TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Org. XIV (OOC)

+15
khfreak358
Zeldaman2.0
PsychoticDoctor
lethalityComplex
ARanger
Malakili007
Maverick Entity
XGeass
Shadow۩witch
Eques tenebrarum
Whats_Up4444
13th
TwilightAeon13
Skazzasurf
AKeybladeYouSay
19 posters

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Org. XIV (OOC) - Page 34 Empty Re: Org. XIV (OOC)

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Lance doesn't really have outer world surveillance. Maya has connections to Olympus Coliseum but she doesn't remember/doesn't care. I'm not exactly sure what my specific purpose in these events are but I'd love to help keep things rolling.
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Well, Org XIV is supposed to be an organization, right? So maybe it's time to show that they are one? Like with relief efforts, organizing a rescue crew, etc o_O

Also, I was asking about scouts/intelligence network because they would be imperative in letting Lance know what happened and such XD
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:24 pm

An organization with thirty members, half of whom are either retired or missing, with the other half checking their assignments once a day at best. While I've been implying that they've got other people working for them, there's not really enough for a proper crew. It's made up of remnants of the people who lived on that world before bad things happened. I would imagine that the boss had been recruiting more people to work for him over time, but even then, their reach is limited.

Honestly, the organization hasn't functioned very well as an organization. Rexial and Lance are literally the only people who actually do missions regularly, and that's mostly off-screen. Most of them just have their own problems to deal with, or go out and handle problems as they find them, not as they're informed about them.

...Though, I'm kind of tempted to re-organize things a little. Have Xeromus re-number everyone and create a clear structure for the group... Make it feel like a fresh start. I suppose I could justify it as Xeromus really getting serious about the group in response to this new threat... In fact, I'll go through with it unless I get objections.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I actively approve of this restructuring...though my guys are going to end up with ridiculously high numbers as a result, what with one being elsewhere, another being barely present, and the third...being Aaron and probably actually doing things, but nobody really cares about him, right?
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon
Terra, the Vir who Convelli Telluris

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:56 pm

The issue is that I don't know which members have simply dropped off the radar. Some of them are deceased, some of them disappeared, and some retired, but there are some whose users just aren't on. Like, should Xelo and Caxom still be part of the group? What about Lexaxa and Joe?

I'd like to keep Tony, R, MiM, Texers, and Rexers around, but aside from Tony, they're basically throwaway characters made by either Skazza or Yusei. Their roles will be more off-screen anyway.

I'm aware that Nori and Norio retired, but did Josephine also retire? Since Yusei basically quit, I can assume she did. What about Susan? Is she just on maternity leave, or is she retiring? Or is she going to continue fighting anyway? What about Zane?

I'm also moving some characters around to different divisions of the organization. Since Tony, for example, is a craftsman, rather than a fighter, he's part of the technical division. I need to know who will and won't be there, or I can't number things properly.

This is the going list I have. It contains the members' previous number as well, and omits any members who have retired.

Re-Organizing Plan XIV:

Combat Division
---Xeromus(I)
---Rexial(II)
---Aleri(II)
---Siks(III)
---Kotank(V)
---Dispatch(VI)
---Zane(XI)
---Aaron(XV)
---Nathan(XVI)
---Susan(XVIII)
---Daniel(XIX)
---Gentex(XXII)
---White(XXIII)
---Xelo(XXIV)
---Caxom(XXV)
---Lexaxa(XXVI)
---Joe(XXVII)
---Ichiro(XXVIII)
---Lance(XXX)

Technical Division

---Tony(IX)
---Texers(XX)
---Rexers(XXI)

Intelligence Division

---R(XIII)
---MiM(XIV)

Unnumbered

0---Thalia
0---Vita

Deceased/Missing

---Alex
---Kizukanai
---Maxgen
---Eira
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin (HalcyonWandering) Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:31 am

The thing about Synthisle's current infrastructure is that its rather limited as far as Lance is concerned. He doesn't know who's going where and what's been happening while he was gone yet considering he's spent literally less than a day out of the Realm of Darkness. XD
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin (HalcyonWandering)
Admin
Admin

https://tital.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:50 am

Well, Dispatch is elsewhere at the moment, and Aaron is just kinda there doing...probably something, but since nothing plot-relevant has happened in two in-universe years, nothing. Daniel drifts in and out, and Ichiro...lives in a cave and was something of a mistake on my part. Joe just plain isn't a serious character and I forgot he exists. We can just pretend he went back to his homeworld off-screen.

Since we have an official statement of retirement from Skazza and something as good as one from Yusei, I vote to retire their characters as well. If either of them changes their minds, they should be allowed to, so no deaths, of course, but I think just having them resign would do just fine.

As far as actually keeping the characters you want to keep around...well, that was why I put up the alt topic that has since been irrelevant, but beyond that...I think whoever thinks they know the characters best should take semi-temporary control, especially considering Tony is an important part of the organization...or at least, he should be, were he not ignored.

Now, I'm definitely open to other people's ideas, since I don't like the thought of doing things with characters without their authors' consent, but I don't really see another realistic option when we consider that most of these characters have had no real closure in this regard...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:42 am

Alright, having factored that in, removing characters that have been completely retired from the story or just the group, and putting others on an "away" list...

That leaves twelve people.

...And that's including the extra characters who are being kept as support members.

Only seven dedicated fighters. Well.

Combat Division (7)
---Xeromus(I)
---Rexial(II)
---Aleri(II)
---Siks(III)
---Kotank(V)
---Dispatch(VI)
---Lance(XXX)

Technical Division (3)

---Tony(IX)
---Texers(XX)
---Rexers(XXI)

Intelligence Division (2)

---R(XIII)
---MiM(XIV)

Away (8)

---Zane(XI)
---Aaron(XV)
---Susan(XVIII)
---Daniel(XIX)
---White(XXIII)
---Xelo(XXIV)
---Caxom(XXV)
---Lexaxa(XXVI)

Some of the people who are away are only on the list because I'm not sure of their status. Susan should be on maternity leave, you said Aaron ran off somewhere, White had some kind of ambiguous resolution that may have implied that he's gone, you left Daniel somewhere, and we haven't heard from Xelo, Caxom, or Lexaxa. As for Zane, well, we ought to ask What'sUp about whether he'll continue to fight.

I'd like to get a little bit more information, but technically we can proceed with what we have. If I've made a mistake, then it'll be corrected when, say, a character asks why they're no longer a member of the group.

Last edited by NebulaGregarZX on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:53 am

...I think something should be said when an Organization has 30+ members and less than half of them are actually present. I just don't have the words...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:57 am

Wait- Dispatch is away, too, on training. He'd be on the away list, too. So that's eleven people.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Well, he'll be back soon...ish. Like, probably two story arcs from now soonish. Maybe one and a half, we'll see.

Also, in regards to Storm's newest post...Hades kinda can't die. He is immortal. I remember the movie pretty distinctly, specifically the moment when Hercules is about to die, and then he's suddenly immortal, because screw science. In short, the reason was that he'd become a god, and thus...the same thing would apply to Hades. Granted, I'm talking about the movie and not the KH universe, but then again, nothing truly fatal happens to him in the KH universe either. Even when you beat him for your second OC visit, he doesn't really die, per se...

Not to say that it's a major unfixable screw-up (actually, I see an extremely easy way to fix it that would only require changing about two sentences), it's just something inconsistent that kinda bothers me.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 pm

I think so, too. And even if the idea is that this enemy can kill immortal beings... our characters aren't immortal. It just means it's a threat to characters it normally wouldn't be. Our characters may be physically stronger and more combat-able than Hades, but they're most certainly mortal. So... my point is, antagonists don't have to be able to kill gods just to be a threat. It kinda cheapens the whole immortality schtick.

Don't get me wrong, it adds to the intensity, but I think you're ramping it up a little too much a little too early. X-Sigma might have been able to kills gods, since he was going to destroy the universe, but the main characters COULDN'T stop him. It took their strongest forces, exploitation of the enemy's arrogance, and a ton of luck just to wear him down, and even then it took the intervention of a god to finish the fight.

So, while our characters are extremely powerful, they're not THAT powerful. I had another idea for a threat, too, one that plays on their complacency instead of clashing with their strength: Heartless that can hide from one's sixth sense. Think about how much the characters tend to rely on sensing where the Heartless are. They're confident that an area is safe without sweeping it because they don't feel the presence of Heartless. So what if that one ability is taken away? The characters will have to find ways to work around it. Some of them might still be able to sense the Heartless, if they have incredibly strong sixth senses, but for the most part...

...Yeah. I mean, I can implement this idea whenever, but it's preferable that it be when we need to spike the tension. Doing it right now, for instance would be pretty dumb. And it would just come off as "Hey, by the way, this is a thing now. Expect it." instead of some terrifying change in one of the main enemy types.

My GOD do I talk a lot! DX
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:14 am

I actually thought about it hard before writing that up.

See, I'm not a fan of the Disney interpretation of the God concept and while I do respect that it's kinda part of the Universe... I think making the Gods actually being killable brings up the stakes quite a bit. Think about it for a second, the Olypian Gods aren't almighty and Hades has been defeated multiple times.

That being said, I have researched extensively on the Greek Mythology (among others) before putting this into action. The Gods in the Greek Mythology can be wounded and in some depictions, actually killed. So that got me thinking... what if Gods here can be killed, just that it's too difficult for mortals and a hassle for Gods? It'd give a rude awakening to all the immortals and as well as putting out a message: Anyone can die.

In many mythologies, Gods can be felled and I thought maybe it was time for the KH ones to see that they're not as untouchable as they would believe. It could even have far-reaching implications for them, especially their followers. If the Gods protecting them can be slain, can they truly still be called Gods and worshipped? o.O

Hmm, I dunno about my line of thinking though.

We could discuss it a little more and settle on something? I mean, the Gods can probably restore the Olympus Coliseum in an instant so I'd have to change locations and stuff as well. Either way, I'm open to discussions and stuff.

Who knows, we may actually shift to something even more awesome Very Happy
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 am

Well, here's the thing, and Nebula touched on it before: the Greek gods can die. So what? Our guys can die anyway, and it's not as if they aren't used to life-threatening situations. Yeah, they can die. They know that. At least one person HAS died. So to kill Hades...really means nothing to them. It means Hades is dead. That is all. The other thing that bothered me about it was...it's Hades. What happens when he dies? He goes to the Underworld...where he already is. So dying means nothing to him, either.

What I can see happening with Disney Hades, though, is if we get this god-killing force, and he figures that since he can't really die, being the king of the Underworld and all, he can use this force to kill the other Disney gods, thus making them his subjects, forced to obey him. Just a thought to make him...more than just semi-threatening.

And one last thing: I don't mean to sound like a d*ck or anything, but it doesn't really matter whether any of us like the Disney portrayal. It's the one that is in use by the KH series, and by extension, us. Do I like the idea of them being unbeatable? No. That's ridiculous and in our situation makes for extremely non-climactic fights that are ultimately pointless. But the fact that they can't die is...well, just how they are, and changing that goes beyond the scope of "creative liberties" and into the realm of "making sh*t up."

Also, the way I was mentioning earlier about fixing it? Rather than killing Hades off, do what Sora and co. do in the game: Beat him senseless and have him stagger into the pool of evil black goo of evil, and perhaps assimilate him in some way. I can imagine this being something like what you're describing in the sense that it can easily beat them and turn their abilities against their subjects, as well as take them off the playing field, but without the whole killing-the-immortal bit.

...Holy crap I had a lot to say. Apparently when I have a bunch of points to talk about, I go into essay mode...
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:01 am

Well, my last post got messed up, so I'll keep this brief.

Killing the Greek gods isn't worth it. It has serious implications on the setting of the story, but not really much impact on the characters. Name one main character who actually spoke with any of them.

It shifts away from the source material in a way that's not really beneficial. We can raise the stakes in other ways, without having deicide thrown around.

And the big issue here is that what you're really doing is breaking character. We try to keep any canon characters as much themselves as we can. It's not in character for a god from Hercules to die, especially Hades. And I don't know if he would even go down that way.

I really don't think this idea will work, but I'm willing to hear further argument for it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:50 am

@All: Alright, I'm diving into my explanations here so it can get a little heated. It's basically just my thoughts on the whole situation and some suggestions moving forward.

Here's the thing about stories... the characters only form one part of it. You can't just have the characters drive the plot, the plot needs to drive the characters. The settings, histories and events are what sets the Heroes/Villains on their path. To say that it doesn't affect the characters directly is true but the implications is what counts. Character driven plots are good and all but in an RP, the plot has to play an important part in uniting the goals of the RPers. What I'm trying to do is to set up an overarching plot that can in effect, unite the goals of the RPer (stop this threat) and also being flexible... anyone can join to fight the small fries.

Looking through the character lists, we have a vessel of darkness that's essentially immortal and nigh unbeatable when serious. Heck, even the bio puts a theoretical defeat would upset the entire balance of the Universe. It means that's he far and beyond a person - He's a literal conceptual being. Another is a vessel of Chaos, also incredibly strong and is probably close to the demi-god if not a literal one if Chaos ever takes over.

That's only the tip of the iceberg.

I guess that's why I was predisposed towards the idea of a villain actually able to slay Gods. After all, if we have a new villain that pisses one of the main characters off, what's to stop that character from just opening a Corridor of Darkness to the guy and just offing him? None of them would have an issue with the first few designs I came up with because all of them are just that powerful. Of course, I do have plans for those guys I made... An organization that makes use of pure cunning and sly schemes to outwit the good guys, hmmm....

Ad aside - Maybe I've been going about this wrong. My aim isn't to make an invincible villain/antagonist but rather one that is actually a credible threat and actually... well, strikes fear into the main good guys. As it stands... -sigh-. Haar's suggestion of absorbing the Gods actually sounds like a better idea and I think I could work around it. The Gods being unkillable was never explicitly stated in the Disney, just that ascending to Godhood protected Hercules from the River Styx. I always assumed that it just made them immortal in the sense of eternal youth and near invulnerability to conventional ways of dying.

I could make it a scary point and have the Gods not intervene because of this. o__O! I mean, if this guy supposedly took out Hades, what's to say he won't do the same to them? And maybe the villain doesn't really destroy them... just their physical bodies and absorbs them into the black mud of doom and once he's defeated, the God's can reconstruct themselves?

Hmm... possibilities. Back to the drawing board! I'll erase my previous post first.
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:17 am

Hmmm... you've caught my interest, now, too. Both of the ideas, I mean, for threats.

As for said vessel of Chaos, he recently broke his leg. Which also broke another major fighter's arm. And the concept-of-darkness guy could theoretically kill himself just by putting out all his force. The thing about him is, actually, I'm working on believable ways to tone him down... How do you stop a guy who's able to move faster than anyone else, whose attacks are hard to deflect even for tougher opponents, and on top of all that, is immortal? My idea is actually to get him into a body, eventually, so that at least limits how much he can move, how much he dishes out, and how much he can take. Though he can be temporarily detained pretty easily, since he's one of the few people with the authority in the organization to, say, send out rescue crews.

A lot of my own ideas about how to make things less easy involve taking away previously-effective things. Dark Corridors were something that only a few people ever thought to use in ways different from inter-world transport; people rarely even use them as shortcuts from one point on a world to another point in the same world. Plus, some areas are established as having the ability to nullify corridors; it's simple enough to make the villains' presence able to nullify them. Getting to them would be much harder, and running away would be, too. I mean, corridors are already pretty iffy about how they work. Making them less functional would have a huge impact, and I'm kind of interested in seeing how all the characters could adapt.

Hm. Let's see if I can actually think of something particularly helpful, instead of just rambling... Hrm. Well, keep in mind, their forces are pretty strong, but few in number. If they're spread thin, then that makes things much harder for them, especially in a setting where friendship makes people stronger. Also: given how effective a villain Xehanort is, having an enemy group that relies more on cunning sounds like a pretty good idea. And I'll just make sure that I'm clear about the my feelings on the absorbing-the-gods thing. That, I like. Something about killing them grinds my gears.

Sorry for making this all so complicated, but some interesting ideas came of it.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:42 am

Some interesting ideas indeed. -Deep in thought-

The thing about darkness is that it can never truly be destroyed. Light and dark must coexist as the natural cycle. By having a single person embody it, you're having a guy who literally has existence in the palm of his hands.

That's pretty bad and broken, imho. I doubt giving him a physical body solves the problem as well. Concepts are... well, concepts. They don't die or disappear. They simply are. Destroying a physical body simply means he'll revert back, wouldn't he? And he has shown to have had immense willpower.

The only way I would could envision him actually getting hurt is by attacking his soul directly but even then, if killing him upsets the universe then there's only one word to describe him: Invincible.

Moving on, I doubt a broken leg would stop Lance much either so I really need to plan this out well.

Some thoughts:

- The enemy could disrupt the dark corridors like you said. Maybe make them temporarily inaccessible by say... destabilizing the dimensional fluxes of the corridors? Not just dark ones but all in general
-Splitting up their forces sounds brilliant. Divide and Conquer... Hmmm...
- The new 'villains' I'm thinking of might not truly be villains. Maybe they are using more extreme methods for a just cause that could cause a rift in Org XIV.

Just some food for thought for now. I'll be working on my post Smile
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:06 am

That it's bad and broken isn't really an opinion, it's pretty much true. The 'bad' part can be argued, but, well, I'm not gonna argue against it, and he's my own character!

Honestly, the situation with Rex is just complicated and weird, along with everything in the story that happened around that time. We're still figuring out what the hell happened. Though, looking at the events, Rex does not embody the concept of darkness. He temporarily had all the darkness in the universe going through him, and there are some known exceptions, like Kanra. So... I don't think that he really embodies darkness so much as it's easier to say that than to explain the situation, because it's kind of stupid. Of course, that's not changing the fact that his death would probably have an effect on things, since he'd still be a pretty big deal, having basically connected himself to everything, ever, by accident.

I'd actually really appreciate alternate interpretations on what he is, and how that relates to everything else. Because I don't think there's ever been a case where he's done anything that only the essence of all darkness could do, so it's not like he's proven himself as such. Though I really like the idea that Rexial is basically Nyx. It makes me laugh. Still, not really a good idea for a story, so we should change it.

Oh, but he does feel pain. That's... something. At least he can hurt.

I'm annoyed that I'm rambling about my character and putting up lame defenses for him, but I guess his existence is a big enough threat to the story that he needs to be dealt with carefully.

...Ah, did I call them villains? My bad. I meant to use "antagonists", as it's vaguer, and I don't know anything much about them.

The idea is that Lance is just being slowed down. It's meant to shift his fighting style so that it relies more on strength and resilience, rather than using speed. I think.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Alright, edited. Feel free to take a look and see if it's ok. Very Happy

For Rexial... I dunno. I'll need to read back to see what exactly was done with him to give an alternate interpretation. The simplest would be he was simply mistaken or misguided about what he was the entire time but maybe that would be a little too simple.

The first main antagonist I'm introducing isn't from any Disney franchise, so I'm pretty much using broad stokes here. He won't be much in terms of negotiations and stuff because this one is now just Ax Crazy. A good change of pace for once. o__O

Feel free to suggest any ideas and keep the story rolling guys Very Happy
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:58 pm

*Reading...*

...I like it. Something about the phrasing in one early paragraphs felt off, but that's a minor detail. Seems like you were writing for a more serious depiction of Hades, and I think it worked. Though, if he interacts with anybody he would consider beneath his notice, he'd probably act the way he usually does in Hercules.

As for that event, you can't really look for it, since it happened completely off-screen. All that was described was how he woke up after being comatose, with context and OOC being the only way to know what happened. I can describe the situation in better detail for you, if you'd like. Some details have been added and changed over time, including the possibility that something sinister was involved with the complete bull- cutting myself off before I go into rant-mode again.

...We have a Saiyan, a Wookie, a woman with a mechanical arm, a Jedi... I think we're pretty okay with branching out to other sources. I just don't like twisting the existing sources to be completely different. I mean, imagine if Mickey were turned into a character that would fit in to, say, Skyrim. And while I'd argue that X-Sigma was axe-crazy... he was too civil to really be called that, insane, willing to destroy everything for the hell of it, but he could hold a conversation.

As for keeping the story rolling, I've actually got two characters waiting on somebody. I'll let it be a surprise. But, uh, thing is, one of those characters is Vita, so she can't go to Olympus Coliseum as I planned and have her see the damage, call for assistance, and help out. All we have going on right now is Rex weakly trying to keep Maya from doing anything crazy, Lance and Wayne talking, and Haar's new characters looking around for Gummi blocks. Possibly.

Also, this means the only characters I have who aren't busy are my non-main characters, like Xeromus. While I could have him receive reports on the situation, I- just had an idea. He could know, Vita would check in with him, say she's going to Olympus Coliseum, and go while cutting him off before he can talk. He assumes she's aware of the situation, making it possible for me to write a scene of him learning about this without- no, that won't work. He'd send crews immediately, so they would already be there. But then again, Vita arriving after the crews do would still work.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Okay, this I like better. Because as much as this Hades likes to debate, negotiate, and generally laugh, I can't see him mocking a legitimate threat. And the fact that he's less killed and more just tossed aside like a sweat-sock is both fitting and amusing.

As for Rexial...I always kinda thought he was just sort of made of darkness. Like a Heartless but without the Heart. And if he was killed, he'd just kinda do the Pureblood Heartless thing and just sort of die. Whatever made up his being would return to the RoD.

Alternatively, something similar to Vanitas: His body is a physical manifestation of Al's darkness, and killing him would result in potential major de-stabilization of Al.

Granted, I haven't really read any of the Rex-related exposition lately, so these are just the simplest conclusions my mind could draw given what's happened since then.
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:14 am

Ah, crap, you reminded me that the situation is even more complicated than I thought. Yeah, explaining Rex could take a while. I can probably explain it in my usual, long-winded way, but it IS complicated. Perhaps I could best explain it in the form of a timeline?

-Aleri becomes the Nobody, Rexial.

-Rexial develops the beginnings of his own heart and sense of self.

-Rexial acquires his old heart and forces it back into himself.

-Rexial gets his ass kicked to the moon. That is to say, he is sent flying to the edge of existence. He is left comatose.

-BULLSH*T HAPPENS! That is to say, the seven Keys to the Kingdom arrive at Kingdom Hearts with Organization XIV, Org.XIII shows up, they all fight it out, and the good guys win.

-More bullsh*t. The seven Keys somehow banish all the darkness in the universe.

-All that darkness flows through the edge of existence, where Rexial is. He consequently takes in some, or all of it.

-Most of it leaks out of him while he sleeps.

-Rexial awakens, noticing the difference, and goes back to the castle. He begins to hear voices in his head.

-Rexial hears the situation and realizes what probably happened. The voices get worse.

-There is a Heartless attack, which shows that there's darkness again.

-Rexial blames himself for his accidental saving of the universe, since banishing it would have probably made everything collapse. The voices progress to the point of interfering with his thought processes.

-Rexial's ability to fight falls behind, and he feels useless. The voices reach the point of being unbearable.

-Rexial releases his own heart in a fit of madness. He manifests as a Heartless.

-Aleri wakes up in his body, with no memory of anything that happened. He is chosen by the Keyblade, and becomes particularly light-aligned.

-The two meet and end up fighting. Aleri accidentally re-absorbs Rexial into himself.

-Rexial no longer hears the voices, and becomes a voice in Aleri's head, himself.

-The two butt heads internally as time goes on, and there is a buildup of energy from the conflicts in their wills, their opposing light/dark energies, and the fact that there are two hearts inside of one person.

-Aleri and Rexial come to terms with each other, but grow more unstable as a whole. The buildup of energy threatens to kill them.

-Aleri forcibly ejects Rexial from himself, Rexial taking all of the darkness between the two with him. Rexial is able to manifest physically, and rejoins the group as his own person.

-Aleri starts to actually get character development.

I left out a few irrelevant details, like most of the story and pacing. :P Y'know. But that should give a decent idea of what the deal is with Rex. I think. I might have missed something, it's possible.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX

Back to top Go down

Post  Haar_Dragon Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:20 am

So...Aleri absorbed the majority of the darkness in the universe, and was Light-aligned. Then just kind of spat Rex out. So Rex is simultaneously Al's darkness...and a crapload of the rest of it.

...I feel like we should try to explain what the hell actually happened at Kingdom Hearts. Because clearly, whatever the Keys were supposed to do, they definitely didn't do. Because Heartless still showed up afterwards. And Aaron wasn't...y'know, obliterated...holy crap, did we do ANY of that sequence right?!
Haar_Dragon
Haar_Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormwolfex Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:59 am

The eagerness of youth, some might say... XD

Either way, feel free to post and let's get things started!
Stormwolfex
Stormwolfex
Omicron
Omicron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum