TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

2 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  SwampertOwnage Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:02 am

Dracoex, Devilbat and X all gave X2 rather befuddled looks, obviously not understanding what he was attempting to get at. "That's true... but I fear we lack the means here to do that, X2" the Judge said.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend - Page 3 Empty Re: Mega Man Zero Five: Part III - Five Stones, One Legend

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:14 am

"What about Innerpeace HQ? Doesn't it have any bombardment capability? Preferably enough to make a pinpoint attack on the enemies in this forest, or just cause a really large explosion outside of it? We may have abandoned that building, but I doubt they've occupied it. And if they have, then it's just a matter of sneaking through." The copy clarified. "We would also bring along enough Energy Crystals to power such ballistic weapons, since we cut the base's power supply before we all left."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:48 am

Dracox raised an eyebrow, while Devilbat gave X a questioning look. His arms crossed, X nodded slightly in agreement. "Yes... yes it is possible. While most weapons of the sort were banned by international mandate when Innerpeace was made, there was one experimental WMD that we could never find a safe way to dispose of. It was pretty much sixteen low yield nuclear bombs strapped to a rocket - an intercontinental ballistic missile, if you think about it - but much more sophisticated. This thing had a calculated blast zone of a thousand miles when it was fully operational, but a good 80% of it's destructive capacity had been defused. Though all that remains are the nukes themselves, if we can somehow get someone in there to detonate them..."

"But that brings us to another problem," the emerald swordsman said in reply, "How would we manage to infiltrate the supposedly now-infested-with-Hive base, set the charges upon the weaponry and escape without being vaporized, let alone doing so undetected. Phantom and Wraith would, of course, be our prime candidates for such a mission, but as we all well know, they are currently preoccupied with a task of their own."

Looking up after a few seconds of contemplation, Devilbat nodded. "...perhaps that is so, but if the undertaker of the mission were given enough Energy Crystals, perhaps they would be able to access the Transerver and utilize it to escape?"

"Hm..." X looked down, thinking over the variables and factors in the now-budding plan, then looked up with a grim smile on. "Last I knew when we left, the Transerver was in working order - just out of power. I doubt that Copy Elpizo's forces would have damaged it; who knows? They might even be using it." Bringing a fist down into his hand, he gave a small chuckle of relief. "At least we have a plan now. The question remains though; who'll be going on this trek?"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 pm

"I'm willing to go." X2 asserted, standing tall. "I wouldn't make somebody else go out and do something dangerous if it was my idea. I should see it through myself. Is anybody else coming? Anybody other than X." He added, looking at the once-machine apologetically. "As much as I'd like to have your support, you can't afford to be elsewhere right now, and if we screwed up and got ourselves caught in the blast... Well, my point is, I don't intend to fail this mission, but if I were to fail, I wouldn't want us to lose the war because of it."

<Alright, now, I have an idea. Could you send Zana and Salvie on a mission of their own while X2 is on his? Something like stealing supplies? Or, even, send them before X2's mission, to get supplies for said mission. That would probably be better. And, if various groups of Master E's forces are moving towards the destroyed base, wouldn't one of them, perhaps, run into the camp, and wouldn't that develop into a skirmish? The rest of the Mavericks would be occupied with the distraction, but the camp would have to deal with those enemies first. It's for Salvie's character development, so if we can plausably do it, let's, please.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 am

<Blarg. Sorry about not posting yesterday, Neb. I was gonna post, but then my computer went all wonky on me, and that took me an hour to fix it up again. Then I had to run out and help get my siblings to bed, but I forgot to put my laptop in sleep mode, and by the time I got back it had reached critical battery levels. And my father had taken my charger because he needed it. Just tonight even, it crashed on me twice when I tried to open up YouTube. In short, I need a new computer. T_T>

X took a moment to think it over, then looked back up at his copy before nodding. "...alright, I can't really argue with that, X2. Although before we can initiate this little operation of ours, we need to replenish our E-Crystal supply. The current amount we have here is already going to be used by the camp itself, so I think a bit of a raid is in order."

Devilbat spoke up, having a suggestion of his own. "One of our previous targets before we were reunited back in Area C was an Energy Crystal supply depot, not too terribly far from here. It was created to function as a refueling post for Copy Elpizo's forces, as while the Hive infests Reploids and Mechaniloids, it seems that they still require their usual dosage of Energy Crystals to function. It would make for a prime target, as the defenses would be light; Copy Elpizo never seemed to think much of our little resistance, and he has thankfully devoted his forces towards other goals."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:38 am

<Ergh, sounds rough. Well, remember, this isn't the RPFF Board on GameFAQs. We don't run the risk of having the topic locked or bumped off the list if we wait a few days to post.>

X2 nodded to the Judge. "Good idea. ...Er, well, I'm not really much one for stealth. Who will we send?"

"Hey, don't forget about us!"

Zana burst in, Salvie following behind her, chastizing her for eavesdropping. "You shouldn't hide outside and listen in on their meetings, Zana..."

"Whatever." Her friend shrugged. "You wanted to go on a mission, and they need to send somebody. Why don't we go together? I mean, you've gotten better... a little..."

"Thanks for the encouragement." The Chosen One for Model H muttered sarcastically.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 am

<I know. It's just... well, consider that a half-rant about this wretched computer that's been giving me grief ever since day one. And HP's stubbornness about not letting me utilize the warranty isn't helping, either. ...I'll shut up now>

The group was scarcely alarmed by the suggestion; after all, they were just recently added to the repertoire of the elite. Naturally they'd want as much action as they'd want, especially considering their young age. X nodded in affirmation, but added, "However, it's still rather risky even with you two together. Dracoex will be going with you, just to be on the safe side."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:30 am

"Right. And Salvie should be able to pull out and return at any time, if she can't go on." X2 added cautiously. "Her skills haven't developed the same as Zana's... if she can't handle it, she shouldn't be forced to endanger herself."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:02 am

There was unanimous agreement with X2's statement, and fifteen minutes later saw Dracoex leading the two young Mega Men out of the camp, back towards Area C. However, this time a different route was taken, mainly to evade the sure-to-be-present reinforcements that Copy Elpizo had sent in. After all, the resistance had taken out a whole battalion of tanks; obviously not something just some small group of lost and scattered survivors could accomplish.

<Can't concentrate. Headcold being a jerk. So have this scene opening for now. Hopefully it'll clear up completely soon>
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 am

Zana piped up after they watched a troop of Galleons march by their current hiding place. "So, run this by me one last time. What's our game plan?"

Salvie quietly groaned at her friend's lack of memory. "We are to break into their facility and retrieve a supply of Energy Crystals, preferably without detection. Getting caught would mean a battle, and I dislike the odds of three-on-three hundred. There is a way from the storage room to the roof of the building that houses it, so we can escape over the rooftops if any a fight breaks out. Other than that, I... don't exactly remember the layout of the facility." She admitted, looking at the ground.

"Don't worry!" Zana whispered encouragingly. "It'll all work out just fine, you'll see."

Her friend smiled appreciatively. "...Thanks, Zana."

<Make sure to rest. Don't stay up all night staring at any computer screens, okay?>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:56 pm

<Okay, the worst of it has passed. And I can say I didn't, Neb. Thanks>

Not long after Zana had her memory jogged by her partner, the group found them outside of a makeshift E-Crystal depot, which also seemed to serve as a repair station for both foot soldiers and their armored support units. It was fairly sized, around the size of the camp of civilians. Mostly comprised of whatever useful frame or materials that could be found in the area, the storage units for the Crystals themselves were guarded by a pair of tanks, as well as a medium sized contingent of Pantheon and Galleon Hunters. Multiple other armored vehicles were present, but they remained inert, possibly awaiting repairs. Peeking over the wrecked building wall which he and his team were hiding behind, Dracoex glanced about for their best viable angle of attack. Seeing the containers gave him an idea, and he turned back to the pair of Mega Men.

"I do believe that I have conceived a plan. 'Tis a risky maneuver, but I think it shall be our most prime chance to liberate those supplies. I will provide a distraction in order to draw away their attention from their charge, while you two commandeer one of the spare armored tanks nearby. We shall require it's strength to haul the amount of Energy Crystals we will need."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Zana tried to scratch her head, only to realize that she was wearing a helmet. "Er, who'll drive the tank? I dunno how to..." She looked expectantly at Salvie.

"M-me?! Uh, my apologies, but I don't know to drive a car, let alone a tank... You seem to have an easier time picking this sort of thing up." She looked down at her boots, staring at the green, plastic-like armor, thinking about how easily her friend had learned to use her Biometal...
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:53 am

<'Bout dang time I got back to this thing. <_< >

Dracoex furrowed his brow, partially annoyed with himself for forgetting the age and inexperience of his comrades, partially frustrated at the only real alternative he had to his previous plan. "...very well, we may have to make our move as a group. There is a problem, however; whilst this base is not swarming with our foes, there is fair enough to create a hassle for us should we not be swift enough. Therefore, we all will have to strike brutally, as well as speedily as we can muster ourselves to. Leave them no time to regroup and retaliate, so we may claim our prize."
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:56 am

Salvie looked up at Dracoex. "Wait just a minute, didn't you say that we would need a vehicle to transport the cache of E-Crystals? Perhaps the two of us could distract the host of Mavericks while you load one of their vehicles and get ready to escape with it. Do they have any trucks? A tank isn't exactly the best escape car..."

"...She has a point. How would we escape in a tank loaded with EC? And how would we load it if it's being used as a distraction? Yeah, your idea was kind of silly, in hindsight, Dracki." Zana nodded, crossing her arms. "Even ignoring the idea of us driving a tank."

<And, go figure, I realized that there were some holes in their plan. Nuts. And for plot reasons, I want Salvie to fight and be able to escape, and not be fighting alone. Whether it's with Zana or Dracoex doesn't actually matter, but Zana would create a better effect.>
<It's good to have you back. You missed all the "fun"! *Ahem* Nevermind, nothing important.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 pm

<I think that can be arranged>

Dracoex's face held a rather unimpressed look, which he kept while he responded. "Children, had there been another, more efficient method of transport, I would have selected that. However, a mere utility truck would not be able to break free of those walls, nor would it withstand any form of attack save for the weakest of arms fire."

"As for your plan... that is very risky. I doubt X would approve of my allowing to put your lives in jeopardy. Do you truly believe you can do so safely?"
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 pm

"Without a doubt!" Zana asserted. "It's just a bunch of Galleons, right? It's not like a Mecha-Scorpio is gonna drop from the cieling and try to kill us."

Salvie looked a little less sure, but steeled herself, nodding. I want to prove myself, and I can't do that if I don't fight. And if Zana's with me, I think I can handle it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 am

Dracoex, despite his heavy reluctance, eventually agreed to be the one to liberate the Energy Crystal stores whilst his comrades provided the distraction. "...very well. But do keep this fresh in your mind's front, young ones; speed is of the essence. Do not tarry for any reason once I break free of the encampment." So saying, Dracoex deftly jumped over the wreckage which they had been concealed behind, stealthily making his way towards the Crystal Depot.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:04 am

Salvie peeked out, looking for just the right time.

"...Now!"

Zana immediately fired off and Ice Dragon, commanding it to smash into the ground in the general area of the entrance to the EC Depot, shard of ice flying everywhere, impaling the guards and damaging several nearby Mavericks.

The two leapt out, immediately letting loose their best: Firing off Ice Dragons and... slashing that the air. Yeah, Salvie really needed to work on that one.

You are aware that you could attack with a slash w-

"Shut up, I don't need your help!" The Mega Man muttered, Model H giving an irritated huff in return.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 am

The response to the attack was only hindered slightly by the brutality of Zana's opening blow, and soon almost every Galleon and Pantheon was on the scene, filling the area in which the two were in with a storm of weapons fire. Meanwhile, Dracoex had successfully utilized the chaos as planned, making it over to the E-Crystal depot. It was not long before one of the tanks on standby had roared to life, careening over Mavericks and structures alike in it's mad rush to escape with the Crystals, their container now hitched to the tank's rear end.

An explosion, generated from a round from the tank's cannon, blasted a hole in the outer wall of the depot large enough for the tank to make a getaway, yet despite this the Mavericks kept their focus on the two young Mega Men who had invaded their camp. Apparently the Hive controlling them did not like having their peace disturbed.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 am

The Mavericks rushed the two Mega Men, trying to overwhelm them. Zana was easily cutting down wave upon wave of them with her massive Ice Halberd, but Salvie was finding it diffcult to fight.

She couldn't seem to move her body the way she wanted to, and none of the techniques she knew were good for anything but one-on-one confrontation. "Ugh..." The Model H Chosen One moaned, beginning to realize how dangerous the situation was... or, rather, the reality of it setting in. Salvie was in an enemy camp, surrounded by Mavericks who were filled with the singleminded desire to end her life, being overwhelemed by sheer numbers, and unable to handle more than one machine at a time.

Worse still, she was actually holding her friend Zana back. The Model L Chosen One could wipe the floor with these peons fairly easily, but Salvie would be caught in her swings if she weren't careful, and in this situation, distraction was one thing they couldn't afford.

Continuing to refuse to listen to her Biometal's advice, the girl kept fighting for a little while longer before realizing how pointless it was. She stood no chance, was a liability, and did nothing but hold her friend back. Recalling what X2 had said earlier, she absentmindedly kicked a Galleon Hunter away -the most effectual of her attacks yet, sadly enough- and looked back the way they had come. Salvie had the option to return to the camp, and this was exactly the situation from which she needed to retreat.

"...Sorry, Zana, but I'm pulling out. I can't keep this up, and I'm only getting in your way..."

Zana knocked back several more Mavericks, looking at her friend incredulously. "Don't be silly, you're-"

"-A burden? Don't try to sugarcoat it, I know I can't fight as well, and I'm stopping you from going all-out. If you swung that weapon the way it was meant to be wielded, I would be suffering as much as your enemies."

"B-but...!" She tried to argue, unable to come up with a response while staving off the Hive-infested machines.

Salvie pushed her way out of the skirmish, making a dash for the forest, trying to escape. Zana followed her until they were both clear of the crowd, baring her Ice Halberd menacingly. "...Okay, if you really wanna go, I'll keep them back."

Nodding, the Model H Chosen One sprinted into the cover of the woods, muttering one last phrase as she slipped into the darkness.

"I guess the only thing I proved... was that I'm no good at this...!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 am

<Sorry about the inactivity again, Neb, but I'm feeling really drained as of late. Long story short, we're in the middle of a familial crisis at the moment, and my inspiration has been in the rut because of it>

Five minutes was all it took for Dracoex to pilot the tank and it's towed luggage into a safer area, but no sooner than he had parked it was he out of the seat and running back to the field, not sparring the horses to reunite with his comrades.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

<S'fine, just don't let yourself get too stressed out.>

Salvie had gotten away without incident, and was now making her way back to the camp, the color of her armor making her stand out a little less. Glumly, she thought to call Dracoex and tell him of the situation.

["...Sir Dracoex? My apologies, but I... I couldn't keep up in the fight, so I had to run. Zana was holding them off last I saw her. I'm on my way back to the camp right now. Do you have any additional orders for me?"]

Meanwhile, Zana was tearing right through the Mavericks, not showing any signs of slowing down just yet. And the enemies had begun to realize that they weren't about to win this one. Not that it would stop them from trying their hardest, of course, but the Mega Man was just too powerful, even with her lack of experience. Her Ice Halberd still cut right through them several at a time, and they never got close enough to hit her.

"I can't believe this! I never knew Biometal was so powerful... Hehe, it helps that I didn't know about Biometal until yesterday."

<Oh, yes, I'm working on the designs for Salvie and Zana. I've drawn Salvie without her armor, and part of Zana sans armor.>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm

<Four days. FOUR DANG DAYS. Ugh, at this rate I'll be surprised if I can even manage to get to the end of this thing. Don't get me wrong; I have every intention to. It's just I feel like Knux did towards the end of the ZXA RP. I'm thinking my inspiration will pick back up once we complete this story arc, though. I hope>

Already running back to Zana's location, Dracoex responded to the Model H Mega Man over their comm. ["If it was a necessary and strategic retreat Salvie, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Fall back to the camp, and I shall see to Zana's safety."]

Upon reaching the remains of the Supply Depot, Dracoex thrusted over the wreckage with his Wyrm's Flight, swinging his blade in an arcing slash as he rose above the battlefield. The motion fired off a storm of crescent shaped blades, each one of them either slicing through or impaling several of the Pantheons and Galleons surrounding (but losing to) Zana. Landing a fair distance from the Mega Man, just enough to allow her full swinging room with her Ice Halberd, Dracoex assured himself of Zana's well being. She certainly is fine. In fact, one could say her skills are almost on par with miss Leviathan herself. Still, she is young. It is for the best I aid her in clearing the rest of this rabble.
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Zana didn't miss a beat cutting down Mavericks. "Hey, Dracky! Thanks for the help, but is Salvie alright? She wasn't followed, was she?" She was much more concerned about her friend than the parasitic machines trying to swarm and kill her.

<In regards to the ZXA RP, that's how I feel, too. But in regards to this, we're just moving kinda slow. I don't blame you; if you need inspiration, try replaying some Mega Man games, or playing a new one. Y'know, when you have time. My brain tends to focus more on one thing for a period of time, making it harder to work on anything else. If I don't feel like writing Mega Man ZX stuff, I won't write as well. If I play the game, though, and don't get bored and stop after thirty minutes, I become immersed, and then my focus shifts to it, making the writing easier.

In fact, now I feel like I should play ZX again myself. I'm a little lacking in inspiration at the moment, too.

Agh, I'd opt to switch perspectives, but we need to finish two more missions before we can do that...>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  SwampertOwnage Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 am

Bringing his blade down in a vertical arc, Dracoex severed one half of a Galleon Assault's body from the other before doing the same two three others behind it, the shining metal of his sword flashing like a wisp of a dragon's fiery breath. "Yes, your comrade is safe. I saw that she made it back to the refuge with nary a foe to tail her path. Hya!" Five Pantheon Hunters fell into shards as the Emerald Reploid dashed forward with a Noble Strike, dash-slashing through them with the refined ease of a four century old warrior.

<Did so, and that helped. Thanks for the suggestion. And don't feel bad about not being able to switch. Once they finish business here, X can go on his mission, and then we'll be back in business>
SwampertOwnage
SwampertOwnage
Sigma
Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next