

+4
Eques tenebrarum
Haar_Dragon
khfreak358
Whats_Up4444
8 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 am

Bleh, I'm already working on the Bloodline Chart, I don't need another complex drawing project! I'd have to gather and piece together information with What'sUp, and EVERYBODY ELSE, because I need to know what worlds will be included, and their distance and direction in relation to other locations...

I don't thnk a functional map will be possible. We'll end up adding in new locations as we go along, I'm sure, and we can't redo the map every time somebody goes to a new province that we hadn't put down yet. In fact, I even have a whole COUNTRY to put in, based on Fire Emblem, and if I hadn't said that, you'd never have an inkling about it! Face it, we all have ideas for places to travel to, events that take place there, and some events have to happen before or after others, which complicates the geography...

Long story short, let's not bother with a map until we're sure of where everything is.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re:  One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC)

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 am

Fire Emblem? What the heck? I thought I was the only person who knew that game exists...on this site, at least. Sad Now I'm dissapoint... *hangs head in corner*
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 am

I meant something of relative relation. As in, we know Tri-Star Town, Twilight Town, Asylum, and Synthisle are a part of this so which province is connected to the others? And I'd assume Traverse Town is a sort of trading hub somewhere in the middle... You know what? Everyone list the worlds that we already KNOW will be included, I'll add the worlds from KH 1, 2, and 3D (non-dreamworlds that is) and we can work from there.

I'd like to tackle this as a project for me to work on... Hell, we could use the standard world map as a place holder until we're totally finished.

For example,
 One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 7 Small_10

1. Asylum
2. Celestial Grounds
7. Traverse Town
8. Twilight Town
11. Synthisle
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:32 am

...Hrm. Well, I mostly planned on having events in either worlds that have particular environments (for example, I feel compelled to visit Agrabah), but some of these events will be serious battles that couldn't happen too close to a town; they'd be events where my party storms a fortress or attacks a gathering, And I usually envision these happening in rocky wastelands, but I should give them appropriate environments for their locations.

And, rest easy, Haar. My knowledge of FE is barebones, and mostly concentrated on Seisen no Keifu, the fourth game, with Sigurd (yes, I know about Celice). I was going to have it tie into a character's backstory... as in, his entire backstory will be from that country. And it'll be badass. But that's not the issue right now. Point is, you DEFINITELY know more about FE than I do. Also, feel free to make use of the FE country, since you know more than I do. But only after I introduce it, eventually.

Soooo... I hate to go off-topic, but I once made an RP that made maps useless. the POINT of the story was that the world was dimenionsally unstable, and would pretty much change whenever you weren't looking. You could set out on a week-long trek to a city, and the return trip might take an hour. However, it's mostly just to make things easy and obliterate the need for consistancy: do whatever's convenient. Not that it's a usable idea here...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:35 am

That's the thing though. I wasn't assuming they'd have the same enviroments as the ACTUAL locations. I was just using the world map as a sort of guidline, to figure out where everything is in relation to eachother, before drawing the actual map. (Which would be WAY down the road)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 am

No, uh... that's not what I meant. Otherwise, I'd have brought up the fact that Synthisle and Asylum are across the channel from everything else. I'm worried about how we'll be thinking of new locations, fitting in old ones, doing this as we go along.

...Also, I think Radiant Garden needs a spot. And Destiny Islands. DI would be in the opposite direction from Asylum, I imagine, relatively close to Twilight Town. Radiant Garden would be somewhat closer to Asylum and relatively far from Celestial Grounds... Probably a mid-distance from Twilight Town.

So...

10. Destiny Islands
6. Radiant Garden

...Bah, we'd have an easier time with a grid and coordinates than choosing dots on a map of Europe! I hate to say it, but I really don't think this is gonna work, even for a rough estimate. ...Thinking about it, I suppose it'd be easy to adjust the locations as neccessary, but the problem is the limited number of locations that have numbers, and their positions. Suppose I insert my FE country. Where would it go? I think it'd be approximately on the border between Europe and Asia, in terms of the map, but there's no dot for that. And it's supposed to be a huge country. Hell, given the nature of FE, several countries might be neccessary!
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 am

That was just an example. I have an entire world map that I'm plotting out at a readable size. I was going to post it as a seperate thread tomorrow... I don't know, I just find the idea of making a map for this entertaining... I may be slightly insane from lack of sleep...
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:31 am

Uh, another thread? I don't think it'd be a good idea to overload the section with topics... We've got three active RPs going with an OOC topic each, making six topics that are regularly used. Sort of.

Oh, and just thought I'd mention, Castle Restoration is another thing I'll be using. Betcha forgot it existed, didn'tcha!? Well, I imagine it'd be hidden in a remote place, kind of a parallel to Castle Oblivion being in the middle of nowhere, "hidden" in the sense that the location is unknown, and searching for it would take years.

...Okay, we need to wrap up the first "Episode" and get our plans in order. I originally had a plan to draw up a picture for each Episode, depicting a scene from it, but I'm not sure how well that plan would work.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 pm

To put things into perspective, this world is vastly larger than our own world.

It is so vast, that even still there are areas somewhat cut off from others naturally. Add to that the regions that are hidden away (Halloween town, Atlantica) and it just gets more confusing.

I would like to say that most of our OC worlds/main towns appear together on a rather large continent of no determinable shape. What matters about travel between to areas is the connection. Obviously CG and RG were connected as rival spheres of influence, marked by countless roads to other towns and regions between the two.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm tempted to say we should have something in TWTNW, but meh.

Also FE4 wasn't released in America, and I haven't played much of it, although I do know that the maps are absolutely massive relative to the rest of the series.

Note that by "Haven't played much" I mean "Have played almost nothing"
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

That's the reason I want to do this. What Maverick said, it's not exactly the map itself, i just want to establish which worlds are connected to eachother.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah, we definitely don't have enough info to make a full-on map, that would be insane. What we need to know is what worlds will be important, and what worlds are around them. That's enough for now, the map comes much, MUCH later.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Exactly why I made that numbered world map. I thought it'd be a convient way to establish each world's connections to the others.
 One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 7 World_11
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Well that doesn't work... The image hoster for the site won't hold the picture at the size I want it...
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 pm

imgur or imageshack.

Hell, even tumblr.

But don't embed the image. Just post the link.

Also, can't we just look at the actual KH maps?

We know Twilight Town is on the far right in the middle, I made it so is almost in the exact center of the realm of twilight. (Err, In-Between.)

Only be off center to be in the middle of Traverse Town.

So, on paper, and flat land, it would go:

Traverse Town, Astral Town_Tri-Star Town_Celestial City, Twilight Town.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Here's Kuroyuki currently.

https://i.imgur.com/dcaSl.png

One Sky, One Land, One Ocean. (OOC) - Page 7 DcaSl
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 am

Welp, I can't find a place to host the image at the right size... It's just too damn small...

I still think we need to figure out the various worlds connections... At least, the one's that we're using right at the moment... I'm assuming they are all fairly close?
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 am

They probably aren't more than a couple of days' worth of tavel time, on foot. Some, I bet, are a good deal farther away, like the more isolated worlds.

In other news, here's the prototype for the Dark Bloodline Family Tree!

http://nebulagregarzx.deviantart.com/#/d5qki1r

I dare you to even TRY to read the names on the chart! Even if you click on the picture to zoom in, it is futile! Muuuhuhahaha! ...Sorry about the handwriting, guys. There's an explanation for the family tree below the picture, so you can read that if you're confused. And plese, read it. I made a mistake in the chart that I forgot to correct before I was uploading it, and mentioned it in the description.

And there are a couple of questions I raised that I'd like answers to. Lookin' at you, Mr. Up. I'd have asked earlier by PM, but I only realized it when I was writing the description.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:26 am

Gah, too much epic artwork to look at, very nice work there. cheers
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 am

Thank! ^_^ Sorry about how Gunamnex turned out, though. I promise, I'll rectify that. I focused too much on the individual elements, and forgot to make it all fit together...

So, does the chart clean anything up? Having seen the chart makes the confusion I had before seem inconsequential, and I'm having trouble figuring out what had me so perplexed in the first place. Does it help everybody else, too? Don't worry, I'll have a fixed, higher-quality version soon enough.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:42 am

I didn't have much trouble reading any of the names. Except for [Item Shop girl], that one took me a while.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 am

Sorry 'bout that.

So, I'm thinking about introducing my next character early, before reaching Twilight Town. I just thought I'd introduce her, give the audience an idea of what she's like, and basically make her more credible when she DOES show up. Afterall, we can't expect somebody who showed up out of nowhere to be taken seriously.

EDIT: To be clear, I'd like your opinions on the idea. Whaddaya think? I'm a lot more cautious with this RP, and I'm not gonna write up a high-quality post, only to be told "NO! We HAVE to wrap up the CHAPTER FIRST, DELETE your POST!" ...Okay, you guys wouldn't be shouty about it, maybe a little venemous if I managed to piss you off, but within reason.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:27 am

Seems like a fine enough plan, just don't involve her before we have a general idea what she's capable of and we should be okay.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:44 am

Amazing! Perfection!

I really enjoyed you included Homura's older seven unseen sisters!

I can't exactly remember what name I gave Item Shop Girl. >_>

I don't wanna came up with a new name so I got some digging to do.

I hope you drew her name with a erasable ink so you can add her canon name.

Sorry for the lack of posts in the topics.

The only excuse I have is, "I liek Bleach". >_>

Now off to AEAPN! But before I go, go right ahead, Nebula.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Whats_Up4444 Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:06 am

Oh, sorry.

Surassu is the child of Yami. I didn't make this as clear. As for respect only called her Master Yami, even after her retiring, and not a Keyblade Master, but a teacher-Master. She still has the strength, and powers of a Master, but no longer has the title, nor duties as one.

I'm sure you can fix the whole "Kiryu-Galia" siblings issue. I didn't notice it and saw it as connected cousin.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next