TITAL: Together If They All Lived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronicles of a Wayward Traveler

3 posters

Go down

Chronicles of a Wayward Traveler Empty Chronicles of a Wayward Traveler

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 am

First off, this is just a personal topic, one for me to write in from time to time. It is basically the memoirs of Roland Kraus' journeys through the original world. In these memoirs I'd like to bring a sense of how it was before the Great Keyblade War, what Roland was like as a simple traveler, before he even obtained a keyblade.

I'm currently thinking of some places (the mysterious land of shimmering blades so far) to use, but if anyone has a location, feel free to call out.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity
Gunamnex, the Commemoratio de Fortuna

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of a Wayward Traveler Empty Re: Chronicles of a Wayward Traveler

Post  Whats_Up4444 Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:42 am

Old Radiant Garden goes without saying.

Destiny Islands would be good.

Maybe Twilight Town.

Of course Holloween Town with John Skellington.

Reveal how Roland come up with the riddle.

All I can think of.

Maybe this topic should end with when the Keyblade War started, or maybe end the topic with the Keyblade War ending?

Your choice really.
Whats_Up4444
Whats_Up4444
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella
Zane, the Phantasma de Procella

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am

Most likely it will cover events prior to the war starting. It will not be necessarily in chronological order though. Suggestions duly noted.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Destiny Islands

I arrived to these tranquil islands by way of clipper ship, the captain of which was a resident of the islands. I had heard many tales of the beauty of these islands, but as with most sights, the image is far beyond what words us humans can describe. I stepped off onto the pier of the main island a bit after dawn, the smell of a fresh tropical breeze reinvigorated me slightly, a stark contrast to the salty air confined within the ship. I waved goodbye to the crew and captain and started off towards what appeared to be the town center, walking down a clay path that was decorated with sea shells, an art form popular by the craftsmen of these islands. Upon reaching the town center, I stood silently and looked around at the various structures around me. Besides the occasional town houses covered with a mixture of thatch and shingled roofs, there were shops of all sorts, all of them open stalls. The local tropical fruits and crafts were on display, and I began to walk towards some of the stalls, examining the objects with much curiosity. One shopkeeper, Maria was her name, spoke up when I picked up a yellow plush pillow-like object that was shaped like that of a star, except that it had a green leaf-like obtrusion on two ends.

"That's a Paopu fruit pillow. It is very popular among the residents of these islands."

"Paopu fruit?" I asked, surprised to hear such a thing as a star-shaped fruit. Maria smiled and nodded her head.

"Yes, it's a fruit native to these islands. You could say it is our culture's icon. It is said that when two individuals share one together, the Paopu fruit bounds them together forever. Many young couples come out to the islands to share one as a symbol of their love. Friends do so as well, as a symbol of their ever enduring friendship."

We continued to chat for awhile, I of course introducing myself to her and asking several more questions about the surrounding town. At some point of time a fellow appeared at the stand, to whom Maria addressed with a greeting of "Hello mayor." The man, a bit shorter than myself, tipped his hat in reply as he greeted her, then addressed me.

"So you're the new arrival to the islands young man? Welcome to the Destiny Islands. If there is anything you need, do not hesitate to find me around town or at my office in that building across the street." The mayor said whilst pointing behind us.

I looked over and saw what appeared to be a small town hall building, modest in terms with the rest of the town. I introduce myself to the mayor, whose name was apparently Elliot, and then thanked him. Just as he was about to leave, I abruptly asked him a question.

"I do have one question though. What is that island over there for?" I said, pointing towards the nearest island that was visable from the town center. The island looked like a beach ground, with a much smaller pier and what looked to be a tree house and a small shack on it. There was also a much smaller island adjoined to it by a plank bridge.

Mayor Elliot nodded his head as though he had heard the question asked many times before, although he seemed not bothered by it.

"It is an island where the children usually go to when not at school or at home. It is a very vibrant island, and is a popular place for most of the residents to visit for relaxation and fun."

"Do you mind If I went there?" I asked, to which the mayor responded with a nod and a clap of his hands.

"Sure, I'm glad you asked!. You can only reach the island by canoe. There should be one available on the beach, and some of the children should already be there. They love to see outside guests visit and play games with them."

I thanked Mayor Elliot and Maria for their time and began to walk down a clay path that lead to the beach opposite of the neighboring island, thinking about what Maria said about the Paopu fruit.

<So, that is a first post to show what I am doing.>
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Destiny Islands: Continued

As I traversed across the sun-kissed waves, the sight of the island I was approaching became more clearer in view. The beach sand sparkled, shells strewn all about the shoreline. The base of the Island seemed to be like that of a large tree, large rock walls carved by the ocean long ago seemed to hold the tree upright, it's massive branches swept all over the island. There was many wooden structures, including what appeared to be a tree house in one high section of the island. As I approached the dock, I could see several children racing along the beach towards me. I managed to tie off the canoe and step ashore just moments before the children reached me.

Just as the group was within a few feet of me, one of the children, a boy, tripped over a piece of driftwood and fell, barreling towards me like an escaped wheel off a vehicle. I reacted quickly, extending an arm out to catch the child before we could collide. I manage to grab a hold of the child's leg, and promptly lifted him back upright. My arm back to my side, I finally looked at the young lad. He was short in height, most likely the age of 8 or 9. Blond hair with a small streak of red running though it, eyes with red iris, and a face covered in freckles. He wore a simple red t-shirt and blue shorts. The child smiled at me, raised a hand behind his head and thanked me for stopping him. His companions, a girl and another boy, both came up behind him, the two looking up at me with smiles.

"Thanks for stopping him" the girl said. She had a very light blue, almost ocean wave color of hair, eyes sea-foam green. A shell served as a sort of scrunchie for her hair, which she wore back in a single ponytail. She looked to be about the same age as the first boy, and was dressed in a skirt and top that matched her hair in color.

"Yeah, he always trips over stuff when he is not paying attention" said the other boy in the group, to whom the first boy looked back at and stuck out his tongue towards. He was slightly taller than the other two, possibly a year older than them. He has stark black hair, mirrored by his grey eyes. He wore what looked like a set of modified khaki slacks made shorter and a green sleeveless t shirt. He reminded me of a fellow I met once on another journey a year ago, and could almost be a spitting image of the man himself.

I nodded my head and asked them their names. The three replied back in turn.

"I'm Ray"
"I'm Sheryl"
"I'm Victor"

I smiled and introduced myself to the three, who began to ask where I came from. I told them about being a traveler, and they seemed eager to hear my tales. I asked where was the best place to rest on the island, and they pointed towards the small adjacent island I had seen before in the distance, the one connected by a overhead plank bridge. Just as I was about to take my first steps, the three stopped me, their hands up in the air. Puzzled, I asked why.

"Mister Roland, we have a rule on this island about shoes." the trio said in unison. I looked down and noticed that all of them were indeed barefoot. The trio pointed towards the dock edge behind me and I turned to look, noticing three neat sets of shoes lined up in a row. Chuckling, I nodded my head in acknowledgement and knelt down to take off by boots and socks, placing them up on the dock next to the children's. Feeling the warm sand beneath my feet, I took a large breath of the tropical air and asked the three if they wanted to race. The three nodded and immediately took off. I chuckled again at the sight of them scampering off, and started off after them.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 pm

The three children were remarkably fast, all three managing to reach the islet before me. Catching their breath, all three of them climbed onto the central tree's trunk, which seemed to form a natural bench, angling out to the side before shooting upwards. Seeing as there was not much room left on the trunk, I elected to lean against the trunk portion that began to angle upward, to the left of the three. The sun was just beginning on its path to descent, and the skyline was truly a sight to behold. It had a reddish tint, with hints of pink and purple, particularly in the clouds.

"You were right, this is a perfect spot." I said to the three, who were smiling still.

"We always come out here to watch the sun set" Sheryl said to me.

"Yeah, this Paopu tree is the best!" Ray shouted out.

"Paopu tree?" I said as I looked up. Sure enough, one of the star-shaped fruits was growing up at the top of the tree.

"Yeah, it's the fruit of friendship!" Ray said excitedly.

"No, it's the fruit of love." Sheryl said shyly, her face blushing.

"It's the fruit of eternal bonding." Victor said with a huff.

I chuckled, raising my hand behind my head.

"I think it's a combination of all three." I said with smile. The three looked up at me and nodded, as though they agreed.

As we looked at the scene before us, the three asked me about the outer world. I regaled them with stories, and asked in return if any of them had ever ventured out to another land. The three shook their heads, telling me that most of the islanders remained on the islands, save for the ship crews and "special individuals". I asked who these people were, but the three shrugged and said that I should "ask the mayor about them".

After the sun had settled along the horizon, the four of us got up and headed back to the dock. Putting their shoes on, the three began to chat amongst themselves about school the next day. I put my boots on as well, and elected to help them down onto the larger canoe that I had paddled across with. The three seemed attached to me, and I was glad to have met them. Setting out across the waves, I looked up and began to see the stars shine. The three began yawning and eventually dozed off just before reaching the main island. On the beach, the mothers of the three were waiting, and as I reached the shore, they waded out a short distance to help offload the three, who I managed to waken carefully. The mothers thanked me for watching over the three, saying how the mayor had informed them of my visit to the other island. I asked them where I could find lodgings, and the three mothers instructed me to head to the town hall, for the mayor wished to grant his hospitality towards me for the length of my stay. I thanked them for the guidance and the three mothers began to walk up the path, each of them calling out for their perspective child.

Ray, Sheryl, and Victor said goodbye to me, and scampered off to join their mothers. I waved goodbye until they were far up the path and out of sight, then began to walk up the path as well. After a short period of time I was back where I began this day in the center of town. The streetlights were still lighted, as were several homes. The town hall was also still illuminated, and I walked up to the front door and knocked. Mayor Elliot answered my knock, opening the door, still dressed in his day clothes and hat. He smiled and welcomed me inside.

As I walked inside, I took note of the rooms. There was a hallway to the right marked with a sign that read Office. To the front of me was a hallway that included a staircase. Elliot guided me down this central hallway past the staircase and into a room that hanged off to the right, a den in which a fireplace was lit. Two red chairs were positioned across from each other near the fire, a table between the two. Elliot directed me to sit down, which I obliged. He then walked over to a cupboard in the room and retrieved a bottle of rum along with two tankards. A local mix made with tropical fruits, he told me as he returned and poured each of us a tankard before sitting down across from me. I took a sip of the brew and was memorized with the flavor and texture of the brew. It had a strong orange and banana flavor, with a hint of a fruit I had not tasted before.

"What is this third flavor I taste?"

"Extract from Paopu fruits. Don't worry, it has less of an effect than the actual fruit, just makes the worst of enemies the best of friends for a short while."

I chuckled at his statement, knowing full well that I was already friends with all of the islanders I had met. Elliot asked me about my day with the three children, and I regaled about it and the stories I had shared for what seemed like hours. As the rum began to take effect on our ability to stay awake, I asked Elliot about the "special individuals" who left the islands. He looked at me hesitantly for a moment but then asked me a question in return.

"What do you know about an object called the keyblade?"

I replied that I had heard about the keyblade and met several keyblade wielders along my travels. Sensing a sigh of relief, Elliot told me that every so often, a keyblade wielder was born on the islands, one who was born with an inherent keyblade, not one handed down from a master. He told me it was a very rare event, that the last one had left the islands five years ago to explore the world, a lad named Kyle.

We continued talking for a short bit, then Elliot guided back towards the hallway staircase and to a guest room. Bidding me a good nights rest, he departed for another room. Yawning, I made my way over to the hammock-like bed, removing only my boots. Laying down on the bed, I felt my eyes close slowly as I began to drift off.

<Bloody hell, I enjoy writing this more than anything else on here, lol>
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 pm

<Time to write again!>

I was stirred awake by a streak of sunshine from the nearby window. Sitting up, I yawned and attempted to focus my eyes on the clock across the guest room. It read 6:23 AM. Sweeping my legs off the hammock-like bed, I proceeded to put my boots on and stood up, stretching a bit as I yawned again. Leaving the guest room, I made my way downstairs. Hearing sounds of life within the room labeled Office, I knocked once, hearing Elliot's voice from within beckoning me in. As I walked into the office, I was struck by the layout. All along the walls, there was various carvings, some from wood, others from stone, and yet still others from shells. All of them were modeled off of the environment of the island, some taking the shapes of animals, others of tropical trees and of the Island chain itself. Elliot was sitting behind a modest wooden desk, appropriate in size but ornately carved. The desk was covered with paperwork, it was clear to me the Elliot was a hard worker. Behind him, a painting of the main island resided.

"Good morning Roland" Elliot said with a smile. I responded in kind and walked over to the desk, finding a chair nearby to sit in. Elliot finished scribbling something down and spoke once more.

"It's quite a busy day today. We have a feast tonight for our plentiful harvests, and I am stuck balancing matters at the moment. I'm sorry that I won't be able to walk around town with you today."

I nodded my head in understanding. Curious, I asked about the feast. Elliot went into detail as he continued to work, describing the setting, foods, and activities. A bowl of assorted fruits sat on his desk, and he motioned for me take one as a breakfast snack. I obliged him, taking an orange.

"You should go see the kids again at the other island. They seem to be attached to you." Elliot said as he closed one folder and opened up yet another.

Nodding my head, I stood up and bid farewell till later, leaving the office room and eventually made my way outside and into the town center. Finding the path to the beach again, I made my way back to the canoes on the beach, and began to paddle towards the children's island.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  NebulaGregarZX Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

<Seems relatively short, and doesn't have a whole lot to it. It's just Roland getting up in the morning on DI.
...So why does it feel so epic!?>
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum
Aleri, the Vindex de Crepusculum

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 am

<I kinda almost lost consciousness whilst writing that bit, so I ended it quickly>
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:54 pm

As I approached to smaller island, I could see the kids splashing about in the waves. Upon sighting me the three of them all waved in unison. As I docked, they came running up from the water. I had barely taken my boots off before I was tackled by all three of them, falling back onto the sand, a living pile of limbs flailing about, trying to grasp a hold of me. I chuckled, feigning a sign of surrender till the children let got of me and sat opposite of me, allowing me to sit up. Ray, Sheryl, and Victor, all dressed in similar attire like the day before, waited for me to speak.

"You three are heavy" I said sarcastically, the three reacting by making faces. I smiled back at them, then stood up, the three did so as well.

"Let's play hide and seek mister Roland!" Ray said enthusiastically. Sheryl flashed a smile in response, Victor puffed out his chest like he was going to win easily. I agreed to play, and volunteered to count first, shutting my eyes. I heard their steps and shushed shouts as the three scattered across the island.

After I counted to an allotted number, I opened my eyes and scan the surroundings. Walking up towards the tree house on one side of the island, I noticed a streak of ocean blue hair from one of the tree house's planks. Shouting "Sheryl!", I found the young girl standing up haphazardly, spooked by my tone of voice. She looked down at me and smiled, as though she knew she would be the first one to be found. She climbed down and made her way down to the beach, sitting near the tide. I followed her back down, preparing to head towards the other parts of the island.

"Good luck mister Roland!" Sherly said to me, blushing slightly.

"Thanks" I said in reply, as I walked off towards the beach shack. I had noticed a cove that was past it the day before, and figured that was my next searching spot.

Arriving at the cove, I began my search, walking past the matter of obstacles that were strewn about the cove. It appeared that they served as sort of challenge course, no less designed by the two boys as a means of competition. From one platform I saw a faint shadow. I called out, expecting a response. I got none, and as I made my way towards the platform, I noticed the shadow move. Suddenly a figure leaped off the platform, intent on leaving the area. Catching a quick glimpse, I noted that it was the older of the two boys, Victor, and it was obvious he intended to ignore the rules and avoid being found till the end. I elected to give chase, leaping across the platforms and obstacles with ease. Victor kept looking behind him, smirking at the sight of me giving chase. When I disappeared from his sight however, he stopped, standing atop a pillar. Having ducked down out of sight, I climbed the pillar from behind his vision range silently. Reaching up, I grabbed one of his legs, his reaction was panic stricken, and he attempted to kick at the odd arm grabbing hold of him. Using my free arm, I held onto the pillar tightly, then leaned back from it, dragging Victor off the platform and holding him upside down. Jumping down carefully, I made my way back to the central beach, holding the lad upside down still, blocking the few punches he aimed at my chest with my free hand. He was a stubborn fighter, I'll admit that. I plopped him down next to Sheryl, who looked between Victor and me with a puzzled look. I shrugged.

"He did not play fair" I said, as Victor brushed himself off and resumed his usual attitude. He stuck his tongue out before laughing, and I found his reaction quite conflicting given how he portrayed himself as the older head of the three. He was still a child though, and I could tell he would assert himself as an adult in behavior shortly in the years to come. I gave him a mock salute, to which he seemed to take a more likening to, and headed off to search for Ray.

An hour passed as I tried to find Ray. I searched all over, including the shack and the smaller islet. Having found no trace of him, I returned to the others, intending to give up. Victor laughed as I came back, and I made a slumping walking motion as a form of sarcasm, walking slowly with my head down.

"Where could he be?" I asked the two of them.

"Ray is the best at hiding" Sheryl said.

Victor stood up and pointed towards the waterfall.
"He's probably hiding out behind the waterfall" he said.

I gazed over towards the direction he was pointing to, a look of confusion on my face.

"Behind the waterfall?"

Sheryl stood up, brushing off sand from her skirt. She took hold of one of my hands and began to walk up towards the waterfall. I obliged her guidance, Victor following close behind. Taking me to one side of the waterfall, Sheryl pointed towards an opening in the rocks.

"See? There's a cavern back there we call the secret spot. Only us kids know about it." Sheryl said. I was surprised to say the least, and followed her and Victor inside.

<Continued on in next post at a later time. I don't want to lose progress, lol.>
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick Entity Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:54 pm

It was dark, and a calm mist surrounded my body as I followed the two into a rather spacious cavern. I could still see however, as a faint bit of light shone through the darkness, revealing to my eyes a sight beyond my expectations. Drawings, dozens of them, lined the walls of this hideaway. Kids, animals, stars, homes, the islands, all were strewn around me, child-like but also with a depth of dedication. As we entered the main chamber, I spotted Ray now, sitting atop a large rock in one corner.

"What took you so long mister Roland?" The young lad said, before laughing, his feet kicking up into the air.

I shrugged and bowed down, as if surrendering, before Sheryl gripped me by the hand and pointed towards the walls.

"Do you like them?" she asked. I nodded.

"We've been drawing for years here!" Shouted Ray, now standing up on the rock and proudly thumping his chest.

Victor scowled and went up to Ray, pulling him down off the rock by grabbing a bit of Ray's shirt. The lad fell down, and I felt concerned for a moment, but that quickly subsided when I saw Ray stand up immediately and brush himself off.

"We are not the only ones who drew in here Ray, you know that." Victor said with a sigh, as though he has had to clarify this before several times.

"Yeah, kids having been drawing here since the islands were first formed!" Ray said excitedly, as though proud to be a part of the process.

Sheryl now spoke up, her free hand pointing to a spot were some drawings, heavily faded, could still be seen. "Over the years though, their drawings have faded and been replaced by new ones, though you can still see some of the older ones if you try."

I nodded again in reply, and for quite some time I stood there watching all the three, Sheryl having let go of my hand, working on a new drawing. Compared to the other depictions, this new drawing was quite different. It was three pairs of shoes, followed by a pair of boots, which looked like my own. When the three were finished, they signed underneath the initials of their first names, and then looked to me. Walking over, I knelt down and signed underneath the Boots with a R.

"There, now kids of future generations will know about the four of us!" Ray said, beaming with a smile. I smiled too, happy that the three had shown me such a wondrous place of memories.

"Guys, we are going to be late for the festival!" Sheryl said with a sense of urgency. The boys in response looked at one another before darting off, Sheryl shaking her head before following them.

I followed as well, and soon enough the four of us were back to the pier, putting on our footwear, and casting off back towards the main island. As I paddled, I swear that I saw a strange light coming from the children's island during a moment where I looked at it again. I shrugged and continued on, and soon the four of us were back, and the sounds of music could be heard. The three grabbed my hands and eagerly led me off back to town.
Maverick Entity
Maverick Entity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down