TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

+7
khfreak358
NebulaGregarZX
Haar_Dragon
Aesoth
Eques tenebrarum
Malakili007
Robofloozy
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:19 am

Even if it is kinda empty, just throw in a few towns here and there. Let's not forget how barren the worlds in KHII are, as well as how sparse the towns are in the FF worlds.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 4 Empty Re: Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing?

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:24 am

I placed towns in what I believe to be good spots, I even thought of the gamers for one of the continents, placing small outpost towns as rest stops between dungeons. Little things like that. There's about 10 dungeons and and equal number of towns, but it'd be easier to explain once I scan it.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 am

I dunno, it sounds like it's shaping up rather than shipping out. As far as hacking goes, I know people use LunarMagic to hack Super Mario World, but I have no idea about other games. Just guessing by how it seems to work for Mario, I'd assume it works for other games, too, just a bit more complicated, given that this would need an entire overworld, so it would take some time to complete. Also, savestates. Bear in mind that people can and will abuse them.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 am

If it requires some kind of emulator to run, fine, I'll keep that in mind. And would you mind explaining the shaping up/shipping out comment? I've never heard that one before. ._. I'll give it a gander, but don't expect this to be done soon.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 am

Well, we'll have to see the map. And don't you think, maybe, instead of small towns, in some cases, a single cabin or cottage would suffice?

Hm, and character design... we need to decide on their personality, their function in battle, what animal they become, and their own backstories.

I'd personally get ahold of a program to use to make this game, but... I don't want to risk my personal tech support getting pissed at me for downloading anything. I can try to find a site for this kind of thing, and direct you to it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 am

I can certainly explain.

"Shape up or ship out" is a phrase meaning, essentially, "Get better or f*ck off". I used it in a different sense, as in "it's taking shape rather than just disappearing."
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:39 am

That sounds amazing. I had the idea to try and integrate branching weapon styles, with certain dialogue choices affecting what equips each character gets to use, or in Theo's case, fighting style. For Theo, he's a fisticuffs character, and depending on how the player reacts to certain criteria, they'll either get a brawler style (less accurate, slower, but more powerful, with less natural defense) or a boxer/wrestler style (more precise, faster, but less damage taken and received) and similar situations for each of the characters. I also decided to integrate a skill system so that the physical fighters each have their own advantages.

And thanks Haar. A little encouragement goes a long way. ^_^
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 am

No problem! It's what I'm here for...sometimes. The rest of the time it's just being random. Razz

Also, just real quick, I feel like I should mention that you haven't actually brought Xile back. Or anyone for that matter. What goes on? We're missing you over there.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 am

I realize, and I like how you write things that are just innately strange XD

And I've been waiting mostly for some opportunity to present itself, I'll deal with Xile tomorrow. And you can't miss someone who's never there most of the time XD
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 am

...You were, though. Ergo, we've been missing you. Also, I have four free characters. Two are in the woods, one is in the yard, and one is on the living room couch. Two of them are grieving, one is wondering why, and the other is completely oblivious. In order, that's Riku, Kazuya, Roxas, Sora, Riku, Sora, Kazuya, and Roxas. What a Face
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:58 am

Hold Roxas where he is, I'll have Xile interact with him... tomorrow. I'm beat as hell, need to study for finals next week, and I have a project for french that I'm going to half-ass between now and nine o' clock tomorrow. Thank god for vague instructions. Good night, y'all.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 am

Aight, good night, and best of luck.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 4 Empty The rather incomplete map.

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 am

Video Game Thread! What Game are you Playing? - Page 4 Map_zpsabfe25b6.jpg

Okay, so let me explain this a bit. You start with Theo in the top left continent, at the dot in the middle of the trees (the little lolipop looking things). The second town I mentioned is right next to the river, at the edge of the trees. You cross the bridge (the little Z looking thing), ignoring the exclamation point (cave) for now because people are guarding it. Heading to the last dot on the map, you find a port town and sail from there, to the mid-dot on the eastern edge of the top-middle continent. You travel north and recruit your first party member, while dealing with you first true actual boss.You make your way to the star/dot in the middle, where the council is. You make your way to the bridge, try to enter forest but can't, go to town south of it, recruit third member, now you can cross bridge to forest, once on other side you can go to either port, but the south one furthers the story. You travel to the one on the point of the bottom right continent, making your way to the next town, and then to the cave. Go to the star, then go north, then to the question mark (cave) and then to the eastern most point. The town northwest of it now becomes accessible, and you can now visit and gain the fourth potential member. Backtrack to the port, and then go to the southwestern-most continent, you can either go to the town down south (it's kinda hidden, sorry) or progress with story, if you choose to go ahead you forfeit the sixth character. To the northwestern continent, you go from town to town, making your way to the capital and then the northernmost town. Recruit fifth character, then back again (I know, backtracking sucks, but sorry). Go back to southwest, can now potentially recruit sixth and final member. Travel back to mid-north, to capital, fight off Caius's forces, go to south continent, do the same, and then finally make your way back to the blocked cave on the Northeastern continent. Proceed through, find a ship (whoo! No ports!) and then head north to the frozen Arctic-type continent where the final true boss awaits.

And that, gentlemen, is the longest post I have ever made on this site.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:10 am

... ... ...GrrrrrrrrRRRRRRAAAAAAGH! Why the hell can't I see the map!? DX< *Explodes into endless rage*

Rexial: *Ahem* Zeldaman, could you please try again? I don't think he'll calm down until he can see it.

*I bowl Rexial over in a fit of anger!*

Rexial: *Facedown on the floor* ...Please hurry.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

ShitshitshitSHIT! http://s1262.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShaneDelbont/media/map_zpsabfe25b6.jpg.html
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 am

*Instantly snaps back to lucidity* Hm, looks pretty small for a "World" Map. You did say it was incomplete, though. I think it needs a little bit more variety, too. The artic northern section you mentioned isn't on the map, is it? Hm...

I made two new character designs. One is a lion hybrid, with mane-like hair and a tribal look to him. Though I haven't worked out his personality - I thought you should see him and we could think of his role and such together - he looks pretty pissed. The other is a female soldier of some kind, probably a hybrid, but undecided, and I imagine she works with the hybrids' side, since I don't think any military force in the middle ages would employ a woman unless it were non-standard and couldn't afford to refuse any fighters.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 am

Bro... I kinda already got a lot of these characters planned out... Although I could use him as a major beneficial NPC. That would work well. If you'd like, I'll also get to posting the northern continent and the character bios.

Said continent is here : http://s1262.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShaneDelbont/media/map_zps24f9a9d7.jpg.html along with another island I hope to implement. The stuff bleeding in from behind is what I currently have complete of Theo's town, Torehn.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am

Oh, alright. My apologies, I was under the impression that you hadn't quite decided on most of the cast yet. Well, if there are any open slots that need filling, I'll be happy to make characters that fit. And, once the bios are up, I can work on drawing them so that it's easier to visualize them, and thus easier to make the Sprites for 'em.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am

It's all cool, I'll post them here in a minute when I don't have four chats going at once XD
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

Okay. Once I have the information, I'll bump their pictures up a few priorities; resources for a project get a liiiiiittle bit more priority than trying to draw Maverick's characters, even though they're the biggest badasses ever to show their faces on TITAL. It also goes above practicing a couple of other characters, but I'm afraid my Christmas picture needs to be done by the 24th, so that's in my ASAP list. Next to that, though, once I can, drawing your characters is top priority.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 am

Maverick's got some badasses, huh? I'll definitely have to check them out next time he posts. Now, for Theo:

Name: Theo
Race: Bear Hybrid
Fighting Style: A) Brawler B) Boxer
Personality: Typically laid-back, he is prone to fits of anger when pushed. Head-strong in his ideals, he fights to keep his people safe.
BG: Living with his family in the village of Terehn, Theo lives an everyday life, spending most of his time in the forest where he works most days: gathering fruits, catching fish, and cutting trees. His mother and farther usually stay home to tend to the house and Theo's little sister, Tessa. Theo also spars occasionally with long-time friend Daniel, when he has a free day. This is all wrecked when his entire town is burned to the ground by a group calling themselves the Humanitarian Crusaders. Theo then flees for the nearest town, Gaden, with Tessa and Daniel. A few other survivors meet them there. While collectively staying at an inn, Theo is apprehended by the Crusaders. Theo, in a rage about the slaughter of his own people, awakens to his Beast Form: Ursa. He incapacitates the soldiers, then leaves town.
Looks: 6' 2", strong, jutting jaw, low cheek bones, though his face has a trace of baby fat still. His eyes are a deep brown, and are mid-set. He has a smaller nose, mid-thick and mid-wide lips, with shaggy light brown hair, darker brown bear ears on top of his head. He sports a short, fluffy bear tail that juts from his pants. Typical clothing, aka, his outfit for the game, consists of a green shirt, light brown shorts, a pair of dark leather boots, and a rope belt.
Dialect: Rougher speech, though not overboard. Usually won't use words larger than three syllables.

Armor note: Wears lighter or medium-weighted armor, including greaves and bracers but typically no helm.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  lethalityComplex Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:57 am

@Kh I have the PAL version of KH 2, and that has a Critical Mode.
lethalityComplex
lethalityComplex
Skife, the Lux Ariolus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeldaman2.0 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 am

Getting Aqua Rake was SO worth it... OHKO'ed the Sandworm... HA! Anyway, onto my second character's bio.
Name: Lenea
Race: Dog Hybrid
Fighting Style: A) Broadswords B) Axes
Personality: Outgoing and lively, Lenea is a carefree spirit who routinely helps her town of Gohn with their monster problem. Tends to be blatantly flirty.
BG: Raised in Gohn, Lenea grew up the only girl of three kids, and was raised to be able to take care of herself and be independent. As such, she took an interest in being a town guard, going through training ahead of the rest of her peers. Her daily life conssts of either guard duty for the day, which isn't as monotonous and wearing to her as it is to the other guards, or spent at home training or spending time with her group of friends. Nights before she has a day off she tends to go drinking. Lenea, Theo's first party member, meets him at the local tavern in Gohn. After sharing a few drinks with him, (Theo being rather intolerant of liquor) she wakes him up the morning after he passes out. She offers to show him around town, and Theo accepts but stresses he needs to find the Council. She agrees, and just as the two meet up, the town is attacked by a rather large monster. Theo transforms, and Lenea transforms too during the fight. After learning Theo's true intentions after the fight, she joins him in his quest.
Looks: 5' 10", she's a bit shorter than Theo, but she carries herself with pride. She has bright blue eyes, soft cheeks, small lips and nose, strawberry blonde hair (typically in a ponytail or hanging loosely). Her dog ears res towards the front of her head and are wolf/fox styled. Her bust isn't very large as her form is more lean, though she does catch the attention of men with her hips. Typically dresses in a red vest, grey leggings and soft leather shoes. a tail matching her hair dangles behind her.
Dialect: Rather 'Southern', Lenea speaks a bit faster than some.
Armor note: While she can wear heavy armor, she feels more effective in medium armor. She sports a shield when she has a free hand.
Zeldaman2.0
Zeldaman2.0
Beta
Beta

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:34 am

See? Blue Magic DESTROYS when you know how to use it! And I'll start work on those drawings tomorrow.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoticDoctor Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:01 am

Borrowing my friend's copy of No More Heroes. IT. IS. AMAZING!!!!!
PsychoticDoctor
PsychoticDoctor
Epsilon
Epsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next